Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11736513 -

Quote:
Regardless, faulting him for not responding sooner as though it has any pertinence as anything beyond pandering is silly.



No, it isn't. A large part - a VERY large part - of the position Obama currently holds consists of making obligatory appearances at key moments. You personally (and I for that matter) may opine that any statement Obama might make does not  alter the facts on the ground, but it is important psychologically that he acknowledge the facts on the ground, and that he do so publicly and promptly and accurately. In actual fact, his acknowledgment was neither prompt nor accurate. It was bad enough that his flunkies waited three hours to even inform him of the event, but it is inexcusable it took him three fucking days to get his shit together enough to address the nation.

This is the same guy, mind you, who has been almost impossible to shut up over the last year, pre-empting airtime at his whim for yet another gassy speech full of platitudes about how incredibly important it is that America cripple its health care right now, dammit!

Oh... and the appearance sans tie was another nice touch.







Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: Phred]
    #11736762 -

If not to make ceremonial appearances and give good sounding but meaningless speeches just what is this guy's job?  Those were the only talents the empty suit had in the first place.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11737422 -

Who was in charge of the detainees (who were let go) at Gitmo?  Looks like these guys helped with the bombing:


I think its safe to say, that those guys wont becoming to Illoinois anytime soon.


http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/men-believed-northwest-airlines-plot-set-free/story?id=9434065


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #11737550 -

They were sent to Saudi Arabia for Art Therapy.  Then they either escaped to Yemen or simply went there after they were deemed rehabilitated.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: Phred]
    #11739039 -

Phred said:
No, it isn't. A large part - a VERY large part - of the position Obama currently holds consists of making obligatory appearances at key moments......
it is important psychologically that he acknowledge the facts on the ground, and that he do so publicly and promptly and accurately.



Seems a bit more of a conglomeration of past trends and expectations that he offers token reassurance than some inherent aspect of the job description, though. :shrug:
It would seem plausible to me at least that he deliberately didn't immediately respond in such a manner. I mean, it would be his first attempted terrorist act, after all, and I'm sure there was subsequently some calculation involved regarding how to handle the matter.
I guess he just might not want to play the game as others want him too, and I'm not sure exactly how much negative reverberations he'll suffer for opting to downplay the incident (which is what I'm assuming he was going for).
I wouldn't blame him for the not rushing to the teleprompter myself because it really seems to me to be a phony charade anyways. :wink:

Quote:
Oh... and the appearance sans tie was another nice touch.



I wouldn't mind to see the tie fade away myself. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: Phred]
    #11741487 -

Quote:
It was bad enough that his flunkies waited three hours to even inform him of the event, but it is inexcusable it took him three fucking days to get his shit together enough to address the nation.



Remember how the liberals went on and on about how Bush kept reading a book to school children?  Amazing to see how quickly they recant their position when it is somebody they like making the same mistake.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: Seuss]
    #11741728 -

I don't think it was the same at all.  Unless you consider golfers to be emotionally immature children.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: Seuss]
    #11742566 -

Seuss said:
Quote:
It was bad enough that his flunkies waited three hours to even inform him of the event, but it is inexcusable it took him three fucking days to get his shit together enough to address the nation.



Remember how the liberals went on and on about how Bush kept reading a book to school children?  Amazing to see how quickly they recant their position when it is somebody they like making the same mistake.



Well, to be fair.... Bush is responsible for everything from the extinction of the dinosaurs, the end of Pompeii and also the deaths of Harry Randall Truman, David A. Johnston and Maurice and Katia Krafft.

Oh yeah, and I stubbed my toe yesterday. That's definitely that fuckers fault!


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Time for another one, Napolitano, to go [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11742672 -

What I find so assholeish that it is humorous, is to add insult to injury the presidents staff now states that the reason for his lack of a timely response was due to the fact he didn't want to give "an undue amount of presidential attention to the matter". WTF? As if the system worked statement wasn't bad enough. I guess an attempted terrorist plot on American soil to kill those in the plane wasn't enough to warrant a response from him. What weren't there any blacks on the plane?

What I find amazing is that when he did go on record he stated concerns with human and systemic breakdowns, the fault of bureaucracy, etc. Why is no one holding his feet to the fire? I love the double standard, when FEMA screwed up it was all BUSHES fault, he was a racist, he hated blacks, he was inept, etc. He had to personally take the blame for a whole federal organizations failures. Obamas camp even stated that what they said wasn't nearly as bad as Bushes comments about Katrina. Yet, Obama seems to be able to distance himself, HE had nothing to do with it. I'm surprised he didn't blame it on the past adm. Don't forget he "inherited" these terrorists from Bush.

I wonder why he didn't send out his message to not jump to any conclusions like he did with Hassan. Don't worry about the potential victims, we just don't want anyone to blame the Muslims. The system was an abject failure. The only thing that was not a failure was the component completely isolated from the system, the actions of the other passengers. What if they didn't derive any conclusions, perhaps this guy was just happy he made it to America and wanted some of the other passengers to be privy to his impromptu personal pyrotechnics show.

What if those around this guy were old women that could not intervene? Would the system still be a success? I wish I could have been on that plane, I would have done everything in my power to snap that Nigerian negros neck. I think the guy that jumped over people to incapacitate this Muslim should become a national hero.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hezbollah attempting to transfer captured Israeli soldiers to IRAN
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 3,657 29 07/13/06 09:00 PM
by Microcosmatrix
* Can Terrorists Build the Bomb? trendalM 1,040 1 02/18/05 09:28 PM
by automan
* Nope, this won't help make more terrorists - Part II Evolving 1,216 14 04/19/04 06:26 PM
by Edame
* 'PC' Airport Screening Ignored 9/11 Suspects! Anonymous 921 4 03/20/02 10:10 PM
by wingnutx
* What is more dangerous to America? Terrorists or Republicans?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
1stimer 9,669 80 07/01/05 01:22 PM
by Ancalagon
* Whos' scarier - Our Government or Terrorists?
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 3,604 55 07/15/04 09:42 AM
by Xlea321
* Canadian Terrorists Catalysis 1,520 12 01/21/07 07:31 AM
by Luddite
* Terrorists look for a path TO peace - but the path IS peace
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
spacedragon 11,932 148 06/21/04 06:26 AM
by st0nedphucker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,566 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.