Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Wimy]
    #13325604 -

weiliiinmyyard said:


indoor is fun too but where we live is awesome for outdo'!



:ilold: That's my favorite pic.  Unfortunately I can't grow anything right now.  Mainly here for the hunting and IDing, oddly enough I found this place by googling something and ending up in the pub.:gonz: 

After a good bit I thought I might as well check the mush out.

I viewed one set of myco-porn after another and now I am hooked.:whacker:

I was only going to try it once!! :ahahaha: 

Seriously nice specimens you have there.  It may have been a while back but congrats all the same!

Quote:
rain damnit!



daz wut I'm sayin.:crankdre:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Wimy]
    #13326191 -

weiliiinmyyard have you ever tried to make up spawn of Weilii and move it outside?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: FilamentousFungi]
    #13327486 -

:awehigh:Hey guys, check out what our friendly local radar map is saying....hells yes:bliss:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Passengerr]
    #13328797 -

Whats the fastest they will start sprouting out after the rain moves through? Earliest I've been forunate enough to pick was several hours after a good rain and tomorrow I am taking the fullest advantage. I'm thinking if the rain moves through by 7am, then by 9am, things should be looking good.


--------------------
To derive one's happiness from only specific moments in time is to miss out on the cosmic accident that is all of life's moments

Edited by cappincrunk (10/13/10 12:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: cappincrunk]
    #13329774 -

So who got rain last night?  I need to come and rape your city......


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Passengerr]
    #13330889 -

I found a nice cluster today. Pics will be posted in abit. Out still hunting. I got rain last night :smile:


--------------------
where in the world are weilii?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: JaciNEvan]
    #13331640 -

I went around my neighborhood, and found a handful. No clusters. Don't think we got the rain that was predicted in my area(woodstock), but then again, I was asleep.


--------------------
To derive one's happiness from only specific moments in time is to miss out on the cosmic accident that is all of life's moments

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: cappincrunk]
    #13342955 -


Sorry about the pis* poor quality of these pics, they were taken with two different cell phones. Found these guys growing in bermuda in an office park in Gwinnett county a couple of days ago. You had to be right on top of them to find them. The same spot this time last year produced literally hundreds of them from large clusters to big fat singles but it seems the lack of rain and temperature fluxes have made for a much more modest harvest so far. Maybe I was spoiled by last years plentiful bounty but it seems this year you really have to put in the leg work to find any weillis. I hope they come back in force this year but I'm having my doubts. I had a 60 gallon igloo cooler 1/3 full of them last fall but I'm still very grateful for the ones that have found me so far and it makes each find that much more special. Keep looking. Office parks around 10 years old with bermuda or fescue seem give me the most luck. I usually find them growing on the edge of pinestraw beds.


--------------------
I talk to planets, baby!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Ozium]
    #13345429 -

I found these completely buried in pinestraw (like, you see the pinestraw bump and then have to dig for them) in a Gwinnett office park, in the sweet spot between 2 sprinkler heads. they're pretty water-logged but kinda nipply too. too soggy to tell on these?














Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: doctorghosty]
    #13345451 -

They are not Psilocybe weilii, one way you can tell is the total lack of blue bruising among other traits.  Sounds like you're looking in the right habitat though.

Keep looking!

Edit: nvm


--------------------




Edited by amilibertine (10/16/10 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: amilibertine]
    #13345504 -

im with ambilbertine:thumbup: those don't really have the bruising you'd expect to see on beaten up weilii - - also the gills seem a little too dark and you can't see a whitish edge on the mature gills either!!!
Always better safe than sorry!
Yeah sounds n looks like your in the PERFECT place for weillii but looks like you got a imposter
Keep it up tho bro!! your bound to find some beauties here soon:thumbup:
Happy fall - Mad weillii vibes your way:cheers:


--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: amilibertine]
    #13345523 -

uhh, I said "a Gwinnett office park."

Gwinnett is 436 square miles worth of land and encompasses at least 13 small cities I can think of right off the top of my head maybe more.

sooooo, yeah, I think that's probably gonna be A-OK, specificity wise, thank you though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: doctorghosty]
    #13345561 -

Sorry.  Wasn't trying to pick on you.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: amilibertine]
    #13345575 -

and i'm sorry as well, my comment probably came off more snappy than I intended. I just thought it was funny bc it's such a huge county. Have a lovely evening and thanks for looking at these soggy, nasty looking monstronsities :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: doctorghosty]
    #13345581 -

:bunnyhug:


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: doctorghosty]
    #13349682 -

doctorghostyhead said:
I found these completely buried in pinestraw (like, you see the pinestraw bump and then have to dig for them) in a Gwinnett office park, in the sweet spot between 2 sprinkler heads. they're pretty water-logged but kinda nipply too. too soggy to tell on these?

















Did you ever take spore prints on these? How was the smell?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: northgahunt]
    #13352909 -

I did, on both foil and white paper, and both looked pretty black to me. And they smelled really strongly mushroom-y...I smelled them before I even saw where they were under the pinestraw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: doctorghosty]
    #13353624 -

doctorghostyhead said:
I did, on both foil and white paper, and both looked pretty black to me. And they smelled really strongly mushroom-y...I smelled them before I even saw where they were under the pinestraw.




Black spore print pretty much rules them out. I have seen weilii that have not bruised, especially when super saturated.

From looking at the first picture, shroom on right, I was thinking you would get a rich dark brown spore print, about the same color as those gills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: amilibertine]
    #13353649 -

amilibertine said:
They are not Psilocybe weilii, one way you can tell is the total lack of blue bruising among other traits.  Sounds like you're looking in the right habitat though.

Keep looking!

Edit: nvm




I think they are P. weilii.


Quote:
northgahunt said:
Black spore print pretty much rules them out.






I never trust the spore print colors given by new users, they are likely to be dark purple brown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weilii woodland var. 8-28-10 [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #13353700 -

I thought they looked liked it also, you are probably right about the spore print. Maybe he can post a picture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 |

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* weilii ID help please - lots of them
( 1 2 all )
nonsence 7,875 33 10/15/02 05:48 PM
by viscid
* Jack-o-Lanterns, Weilii, and Gyms (TONS OF PICS!) Gumby 5,105 19 11/03/04 02:54 PM
by 2Experimental
* Woodland weilii and the tale of a great cubie field!!
( 1 2 all )
Lizard King 6,392 20 07/21/04 09:55 PM
by Gumby
* Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) Lizard King 4,302 16 09/27/01 03:09 PM
by Levi7
* A few Ps. weilii images
( 1 2 all )
Lizard King 7,142 34 08/10/18 03:55 PM
by Einsteinsbeard
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 79,316 688 12/07/04 01:11 PM
by hot48yearolds
* Post deleted by Moe Howard Macey Howard 1,791 15 08/26/02 02:41 PM
by livetoride007
* a few of todays woodland Ps. Weilii
( 1 2 3 all )
rasjoe2112 5,216 45 08/22/05 11:22 PM
by rasjoe2112

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
163,237 topic views. 1 members, 28 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.