Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Ethical question:
    #10184889 -

Ethics is a branch of axiology which is a branch of philosophy.  Hence, the ethical question:

What is a reasonable length of time to hold onto a grudge if one wishes to maintain a healthy state of mind?

1)  A day.
2)  A week.
3)  A month.
4)  A year.
5)  Never.  You hold your prisoner hostage until you draw your last breath.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185092 -

I think that depends greatly on the circumstance...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185094 -

Holding a grudge serves no purpose other then to bolster self-importance.

We all do it from time to time.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: CherryBom]
    #10185102 -

CherryBom said:
I think that depends greatly on the circumstance...




--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185105 -

6) "Wear the grudge like a crown... of negativity." :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Middleman]
    #10185166 -

It really depends what the grudge is about. Although I find that I really can't hold a grudge for more than a day, unless its over something huge.


--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Icelander]
    #10185173 -

Holding a grudge serves no purpose but to increase your own mental negativity.

Forgive but do not forget.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185250 -

What if the event that the grudge was all about was totally self-fabricated and had no basis in reality? (Ask Ice to translate for anyone that has me On Ignore).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185323 -

None of the above. The time should be zero.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10185364 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
What if the event that the grudge was all about was totally self-fabricated and had no basis in reality? (Ask Ice to translate for anyone that has me On Ignore).




Who me?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185427 -

I don't know what would be ethical and I can't see how something like this could have something to do with ethics, but I wouldn't hold on to a grudge for even a second, because it's not good for me and my emotional state, and my aim is to be happy and peaceful. :smile:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Icelander]
    #10185438 -

:rofl2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10185461 -

I agree with you and deCypher.  This comes from my own experience.

As CherryBom said, it is dependent on the circumstances.  But, that is only seeking justification to hang onto that which poisons you.

How exactly we "let it go" is something of a mystery to me.

I don't dwell in the pangs of lost love.  Then "our song" comes out of the radio and I "feel" _________.

What does that mean?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10185686 -

Mr. Mushrooms said:
Ethics is a branch of axiology which is a branch of philosophy.  Hence, the ethical question:

What is a reasonable length of time to hold onto a grudge if one wishes to maintain a healthy state of mind?

1)  A day.
2)  A week.
3)  A month.
4)  A year.
5)  Never.  You hold your prisoner hostage until you draw your last breath.



I thought this would be a question of morality. :shrug:

This depends on circumstance, you should ask "in situation X, how long is a reasonable time to hold a grudge." Because, calling someone a dumbass and killing their parents are quite different situations (I would hold a grudge against the person who killed my parents longer than against the person who called me a name)

Also, grudges don't really get you anywhere.

Also, what was the point of that first sentence about "which is a branch of..."


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: learningtofly]
    #10185768 -

I think you should hold on to your grudge as long as possible; but when it just isn't there anymore you've got to move on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Dyingjezuz]
    #10186214 -

I prefer to nurse my grudges until they're like a boil ready to pop.

That way everything gets all icky and messy.  Just the way I like it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10186767 -

Can you hold a grudge on your dog when he does something wrong ?


--------------------



---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: jivJaN]
    #10187237 -

No, I'd just shoot it in the head and be done with it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #10188559 -

Grudges are antithetical to the maintenance of a healthy mind.  Swift, exacting and decisive revenge is the most conducive to a healthy mental state.


--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ethical question: [Re: Trepiodos]
    #10188748 -

Revenge has always worked out for me. I don't see why so many people say to never seek it.

As long as you don't complain or try to run away from the consequences when they catch up to you...

Holding a grudge, and building up hate/negative energy in the time before enacting revenge, can lead to a more satisfying release when you finally trip the hammer of your personal "justice". ~(I say this from personal experience)~

It's definitely an unstable weapon/state of mind; like playing with fire, but if your fine with gambling, the odds of being burned don't seem that bad.




But if your not going to act on the grudge, then it serves no real value...


--------------------
Last night I was honored with the Nobel Prize in theoretical physics. This worldwide recognition has given me the opportunity to bring hope to a war-ravaged world. I vowed to myself I would work like a dog at this. But now, it's 10:30 in the morning and I'm just getting out of bed. I did get up earlier around 8:00am, but I just lied in bed for a while, and then...jerked off. I've got to stop masturbating, it makes me too lazy. Stop it Albert...stop it.

  ~Albert Einstein.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is your basis for ethics?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,313 27 12/29/03 04:26 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Question for moral objectivists
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 4,166 31 06/14/03 10:42 AM
by NewToTrippin
* "The Grudge"- meaning and interpretation
( 1 2 3 all )
KeepAskingTime 5,051 41 10/30/01 06:13 AM
by SteppinRazer
* are "ethics" worth talking about?
( 1 2 all )
Malachi 5,560 39 08/22/03 01:08 PM
by Rhizoid
* The ethics of Christian warfare..... upupup 961 7 03/15/03 04:51 AM
by upupup
* A question about God...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JohnnyRespect 6,778 76 05/13/03 11:20 AM
by 3MJ3
* Questions & Answers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Lord_of_Fungus 11,287 78 03/19/04 06:26 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Illogical & Unanswerable Questions
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Swami 9,675 101 02/07/04 04:13 PM
by fireworks_god

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,341 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.