Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11447638 -

Different contexts, so not exactly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11447650 -

I don't see what you are intending to say. Different contexts?


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11447682 -

Meditate on it on top of a mountain for an hour, the answer might come.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11448591 -

There's probably more chances of that occurring than obtaining an answer from someone that seems reluctant to explain themselves into futher detail. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11448671 -

fireworks_god said:
Maybe you'll be ready to be a moderator here in a couple years. Right now it seems that you might be a little preoccupied with how others think of you.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11450573 -

fireworks_god said:
There's probably more chances of that occurring than obtaining an answer from someone that seems reluctant to explain themselves into futher detail. :wink:



Why should I feel the need to explain myself when I know what I'm talking about?

I already know what I'm talking about, and I'm not the one misunderstanding.

There seems to be some hypocrisy going on here.

Who isn't preoccupied with they way others think of them?  It's the way of each of our own unique personalities.  We each have our own shadows.  If nobody were preoccupied in that sense, nobody would be posting here. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11450581 -

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:
deranger said:ME FOR MOD?




Probably for the www.stupidforums.com



:ilold: what a perfect position for him!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11450588 -

deranger said:
fireworks_god said:
There's probably more chances of that occurring than obtaining an answer from someone that seems reluctant to explain themselves into futher detail. :wink:



Why should I feel the need to explain myself when I know what I'm talking about?

I already know what I'm talking about, and I'm not the one misunderstanding.

There seems to be some hypocrisy going on here.

Who isn't preoccupied with they way others think of them?  It's the way of each of our own unique personalities.  We each have our own shadows.  If nobody were preoccupied in that sense, nobody would be posting here. :wink:



i am one of those who really doesn't care about who thinks of me as what.
i used too but now i got over it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: elementswrath]
    #11450614 -

elementswrath said:
i am one of those who really doesn't care about who thinks of me as what.
i used too but now i got over it.



You wanna be a mod?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: RationalEgo]
    #11450625 -

i do cause i want my avatar to be bigger,
thats about it....but i don't really care for the position.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11450751 -

fireworks_god said:
deranger said:
No I just find it amusing and entertaining the way others think of me.



Exactly as I said.



@fireworks_god

i like watching a basketball game.
but i dont care who wins.


now..

go back..


might make more sense.

meditating would get you nowhere..

@deranger

                        ^

thats how you talk to computers

:wink:



.....

:leaving:


--------------------



---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11451864 -

deranger said:
Why should I feel the need to explain myself when I know what I'm talking about?



You shouldn't feel the need.
You weren't talking to yourself, you were talking to me.
Obviously, it isn't a matter of you understanding what you were talking about, because if that was the only concern, then you wouldn't have said something to me.

If you don't want me to understand what you said to me with one vague line lacking of the necessay detail for me to understand what you mean, that's great. Its not like you should or that you have to.
The essential nature of communication is that, when you are saying something to someone else, it is a question of them understanding you, not of whether or not you understand you.
That's already implied.

The fact that someone who is told something misunderstands the intended meaning of the speaker and that the speaker already knows what they were trying to say is a common occurrence on this planet. Is there a particular reason that you don't seem inclined to want me to understand what you meant with "not really. different contexts"?


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: elementswrath]
    #11458496 -

Obviously, it isn't a matter of you understanding what you were talking about, because if that was the only concern, then you wouldn't have said something to me.

I didn't want you to understand, because this type of debate is interesting to me.

The essential nature of communication is that, when you are saying something to someone else, it is a question of them understanding you, not of whether or not you understand you.
That's already implied.

I originally had the intention to communicate differently.  Not in the sense of communication you are commonly used to. 

The fact that someone who is told something misunderstands the intended meaning of the speaker and that the speaker already knows what they were trying to say is a common occurrence on this planet. Is there a particular reason that you don't seem inclined to want me to understand what you meant with "not really. different contexts"?

Yes, because it proves to me and some others the lack of one's ability to understand and think outside of context.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: elementswrath]
    #11458501 -

elementswrath said:
deranger said:
fireworks_god said:
There's probably more chances of that occurring than obtaining an answer from someone that seems reluctant to explain themselves into futher detail. :wink:



Why should I feel the need to explain myself when I know what I'm talking about?

I already know what I'm talking about, and I'm not the one misunderstanding.

There seems to be some hypocrisy going on here.

Who isn't preoccupied with they way others think of them?  It's the way of each of our own unique personalities.  We each have our own shadows.  If nobody were preoccupied in that sense, nobody would be posting here. :wink:



i am one of those who really doesn't care about who thinks of me as what.
i used too but now i got over it.



your post shows complete misunderstanding.

i don't care what others think of me.  i have gotten over it as well.  why do you think i post like i don't care what others think of me?

like i said, i'm speaking from a different context.  i agree with your context, but yours is different.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11458505 -

Quote:
Yes, because it proves to me and some others the lack of one's ability to understand and think outside of context.



and

Quote:
like i said, i'm speaking from a different context.  i agree with your context, but yours is different.



It's like the thousand time I hear you replying with these lines, to different people. Maybe it's time to either work on changing them a bit just for the sake of variation, or maybe think about the fact that there's a possibility that you're the one who can't stay coherent and well articulated. :shrug:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11458525 -

just because you can't understand what i'm talking about doesn't mean i'm not coherent and well articulated. 

and mods, don't warn me because she used referred to me as "you" as well.

i have been warned for the past for this, or my posts have been deleted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11458530 -

Only that this time you were replying to FG and elementswrath, and I'm pretty sure I saw you saying stuff like this to other people too.
To the rest of your post: :rofl2:

:baby:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11458540 -

I was replying to FG, and now I am replying to you.  So what?

Sometimes I post like this, sometimes I don't.  Why should it matter. 

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell.

Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. Hang on or be humbled again.
Humbled again.

Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
Saturn ascends, comes round again.
Saturn ascends, from one or ten. Ignorant to the damage done.

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all that and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Wear your grudge like a crown. Desperate to control.
Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper.

Defining, confining, sinking deeper.
Controlling, Defining, and we're sinking deeper.

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will, will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

Saturn comes back around. Lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go.
Choose to let this go...

Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and
Transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and
Transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: deranger]
    #11458710 -

deranger said:
I originally had the intention to communicate differently.  Not in the sense of communication you are commonly used to.



The sense of communication in which "it isn't necessary to explain myself when I know what I mean?"

Quote:
Yes, because it proves to me and some others the lack of one's ability to understand and think outside of context.



Meaning exists within context. No one can understand "outside of context".
It really isn't much of an accomplishment to keep the context of a vague statement secretive to create the impression for oneself that the other person doesn't understand, or even to keep them from understanding.
Personally, I see a lot of likely possibilities of what you meant when you said "not really. different contexts".
The odds are that I understand exactly what you were saying with it.
The fact of the matter, however, is that I am an honest debater. I try to hold myself to the ideal that I am only discussing what is presented, that which has been placed on the table for discussion.

That is because this forum is specifically intended for ideological discussion.
When you dismiss my assertion that it was exactly as I said, only with "not really. different contexts", you haven't expressed an idea. Its as vague as can be. What is "different contexts"? Do you mean to say that two things are in different contexts"? Are you talking about your response regarding what you find amusing, as opposed to my statement that you seem to be a little preoccupied with how others think of you, as being in different contexts? Which contexts would these be? What context was my statement in that somehow excludes your affirmation regarding what you think concerning others?

I've never found it difficult to actually express context, as opposed to merely alluding to it and refusing to elaborate on it. :shrug:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ME FOR MOD? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #11458889 -

fireworks_god said:
Meaning exists within context. No one can understand "outside of context".



We each have our own contexts.  We each have our own experiences which leads to our own meanings of things.  We each apply different meanings to ourselves and existence. 

I can't fully understand Socrates context as I have not fully experienced what he has, therefore I cannot fully understand what he is saying (or his meaning).  The same goes for the Tao Te Ching and the original Zohar interpreted by David Goldstein.  If we have not experienced similar experiences these authors have, we cannot understand the context through which they speak.  Their meanings will be fully, partially, or completely misunderstood.  Until we have experienced, we can partially or slightly understand their context.  The author of the Tao Te Ching speaks in a way which sometimes baffles me.  Until I have partially experienced what the author of the book experienced, then I can partially understand his context. 

So we can understand outside of context, if we make changes in our experiences.

Pardon if my grammer or whatever is out of place as I never paid much attention in school at all.  So I don't want to get into a debate about which words should be used (as this has occurred in the past).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* An exercise in interpretation or intention.
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 3,485 42 02/11/04 04:06 PM
by trendal
* QUESTION ON COLOR BLIND + ART (mods dont delete, read top) spud 1,483 17 05/15/04 05:01 PM
by redgreenvines
* Intention vs. Desire Swami 1,508 11 06/16/03 01:36 PM
by Anonymous
* my hidden intent.
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 2,004 21 12/29/03 08:04 PM
by Frog
* Tripping & Intent
( 1 2 all )
Swami 4,192 32 04/26/03 08:00 AM
by Anonymous
* We need one mod for this forum.
( 1 2 all )
ThorA 4,049 38 09/16/02 08:04 AM
by Swami
* When will you all understand? There is no god!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
Fliquid 23,242 263 09/22/11 10:30 AM
by Cactilove
* Balanced mod views silversoul7 1,656 14 06/28/04 11:21 AM
by MAIA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,677 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.