Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The REAL Thought Creates Reality
    #1318580 - 02/19/03 07:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, let's say that one has a goal of being a bass guitarist and leader of a sucessful metal band (not nu-metal, fuck that!). Such a lifetime goal has a lot of risks in it. (after all, low risk-low return. high risk-high return). It requires a lot of someone to be able to pull something like that off.
There is no way that this goal could ever be acheived (unless one's really lucky) if one doesn't believe one could do it. One would always be faced with "I can't play that well." "No one will listen to our music." "It is way too hard to get a record contract." "I am afraid of contacting these business men. What if they reject me?"
The truth is, one isn't talented at their instrument unless they BELIEVE they are. Believe me, it requires that extra oomph to be able to play in front of people. One has to have a lot of confidence in what they are doing. If one truly believe's that they are sucessful and are talented and people listen to them, it will come true.
Obviously, one can't just wish and dream and think they are good. If the person actually believes in themselves, and look at everything through the perspective of their goal, it is crystal clear on what problems come between that, what needs to be done. Sucess is a process, not a destination. But it is impossible to start down the road to sucess if one doesn't believe they can make it where they are going in the first place. You can sit at home in front of the T.V. and dream and think the world will come to you, or you can believe in yourself and get what needs to be done, done. Actually live the life you want to live.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (02/19/03 07:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The REAL Thought Creates Reality [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1318699 - 02/19/03 08:16 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with you totally, but as I stated in my other post, goal-setting, focus and discipline are age-old methods for achievement and there is NOTHING metaphysical nor miraculous about busting your ass to get where you want to go.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The REAL Thought Creates Reality [Re: Swami]
    #1318799 - 02/19/03 08:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not saying that there is. It is just a state of mind. It is a very powerful state of mind, but that is all that it is. However, if people believe there is something miraculous about it and go with it, regardless or whether it is or not, they are still in that state of mind.
The mind is capable of many things if it knows it is. Sort of like the smart kid who thinks he is dumb, so he doesn't try. I dunno.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1318932 - 02/19/03 10:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

that still doesn't mean that thought creates reality..... I mean we can look out in space and see light from billions of years ago.. we weren't around to create that light

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1319001 - 02/19/03 10:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In other words: visualize the destination, not the path.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The REAL Thought Creates Reality [Re: Remy]
    #1319168 - 02/19/03 11:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No, visualize both. The path is just as important as the destination. You only visualize the direction and you float along blindly in the general direction of the destination. Not only visualize both, but enjoy taking the path, too.

A vast amount of reality does depend on your thoughts. Some children in Muslim countries are brought up to hate Americans. That thought was put into their heads. If they grew up in a patriotic American household, they wouldn't have that thought. The way we see reality depends on our perception of it, which is shaped by our thoughts alone. It is a thought that tells us that something isn't normal, or whatever.
I once read a book that (I'm not familiar with physics), said that the existence of the most basic particles that compose us only exist as a possibility, which means we only exist as a possibilty. (I know I didn't get the right point across, but someone that does know what I mean might want to reinforce this).
If we know we, and everything around us, is just a possibilty, and possibilities are endless, then anything is possible.
Once you clear your head of the previous thoughts that say what can't be a possibility, you will realize that everything is possible. We have the ability to create. We should use it to meet the goals that we set.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top. Pages: 1