Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
The human need to feel special and different.
    #1313095 - 02/17/03 01:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it that allot of people feel the need to be unique and special, be it trough religion, encounters with aliens or trough drugs?
Certain types of people will believe just about anything as long as they feel that they are part of something unique. Like they have evolved and transcended beyond that of ordinary people.
My ex girlfriend was the perfect example of this. She was very insecure in her self and broke down very easily. She was also very spiritual and believed in a higher power. She also refused to have a scientific outlook on anything and would call me unworthy or unfit to taste the flesh of the gods whenever i insinuated that shrooms might not be a gateway to a new dimension.

She for example believed that we humans have lived multiple times before and each time we where reborn we had evolved a little more. She also said that since i refused to believe in some of the outrageous claims she made i had only lived but a few times before and where not as enlightened as she was.

Her friends shared the same outlook on life and they would support each-others arguments. The interesting thing was that my ex and her friends shared a common trait, they all possessed very dependant personalities. Insecurities and feelings of inadequacy where everyday problems for these girls. Its funny when you think about it, here we have these girls that are having problems coping with reality and everyday life, yet they think that they are enlightened and in possesion of special powers such as PSI, telephaty and what not.

I once followed my ex to a local UFO club in my area who was led by a prominent female surgeon. The fact that the leader of these people was a physician was reason alone not to doubt anything these people had to say according to my ex.

When i sat there and listened to the supposed "abducts" and the surgeon it became apparent that these people craved attention more than anything. They didn't seem to be satisfied with the life they where living and desperately needed to feel that they where part of something bigger. That THEY alone had been chosen by the aliens. The more i listened to them the more apparent the flaws in their story's became. My old college psychology class would have had a field day listening to these people.

I don't want an explanation for everything and i know that everything cant be explained with conventional science. I know that i myself is guilty of wanting to feel chosen and special. However i have come to realize that psilocybin is just a chemical and not a portal to another dimension even tough i in my youth desperately searched for answers in the sacred fruit.

Seriously people. Do you really think that there are grey aliens out there probing our asses? or that psychedelics gives us a glimpse of another dimension where enlightened entities are giving us messages. Really?
Ofcource i don't think that any of you die hard religious or spiritual people will bend and inch as i know that you would do anything to keep your illusion alive.

Go out on a summer morning to a meadow and touch the grass. Look at the sky. Feel the wind on your face and tell me that all that is just an illusion. There are no dimensions, no astral planes just reality, and a beautiful one at that.

I actually don't remember what point i was trying to make anymore so ignore this.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1313128 - 02/17/03 02:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

We are all lost..waiting for someone or something to show you the way

but those of you who know..

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1313130 - 02/17/03 02:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting stuff you mentioned there. I totally agree in most of these words.
Personally i don't believe that "psilocybin is just a chemical " as you say. For me the mushrooms are a gift from the god. Nothing more nothing less.
Generally i am an open minded person so i believe that MAYBE aliens exist in another planet out there. Nobody has the answer so there are possibilities tat aliens exist as there are possibilities for the oposite. So it's wrong to say that "there aren't aliens"! You should say "MAYBE there aren't aliens"

peace

Edited by Hamurabi (02/17/03 02:05 AM)

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1313146 - 02/17/03 02:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure there are aliens out there. It just seems logical to me that somewhere in the billions of planets and what not out there some sort of life has evolved. It happened here, it could happen somewhere else. I'm not saying that they are definitely a "higher intelligence" just that some other form of life is out there.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1313149 - 02/17/03 02:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Er... I'm confused...

You feel you and/or your reality views are superior to our wild theories and concepts? Or, as a dutch comedian once put it:
"Everybody on this earth is so selfish, I'm the only one who thinks about ME!"

Seriously now. I would be so bold as to describe myself as spiritually/religiously inclined. Holier than thou? It gets on my nerves too. Omnicyclic eternal re?ncarnation? Totally! "Older souls" vs "Younger souls"? Gimme a break! Everything is as essential as everything else. Nothing can be missed or the Whole would be gone. That's my illusion, or my reality, take a pick.
"Real" vs "Illusion" is your battle, lemme just melt away the boundaries and claim that EVERYTHING is 100% REAL!

Hee hee hee, didn't see that one coming now did you?! :grin: 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #1313150 - 02/17/03 02:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

my thinking is the same with yours TerzMasta but we cannot say that we are 100% sure :wink:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #1313154 - 02/17/03 02:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

On those aliens...

There's 100.000.000.000 stars in our galaxy, this being about average
There's 100.000.000.000 galaxies in our universe
There's about 50 planets, moons etc. orbiting this one star

So that's 10.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 stars out there (take my word on this: i've counted 'em one particularly clear night) times whatever planets equals a zillion shitloads of planets outthere...

Shit: I'd bet somewhere in space there's a you that DOES believe in aliens posting his wild ideas to a me that doesn't :wink: 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Asante]
    #1313179 - 02/17/03 03:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think there are alien lifeforms out there to i just dont think that there are any in our galaxy. But as someone stated earlier one can never be really sure about anything.

--------------------
--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1313189 - 02/17/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man: all in good fun..
No offence taken I hope?

One can never be really sure about anything... I think :grin:
I loooove paradoxes!

BTW. Was that you in my stash just now?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Anonymous

#1313207 - 02/17/03 03:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Your ex was an idiot.

Just thought I'd say that.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: ]
    #1313235 - 02/17/03 04:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Your ex was an idiot.

Just thought I'd say that.

Yeah but she had an amazing body!

--------------------
--------------------

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
    #1313348 - 02/17/03 05:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Go out on a summer morning to a meadow and touch the grass. Look at the sky. Feel the wind on your face and tell me that all that is just an illusion. There are no dimensions, no astral planes just reality, and a beautiful one at that.

I actually don't remember what point i was trying to make anymore so ignore this.

:smile:  yeah dude.  theres nothing more beautiful than just being outside and open to nature, and seeing everything without trying to pick anything to stand out. 

but still, shrooms offer a vision of something you cant find anywhere in this world.  its soemthing completely different in everyway, and its this complete alienness that makes it so compelling.  i dont take shrooms to help me feel special, i take them because i find the thigns i feel on them to be great. 

i take shrooms, because once you've seen how crazy another place might be, you appreciate what you have even more.  if actually plan on sometime soon going homeless for awhile, just so that as i live my life, i can appreciate the little things like my home, my food.

everything you have is a gift.  everything is beautiful, and even whenever deadly flawed, that flaw brings the beauty out even more.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: minusrestraint]
    #1313465 - 02/17/03 06:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There are aliens out there more than likely but i doubt in my life time i will ever see one. yeah, i would have to agree your ex was a bit desporite for an answer, maybe you should have got'n her to do some shrooms. Shrooms to me are very special. They can give you views and new ideas and new prospectives of life that can alter the mindset and actually give you some peace that you are something special. That is why i do the shroom =)

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: GrowingVines]
    #1313489 - 02/17/03 07:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think the point he was trying to make is that just because you believe, doesn't mean you're using the knowledge.

doesn't matter what you believe in if its not making you a better person, and i think what he was saying was that he didn't see very evolved poeple.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1313702 - 02/17/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Swami posted THIS in his thread, Nihilism.

I think you'll understand.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1314610 - 02/17/03 02:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"psilocybin is just a chemical"

'love' is just a chemical too

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Grav]
    #1314652 - 02/17/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's bs grav... and not very clever either.

Love is not static. Chemicals are.

If you want to be sarcastic and use super-materialistic reductionism to "invalidate" someone else's view on the nature of psilocybin, then just make sure it's not on my watch.

tick toc

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Sclorch]
    #1315265 - 02/17/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Now, now Sclorch.  Wouldn't the Nihilistic view of it be that love is the result of certain nerotransmiters being in the synapses.  One might say love is a chemical imbalance in the brain. :tongue:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Anonymous

Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Sclorch]
    #1315270 - 02/17/03 06:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

:blush:

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: The human need to feel special and different. [Re: Asante]
    #1315272 - 02/17/03 06:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Real" vs "Illusion" is your battle, lemme just melt away the boundaries and claim that EVERYTHING is 100% REAL!

Props to Wiccan.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate