Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please.
    #10883329 -

We all for some part imagine life as easier, and we usually strive to reach that, we put expectations upon ourselves that we plan to achieve, sometimes it seems though that we put too many expectations on ourselves and we end up failing and becoming overstressed with the entire situation, this seems to be the case with life currently and my relationship and the situation I'm in with my girlfriend (pretty much ex now).

I started dating this girl I really thought I cared about, and at the time everything seemed so right, then she lost her car, her job became overwhelming considering that someone totalled her car and the insurance company was fucking with her.  I decided to step in and try to help the best I could, I took the roll of the provider.  This turned out to be a mistake, as I've never even really taken care of myself, I've moved out once at the age of 18 and had to move back home at 19 (I'm 23 now, almost 24), and I'm still living at home.  The past 5-6 months I've been living with her though.  I paid rent, I've paid food bills, and it gets expensive because she has two kids.

Lately I've realized I have a serious problem with disappointing people and honesty.  I don't want to disappoint people so I am not completely honest about the events that occur because I don't want the people to be upset at me, this seems to backfire completely and just cause her to be more upset to the point that she kicked me out and we aren't living together.  I'm not lying about like where I've been, but more things like if I've started working on something or not, or just things that are little, but end up being big because I make it a lie.
I see where she's coming from when she says she can't live with that, so I am trying to work on changing that, but it's harder than just doing it because I can't find the strength in me to make this issue go away.  My self-esteem isn't very high and could use some serious readjusting, at the same time my moral value is too high for someone with such low self esteem, I seem to put myself in situations that cause more stress than good to me, like being the provider for two kids and a woman.  I don't make enough money but somehow I found myself offering to help her with a month's worth of rent to make sure she can find a job.  I don't know why I did this because we just broke up, maybe it's the fear of losing her and I want her back, maybe it's my morals about making her live on the street and fucking her and her kids lives up, I don't know, I feel like shit.  I need to figure out how to fix this.

I can't find the strength anymore in me to deal with these issues, and I think it'd be best for me to not get back with her or try to, but I don't know if I should blow her off with help with rent, as I told her I would help her because I was the one who convinced her not to get another job but to look into schooling.  I feel as though I have put the weight of the world on my own shoulders and now I'm stumbling.  I don't know how to take care of myself and her if I'm miserable like this, I don't even feel like going to work anymore (I hate the job and have been wanting to quit/get fired for a few weeks now).  It's a miserable feeling and I don't know how to approach it.

What should I do in such difficult situations?  How do I change my way of thinking to only care for myself and not burden myself with others burdens, but then how to I get rid of that feeling like it's my responsibility?  This situation is making life unbearable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Maverick]
    #10883354 -

Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds rough. I think the real thing is to believe that you can change. That seems to be the biggest problem with most people---they want instructions, but they still don't think anything will change, so it doesn't.


--------------------
Experimental Paradise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Corrie]
    #10883434 -

I agree with Corrie, you must believe that you can change. YOU are your biggest obstacle. If you don't believe in yourself who will??

As for the chick... That is a tough situation, and not one that has a clear, precise, cut and dry answer. Personally, I wouldn't try to renew the relationship. We all have issues in life, but if she was willing to end it over something so small without any effort to fix the problem, then she was waiting for an excuse for it to end.

If love exists for both people then there really isn't anything you can't work out. I have been with my husband for over 8 years. We fight CONSTANTLY. He does alot of shit that really fucking pisses me off, some of it he's been doing since day one and some has developed over the years. But no matter WHAT he does, there is no just kicking him out, or ending it.

There is a sit down, how can we fix this conversation.

I know I aggravate the shit out of him as well. I am not the brightest crayon in the box and I make alot of stupid mistakes all the time. My memory is shot, and I can't remember shit, even when it's something he has specifically asked me to do, something important. I don't ever remember.

But does he leave? Or kick me out? No, because that isn't how it works when you are with the person you SHOULD be with.

Instead of bending yourself outta shape over this, spend some time really thinking about whether or not this is THE relationship you are meant to be in.


--------------------
Green isn't just a color, it's a way of life!

Don't fear the OTD!

:pm: me if you need an answer and not 'Why don't you use the search function?'

  Feel Family Founder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: feelingfunny]
    #10884031 -

The little white lies are something that has been going on and she's confronted about me for months.  She's put up with me not changing for awhile.  I can't blame her for wanting to be alone and not with me.  It sucks.  I'm still not sure if I want to get back together with her but I believe it's my responsibility -even if we don't get back together, to make sure she doesn't lose her home.  I love her and her kids, whether we are not together or are.  It's a stupid situation I don't know how to overcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Maverick]
    #10884145 -

Just be honest with her, no matter how difficult it might be for you. You don't have to financially support her, but you have to be honest with her. After all, you're the one who told her not to look for a job, and, even though she's a grown woman who can make her own decisions, she believed she could count on your help because this is what you told her. Maybe you put yourself into such a situation to leave you no way out of coming clean.
Also, there's no such thing as "white lies". A lie is still a lie, regardless of your fears and lack of self confidence.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Maverick]
    #10887698 -

Relationships are hard but failing at them shows us what we need to change in ourselves.  You already figured out this much.

I've made one mistake in my life that you are making now.  That is attempting to "save" women.  The women you want to be with are the ones who don't need to be saved.  High quality women with their lives in order.  Wouldn't you feel better about a relationship if you knew the woman was only with you because she wanted to be with you, rather than because she was getting something out of it?  This could be causing the rift you feel between who you morally feel you are and the situation you are putting yourself in.  In a way it is good that you feel this because it will lead you to make the necessary changes to become the better person who you see yourself as.

Relationship or not I don't feel you should be supporting this woman in any way unless she were a long time friend.  Some women play the helpless victim card to get support from men.  It's an easy trap to fall into when you are wired to be the savior.  If you aren't with this woman romantically then walk away.  Don't let your negative thoughts convince you that this is the only woman you have the potential of getting right now.  The sooner you walk away, the sooner you can find something better.


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10887981 -

Did you ever take time to read that dude's post? It's really confusing to me how you simply decided that she's the one that has some major fault, such as not keeping her life in order and because of that she's not a "quality woman", and that she might be even playing the victim card trying to take advantage of him. Boy, do you like to twist stories or what? :lol:

The OP made it quite understandable that he promised her a help, and that he convinced her not to look for a new job and instead to start focusing on getting back to school. While I agree that she decided to trust him and that making this decision was a gamble because she had two kids she was responsible for and had to support, you can't come up with excuses for his lying behavior like that. The reason why he lied, as the OP has already stated, was because he has some self confidence issues and, for some reason, he thinks he has to make big promises he can't keep.
It's not nice to deform a story like this, just so it can fit your limited view on the world. :nono:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10888167 -

you pay for her rent and all her expenses even though you guys broke up.. you shouldn't even be paying for this stuff in the first place if you're not married.  paying for her shit just makes you look like a chump.  im sure she appreciates all the money you give her in exchange for what little attention she gives you.  you may think youre getting her back by buying her love, but in reality she is losing all the respect she has for you as a man.  cut all ties with her and move on with your life instead of being a free ride for someone to hop off whenever they please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: jkhan720]
    #10888214 -

I'm beginning to think that some people don't read the actual OP, but rather they project their own imagination and them make a fool of themselves what they post. That or they can't understand the meaning of a few words put together. :shrug:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10889089 -

MushroomTrip said:
Did you ever take time to read that dude's post? It's really confusing to me how you simply decided that she's the one that has some major fault, such as not keeping her life in order and because of that she's not a "quality woman", and that she might be even playing the victim card trying to take advantage of him. Boy, do you like to twist stories or what?



The woman gets a strike against her for accepting financial help from a man who she is not involved with romantically. 

I think it is actually your view of the situation that is skewed.  Yes, the OP posted about everything he is seeing wrong in himself and nothing wrong with this woman.  As a man, I have been there.  It is very common for men after a failed relationship to get themselves down and over analyze everything about their personality and behavior.  I did ignore most of that in his post because instead of looking at it on the surface I understand the deeper level of where these thoughts and feelings are coming from.  I then advised him on how to progress from where he is and how he is feeling, to somewhere more healthy.  It is painfully obvious to see that this woman is not someone who is going to help him grow anymore, and his best course of action is to move on.

The OP posted a story and you replied to a story.  I read his story and I replied to what is making him feel that way.  Rather than taking everything he said at face value I know that reality is subjective.  He is obviously going through some tough times and his current mental state is likely to skew things to where he places all blame on himself.  This is a very common thread in men after a failed relationship.

Further, don't twist my reply into something that it isn't.  I am not in any way a woman hater.  As I said, he should find a quality woman.  I have known many in my life.  If you want to know a woman's quality all you have to do is look at the decisions she has made in the past and what level of control she has over the course her life is currently taking.  The same goes for men..


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10889392 -

Quote:
The woman gets a strike against her for accepting financial help from a man who she is not involved with romantically.



Then maybe you have a very skewed understanding of what offering help is. You're making it sound that there's some universally accepted rule that two persons of the opposite sex shouldn't help each other if they're not in a relationship, and since your whole argument builds itself on this false presumption, the entire judgment is flawed.
Maybe you should have read the whole post, because in this way you could have found out that they were in a long-term and rather serious relationship (considering they were living together and all), so there's no point in you saying they weren't in a relationship. Just because some words pointing to an ending have been said, it doesn't mean that the whole relation had suddenly became nonexistent.
Also, from reading the whole post, you would have learned that he was the one that suggested her to look into going back to school while he will financially support her and her kids. Should all the plans made by people in a relationship be null at the prospect of a sudden breakup?

Why is it that she shouldn't have accepted his help, if they weren't in a relation anymore? Just because it sounds right to you? :lol:

Quote:
I think it is actually your view of the situation that is skewed.



Care to demonstrate how my view is skewed? I'm taking all the time to explain what from your views I find wrong, so I'd ask you to do the same.

Quote:
Yes, the OP posted about everything he is seeing wrong in himself and nothing wrong with this woman.  As a man, I have been there.  It is very common for men after a failed relationship to get themselves down and over analyze everything about their personality and behavior.



You just happen to know that there's more to how things are than it has been said, do you? :strokebeard:

Please don't try to give me all this "man being in a situation" and "man thinking like this" bullshit, because it's not working.
More estrogen or more testosterone isn't producing any real differences in men and women's psychology, and the little that is there is so unimportant that it is negligible. Of course, you're free to prove me wrong.

Quote:
I did ignore most of that in his post because instead of looking at it on the surface I understand the deeper level of where these thoughts and feelings are coming from.



How can you see "the deeper level" when you don't even bother to read all the facts?
Just because you arbitrarily hand-picked some facts, while completely ruling others out as irrelevant, it doesn't mean that you have a deeper understanding of the nature of Op's situation.

Quote:
I then advised him on how to progress from where he is and how he is feeling, to somewhere more healthy.  It is painfully obvious to see that this woman is not someone who is going to help him grow anymore, and his best course of action is to move on.



Why should this woman make him grow anyways? What is she, his teacher or spiritual leader or something?
Not to mention that all the growing there is isn't done by someone for someone else. Maybe you wanted to say that HE might not be able to grow anymore, though I think you're just putting words in his mouth since he never mentioned anything like this. Again, I think you're projecting this so-called "painfully obvious".

The truth is, IMO, he has lots of chances to grow as a result of his relation with this woman, since he is already becoming more aware that he has a problem with promising things he can't so, and that he needs to grow out of this.

Quote:
Further, don't twist my reply into something that it isn't.  I am not in any way a woman hater.



I never said you were a woman hater. :wink:

Quote:
As I said, he should find a quality woman.  I have known many in my life.  If you want to know a woman's quality all you have to do is look at the decisions she has made in the past and what level of control she has over the course her life is currently taking.



What a bunch of crap.
Since when do one's actions speak of one's personal nature? Maybe you need to be reminded that ALL of us are humans and that we're all prone to making good and bad decisions, and that these decisions don't reflect the essence of who we are. It is extremely unhealthy and illogical to assume that a bad deed is making you a bad person, in the same way it is a mistake to think that if you do something good it means you as a person are good. This kind of thinking will make it impossible to accept yourself, others, and reality itself, because instead of simply taking mere actions and circumstances for what they are, you will always hold on to your prefabricated ideas of how things should be.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Maverick]
    #10889463 -

If you have low self esteem, you need to focus on helping yourself. If a person won't help themselves, how can they help others?

With money? Not really. I mean, it may provide some temporary support, but it could also prevent someone from finding more permanent solutions to their own problems. It may make you feel like you are being helpful and contributing, but it also supports your low self esteem. "I don't really have anything to offer you, so here, have some money, it's all I have to give". Look at your motivations. Money is a type of power and you are giving it away... and it's not really helping you is it? Instead of giving the girl money, give your parents some money. If they won't take it, save some money up and do something nice for them.

There can be lots of good suggestions on how to "change your life", but the big problem, is your esteem. People with low self esteem generally think that they must do "more", be "better", reach success, or some other merit in order to feel that they now deserve to feel good about themselves. This is the big lie, and it is what is causing all the little lies you mention.

Lower your expectations. Don't try to accomplish things you don't really want. Focus on the things you do want, even if they seem small and insignificant. Maybe look for a new GF that doesn't have such financial needs, you know, someone that is more appropriate for you at this point in time, and don't judge yourself for it. It's JUST money you see? The only way you will increase your self esteem is by relaxing the standards which you judge yourself by.

Anytime you find yourself saying "I need to... xxx (in order to feel worthy)" drop it like a rock. People with low self esteem are needy people. Be honest about it. It's not about recognizing that you're a "needy person", it's about recognizing that all the neediness is extra (not who you are), and can be safely discarded. Stand in the place where you are, and don't need to be somewhere else. Be who you are and don't need to be someone else. Love yourself, and any further expressions towards others will just be more self love.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10891582 -

MushroomTrip said:
Blah Blah Blah..



Moving on...

OP:  You said the relationship is over.  If it is indeed over, sever all ties with this woman.  Why would you offer her money when you admittedly have trouble supporting yourself?  Don't feel sorry for her or her kids.  Let her worry about taking care of her own sex trophies.

The way you are feeling right now is perfectly normal.  The part of the brain that deals with "gains and losses" becomes highly active after a break-up.  We replay our mistakes over and over and wish we would have done things differently.  While in this frame of mind our thoughts are not clear.  A person in this state is likely to blame and criticize themselves for the failure of the relationship.  In truth a relationship never fails because of one person.  It is the incompatibility of the two which causes a relationship to fail.  You say that you lie and this upsets you, does she make you lie?  Is she so critical of you that you feel like you have to be perfect?  This is just one small example of how dating the wrong person can make us worse.  You need to find someone whose temperament and personality compliment your own.

Seriously look at why you are still talking to this woman and what you really want out of it.  When my last relationship ended I wanted to be "friends" with my ex, and I even blamed myself for everything.  I'm thankful I had the inner strength and moment of clarity to stop myself from returning her call.  At the time I wished that 100 things had happened differently.  Now I see a relationship with her was doomed from the start because we're too different.

Maverick, you can PM me if you need to talk about this shit.  As a man I'm telling you, just walk away bro.  You said yourself that you don't know why you are still talking to her and supporting her.  It probably is because on some level you want her back.  I can tell you this, think about how you feel now and how you have felt recently in the relationship with her.  If you stay in contact with her I can promise you that you will continue to feel exactly how you do now and shit is not going to get better.

She kicked you out and you feel like you owe her something?  I don't give a fuck what you promised her.  It's a hard thing to accept, but if she is that unforgiving then she obviously doesn't give a fuck about you.  You need to adopt the same mentality towards her and move on.


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Edited by PowerTrip (08/19/09 06:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10891929 -

Wow, you're quite the disturbed individual, aren't you? :lol:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10897674 -

PowerTrip said:
Don't feel sorry for her or her kids.



Empathy and compassion are horrible, horrible things, right? :lol:

Quote:
  Let her worry about taking care of her own sex trophies.



Probably some of the best evidence that your view on the matter is resulting from some kind of unhealthy complex regarding relationships and perhaps women in general... Ever stop to consider that they are actually small, living human beings? You don't even know the circumstance in which she had these children, and yet you're referring to them as "sex trophies". You know, having feelings for others isn't a bad thing.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10897785 -

Quote:
Empathy and compassion are horrible, horrible things, right? :lol:



Who needs that crap when one has so much flair for guessing who's a quality woman and who isn't? :what:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10898402 -

Well if the OP is still reading this it feels like there are two camps.

PowerTrip is laying down the cold-hard truth, with little regard for empathy and taking into account a worst case scenario for the OP's mental state and future.
Frankly, I lol'ed at the "kids as sex trophy's."

On the other hand MushroomTrip, you seem like a really kind person, but it feels like you are waging a war over the cynicism and bleak worldview Power throws forward. Maybe too much positivity?
I agree with a lot of your points, but sometimes mistakes and history do repeat themselves in the future. Many people never change, and many never learn. Not everyone is so enlightened. Some people suck.

A lot of points are always irrelevant because we don't really know their relationship.
Maybe he really is not getting on with life and fucked this up?
Maybe this girl really is a bloodsucking harlet, and everything PowerTrip said is doubly true, I doubt that is completely true.
Who knows?
Maverick, the most practical advice, whether you are still debating this, is to let her live there for a month or two at the most. If you cared for her, then her and her "sex trophys" surely mean a good bit to you, and they certainly are human beings who deserve care and compassion.

However, if nothing is working out between you two during this grace period for her, where you are not literally putting her on the street, it might be time to listen to some of PowerTrips advice and start to cut the cord.
If you aren't making enough, not happy enough, and not secure enough in yourself, then this girl may surely be a bit too much.
If it's actually over, help, within reason, and then get away before it destroys you emotionally and otherwise.
Once you do what you can, it's not wrong in any way to part ways and let her deal with her life. We don't know her, but even if she is a good person, she has to deal with her life and provide for her children in a way that amounts to much more than having you pay the bills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: Velvet Waltz]
    #10901923 -

Velvet Waltz said:
Well if the OP is still reading this it feels like there are two camps.




Those two camps being the testosterone camp and the estrogen camp..

Velvet Waltz said:
PowerTrip is laying down the cold-hard truth, with little regard for empathy and taking into account a worst case scenario for the OP's mental state and future.
Frankly, I lol'ed at the "kids as sex trophy's."




I'm doing my best to talk sense into a man who is down and out over his relationship.  Any guy who had a group of friends to go to the bar with to talk about this shit would hear the same sentiment from all of his friends who had any real amount of dating experience.  A firm understanding only comes about through continuous experience.  The more you date the more you begin to see the set pattern most relationships follow.  That's why it is so easy for me to step in and see a guy with his head spinning over trying to sort out something that cannot be sorted.  That is the final answer.  The most difficult thing to learn for most people is when it is time to walk away.  Why do you think so many stay married and miserable?  They choose to stick to that familiar place and make a futile attempt to go back in time.  Rewind the relationship clock to when the dopamine was surging and you were both oh so infatuated with each other.  Where did that emotion go?  How did it change?  We were so perfect..  I just want that back..

The way every relationship unfolds is beautiful.  The initial feeling, the butterflies, the euphoria during those first weeks.  The comfort being near that person... Unfortunately this all fades and at this point you find out how compatible you really are with the other person.

When you finally find one where the first part persists indefinitely, well then you're set.  Until then, the trick is to not get attached to that temporary fleeting euphoria you felt in the beginning.  Appreciate that time you had with that person, but accept that it is over and your journey is just beginning.

Relationships are beautiful because they are so fragile.  They are something to cherish because they are doomed.  Every one will end eventually, through the death of one partner if nothing else.  What is the proper way to cherish something so impermanent?  Embrace it in the moment but hold it ever so lightly.  When it is time to let it go, don't mourn it.  Let it pass gracefully and allow yourself to have that experience again with someone else.

Did you take me for a romantic..


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10902941 -

PowerTrip said:
Those two camps being the testosterone camp and the estrogen camp..



I'm a tall, muscular, large-cocked guy with a normal level of testosterone, and I don't agree at all with what you're saying, so obviously its actually a matter of philosophy, psychology, and personal experience, and not of chemicals that are inconsequential to outlook and mentality.

Quote:
The more you date the more you begin to see the set pattern most relationships follow.



In other words, the more often one fails to have lasting relationships, the more one recognizes the set pattern of failed relationships. This goes hand-in-hand with identifying more strongly with others who similarly have failed relationships due to the same approach and mentality that oneself has.

Quote:
Why do you think so many stay married and miserable?  They choose to stick to that familiar place and make a futile attempt to go back in time.



In other words, they stay in the relationship with a mentality that isn't conducive to the progress of the relationship, so its no small wonder that they are incapable of doing the personal growth and the interpersonal interaction and growth necessary for a relationship to continue to be open to the loving experience of being together.

Quote:
When you finally find one where the first part persists indefinitely, well then you're set.



:rofl2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relationships, learning the hard way as I go. Help please. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10903663 -

In all of my days on the internets I've never had to put someone on ignore.  Trying to talk sense into you two gives me a migraine.  You just want to argue for the sake of arguing.  This isnt the philosophy forum.

OP: You want to know how rational the advice is you're getting from someone, click on their profile and see how many people are ignoring them.  It's for a reason.


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Edited by PowerTrip (08/21/09 10:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Learning to use weed as a medicine --edit: eh, the hell with it
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,141 28 06/03/05 10:03 AM
by MOTH
* How do you fix a broken relationship? MuffinBear 2,919 11 10/26/03 07:43 PM
by Anonymous
* Rant: relationships Anonymous 1,388 6 11/03/04 07:54 PM
by Anonymous
* My epiphany re: relationships... MrBump 1,530 3 12/27/03 01:39 AM
by sykobish
* broken up (me & the relationship) OLIO 1,447 12 07/15/04 06:41 AM
by UncleMike
* Ending a Spiritual Relationship... TimeTraveler 1,359 7 04/07/04 02:46 PM
by CleverName
* Problem...Relationship Problems.... UnenlightenedOne 1,016 6 08/19/04 12:42 PM
by PuZuZu
* Polyamory/ open Relationships? Any experience? Opinions?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Phishgrrl 9,529 90 02/15/10 06:25 PM
by MagicHombre

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,162 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 19 queries.