Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Thought Creates Reality
    #1317707 - 02/18/03 06:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Umm, maybe with something physical such as building a house, but have never witnessed any mysterious or supernatural or miraculous effect from merely holding an unwavering inner picture.

I have dreamed of something every day for too many years (of which I will NOT speak due to its highly personal nature) and made huge financial and emotional sacrifices only to have it disintegrate in my hand. I was completely committed to this image of the future.

Now my life energy has been sucked dry. And many of you ask why I am such a skeptic?

My advice to myself and to you is to stop dreaming and thinking and to start doing before the years slip away.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: Swami]
    #1318094 - 02/19/03 12:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

agreed.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1318157 - 02/19/03 02:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I shall try... er... DO.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1318206 - 02/19/03 02:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I once followed the prescription for chaos magick given by Phil Hine - Statement of Intent, Intense Gnosis, Forget original intent. I sort of did it by accident and I was tripping at the time. My statement of intent was there will be lightning tonite. And there was, but only one flash of lightning and no thunder. Luckily a straight friend was there to confirm for me that there had in fact been a big flash of lightning. He seemed quite freaked out by it, though I never told him I may have accidebtally caused it myself!! Maybe synchronicity, maybe pure chance that they happened at that time. I dont know. I do know though that it is very hard to forget a desire and this is apparently important as otherwise your concious mind keeps hold of it and the deep mind never gets to work its magick. So Swami, perhaps by being so completely commited to what you desired you were actually not helping the situation.
I dont know...

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1318252 - 02/19/03 03:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Reality creates thought, IMO :wink: which in turn can alter the reality it came from, which can alter thought, which can alter the reality.......

many of us have lost the perception of NOW! RIGHT NOW is the only time you can get anything done :wink: and when people keep their dreams held high, they tend to forget that it is THEY who has to draw this dream into existence

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/19/03 03:48 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: GazzBut]
    #1318347 - 02/19/03 04:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe synchronicity, maybe pure chance that they happened at that time.
A one-time event may warrant further research, but in and of itself says nothing. Get a few shroomerites together on a clear night with a minimum of one skeptic and repeat the experiment and report back. Naturally you will NOT do this as the "fun" will be taken from your anecdote when a negative report is submitted. Of course the new "fun" lies in the making of excuses as to why the experiment failed.

So Swami, perhaps by being so completely commited to what you desired you were actually not helping the situation.
So you recommend a half-assed committment as a solution?

--------------------

Edited by Swami (02/19/03 06:18 AM)

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1318452 - 02/19/03 05:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was playing rummy tonight at work with some co-workers when I needed a 10.. all I could think about was "wouldn't it be great if a ten came up.." there was one already laid down and 2 in my hand with more than half the deck in the pile, so the chances were fairly slim, but when I flipped the top card BOOM - there it was.
Things like this happen to me on a daily basis. Some good, some bad, and I've been trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.. it almost seems as if when I want something to happen but don't care if it does or doesn't, it will, but when I want something to happen for reasons only beneficial to me, it doesn't. The card example was only beneficial to me, but I wasn't thinking "it would suck if it didn't..." - it was positive thinking either way.

- my two cents

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1318579 - 02/19/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

A one-time event may warrant further research, but in and of itself says nothing. Get a few shroomerites together on a clear night with a minimum of one skeptic and repeat the experiment and report back. Naturally you will NOT do this as the "fun" will be taken from your anecdote when a neagtive report is submitted. Of course the new "fun" lies in the making of excuses as to why the experiment failed.

Already done mate!

Quote:

So you recommend a half-assed committment as a solution?

Nope. Im just saying that if you were really attached to this thing you were visualising it may have had a negative effect on the manifestation of said thing.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: nubious]
    #1318599 - 02/19/03 05:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course we tend to notice things like this but you maybe dont notice the number of times you turn over a 9 instead  :grin:

I do think your right though. You do need to be able to let go of your desires, to a degree, to allow synchronicity to appear. Maybe anyway....

PEACE 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1318663 - 02/19/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Now my life energy has been sucked dry.

:frown:

I'm sorry, Swami!  I've never felt this way before, and it just sounds awful!  I sincerely hope your life energy returns to you and you make it through whatever hardship you are facing.

I personally believe that if a person really wants to make something happen (within the scope of reality, that is), he or she can make that happen.  Just don't give up!  Get back on that effin' proverbial horse!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1318730 - 02/19/03 06:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course we tend to notice things like this but you maybe dont notice the number of times you turn over a 9 instead

Haha true indeed, but the point was I needed the Ten to go out :smile: 

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1318741 - 02/19/03 06:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Steve. :smile:

This particular life event (or should I say non-event) and the time and energy expended is gone forever. It is not like more study, time, and effort may bring it to fruition. There is literally nothing to get back on and ride except to start over from scratch in an entirely new direction.

Guess the lesson to be learned (and what Gazzbut was saying?) is to put forth your best effort in any endeavor, but to not be attached to the result. This is extremely difficult if it is your heart's desire.

Pain is in direct proportion to the difference between desired reality and actual reality. 

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1319225 - 02/19/03 10:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Swami: Pain is in direct proportion to the difference between desired reality and actual reality.

Hmmm....
I like that. Suffering is then what happens when you can't or don't cope with actual reality, then?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#1319687 - 02/19/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thought doesn't create reality; belief does.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: Sclorch]
    #1320282 - 02/19/03 04:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

look up the myth of syphisus, i think you might like it :smile:, it has exactly to do with it, im having to review it for my final tomorrow for The Stranger, trying to get some thoughts for my writing and its been really enlightening, spark notes has the nice condensed version for my lack of time (about ooo 9 hours till i have to take the test) anyway. ive just come to this realization, and i see where swami stands and now yourself. and lately my "visions" have been horribly distorting me and have sucked away precious sanity. on the subject about all the believing stuff? i mean its just stuff like anything else, another possibility to this, "what we call reality", a day dream, and its lack of substance on the direct reality has my head spinning around, and as swami has now revealed from his experience i can relate. there is still some shit i cant explain, but now i think i can just let it go on, ive come to feel a little more accepting of things. my heads been in a horrible gridlock traffic jam lately, the cars are just now starting to merge back into some kind of easy flowwing traffic.

im glad to see you post this resonse, and im glad for swami sharing his reason for being "skeptical". i really appreciate it guys :wink: :smile:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: Sclorch]
    #1320286 - 02/19/03 04:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

in case you dont want to go searching.
---------------------------------(from spark notes)---------------------------------------
Camus has argued that the absurd hero sees life as a constant struggle, without hope. Any attempt to deny or avoid the struggle and the hopelessness that define our lives is an attempt to escape from this absurd contradiction. Camus's single requirement for the absurd man is that he live with full awareness of the absurdity of his position. While Sisyphus is pushing his rock up the mountain, there is nothing for him but toil and struggle. But in those moments where Sisyphus descends the mountain free from his burden, he is aware. He knows that he will struggle forever and he knows that this struggle will get him nowhere. This awareness is precisely the same awareness that an absurd man has in this life. So long as Sisyphus is aware, his fate is no different and no worse than our lot in life.

We react to Sisyphus's fate with horror because we see its futility and hopelessness. Of course, the central argument of this essay is that life itself is a futile struggle devoid of hope. However, Camus also suggests that this fate is only horrible if we continue to hope, if we think that there is something more that is worth aiming for. Our fate only seems horrible when we place it in contrast with something that would seem preferable. If we accept that there is no preferable alternative, then we can accept our fate without horror. Only then, Camus suggests, can we fully appreciate life, because we are accepting it without reservations. Therefore, Sisyphus is above his fate precisely because he has accepted it. His punishment is only horrible if he can hope or dream for something better. If he does not hope, the gods have nothing to punish him with.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1320344 - 02/19/03 05:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this may not be the right response per say but i thought i might post it as well and funny you chose slip away. a little emotional resonse from me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My advice to myself and to you is to stop dreaming and thinking and to start doing before the years slip away."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moby
Whispering Wind
like the whispering wind you sent to me
like the hopeless time you gave to me
i watched your dreams all slip away
i watched your dreams all slip away
there's a hopeless place inside my heart
when i look inside i see where we are
like the whispering wind in the top of the trees
i will watch the sky come following me
like the rain on my windows late every night
like the hope i have for us every time
it's like the whispering wind in the top of the trees
i see it sway as you come for me

there's a whispering wind i feel it inside
like a place i can feel but never will see
let a whisper come touch you come touch every thing
i stand in the way of the things i can be
let the whispering wind come lift us away
let it push us apart if we wish to stay
you're my sweetness my baby my love for all time
like the whispering wind it makes you all mine
like the whispering wind you stand here with me
like the whispering wind you stand here with me
i see your dreams all slip away
slip away
slip away
slip away

--------------------
What?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Thought Creates Reality [Re: ]
    #1320613 - 02/19/03 08:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thought doesn't create reality; belief does.

Right on!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder