Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10077256 -

I mean #12 if thats the way your inner dialogue works then I guess you are just being yourself.

But everyone thinks differently. I would never tell myself to "put on a character and pick its qualities".

I just try my best to get in touch with my own desires and my own passions, and express them when I feel the need. And I feel the genuine urge to be with people and like them, so I try to be positive and good friend.

I've tried doing affirmations before and mine are usually along the lines of:

"I will focus on relaxing my body and clearing my mind."

"I will not judge what occurs, but receive it with an open mind and learn what I can."

"I am happy and like to spread my happiness to others."

"I will realize and accept my desires, but I will not become attached to them."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #10077549 -

#12

you and I are alot alike.

even though our personality examinations differ.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #10077716 -

#2, #3, I'm glad I have some kindred spirits, hah.  :smile:  As for the haters, I realize the "life as a game to be understood and played" is an unpopular thought process. Kind of takes the inherently defined bounds of real and unreal out of the picture and doing so openly makes a lot of people uncomfortable. 

Anyway, I was just putting out some information that's worked for me.  Find what works for you and good luck man.  I'm sure if you want it you'll figure out a way that works for you and work it out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10077772 -

Ive got nothing against your logic, it just seems so logical it could become sociopathic and with false empathy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #10077808 -

#12 you said you were an INTJ right?

I can definitely see the "TJ" in your personality.

I'm ENFP and its easy for me to see how you structure the world far differently than I do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #10077922 -

#8 - Hannibal Lectur is considered an (fictional) INTJ, so its funny you should mention him.  I understand your concern and its something Ive actually considered.  There's an obvious disassociation in the way I've construed my definition of a personality.  Something I attribute to my interest in Buddhism where instructors who deeply cared for their students would scream at them or act like they were failing when they were so close to enlightenment, simply so the student would push themselves harder and get over that ascension point.  They were "acting", but in the knowledge that it would help their students.  I "act" in a way that I feel will help the world.  But, I act to the very core.  I don't think "this guy is a douchebag... hope he dies!" and then smile in his face and pat him on the back.  I think "This guy is being awfully rude to me.  I hope my being nice to him despite that makes him a little happier." and then smile in his face and pat him on the back.  Know what I mean?  I keep my thoughts positive.

I care deeply about my fellow man and I want to see the best things in this world.  I value and respect everyone's right to live and love and all that good stuff.  I used to think I couldn't relate with people, but after talking to more of them and being more transparent I've realized I'm one of them and no matter how different we're are, we're all the same.  I believe in an I that is deeper than the ego, and egos (personalities, characters) are roles that the deeper I plays to learn and entertain itself.  I greet hate with love, contempt with compassion, and envy with humility.  Although I systemize my world and thereby disassociate from it, it is still a world that I am a part of and can certainly imagine a positive future for if we're just nice and brave and generally positive.  Plus, the disassociation from it helps naturalize my being positive in the face of negativity.

Alright, I'm gonna quit jacking this thread up.  Carry on carry on, hah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10077953 -

I think the world would greatly benefit if we all adopted impersonalist belief systems.
I believe very strongly in a collective subconsciouseness that binds together all of humanity. I percieve you to just have a clearer view of that collective true will and therefore a more coherent view of how society is systemized.

Nothing wrong with that. I also try to remain friendly when confronted with hostility, to disarm the situation.

We arent all that different but your clarity will startle people if you dont use the reducing valve.

You seem to have an almost OCD/autistic/perfectionist list of things that strikes me as arrogantly humble.
What brought on these realizations? Trial and error?

How do you remember to do all of these things? Did you just kinda pick them up naturally over time and now they come naturally?

I already do some of those things as I feel they are right and aligned with the true will for the greater good...do you do meditations and just kinda zone out while you do all of this or is it very consciouse?

Edited by Anonymous (03/31/09 12:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10078065 -

Anonymous #12 said:
#8 - Hannibal Lectur is considered an (fictional) INTJ, so its funny you should mention him.  I understand your concern and its something Ive actually considered.  There's an obvious disassociation in the way I've construed my definition of a personality.  Something I attribute to my interest in Buddhism where instructors who deeply cared for their students would scream at them or act like they were failing when they were so close to enlightenment, simply so the student would push themselves harder and get over that ascension point.  They were "acting", but in the knowledge that it would help their students.  I "act" in a way that I feel will help the world.  But, I act to the very core.  I don't think "this guy is a douchebag... hope he dies!" and then smile in his face and pat him on the back.  I think "This guy is being awfully rude to me.  I hope my being nice to him despite that makes him a little happier." and then smile in his face and pat him on the back.  Know what I mean?  I keep my thoughts positive.

I care deeply about my fellow man and I want to see the best things in this world.  I value and respect everyone's right to live and love and all that good stuff.  I used to think I couldn't relate with people, but after talking to more of them and being more transparent I've realized I'm one of them and no matter how different we're are, we're all the same.  I believe in an I that is deeper than the ego, and egos (personalities, characters) are roles that the deeper I plays to learn and entertain itself.  I greet hate with love, contempt with compassion, and envy with humility.  Although I systemize my world and thereby disassociate from it, it is still a world that I am a part of and can certainly imagine a positive future for if we're just nice and brave and generally positive.  Plus, the disassociation from it helps naturalize my being positive in the face of negativity.

Alright, I'm gonna quit jacking this thread up.  Carry on carry on, hah.



once again, smart guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #10078537 -

Anonymous #12=cut and paste from where?

You may think you are happy, but you still err in your ways.
You are full of folly.


One day you will look back at 'your' words and actions and be ashamed and embarrassed. Humility. Only then will you have truly made yourself a better person.

You are living in imitation, live your own life. Not someone else's image.

The latter half goes for OP especially.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #10078777 -

#8 Some people believe you're a fake if you work on your personality.  That is the only aspect I think would really startle people and make them uncomfortable with me.  I feel reciting affirmations to make sure my personality is in alignment with my beliefs is no more fake than eating healthy and exercising regularly to make sure my body is at its best.

At first everything is very conscious and takes some willpower.  Eventually it just happens.  Standing up straight is something I used to constantly remind myself to do.  Now I just do.

I read them daily and imagine them or situations in which I apply them.  Learning through mental rehearsal is one of my favorite tools.

I wouldn't call them meditations, but eventually with persistence they happen naturally.  I do meditation sporadically.  Not so much the sit and be anymore as much as the do and be.

What do you mean by reducing valve?




#13 - The ideas behind my affirmations come from books on personality, psychology, self-help and buddhism.  The ideas had to be worded by me to fit an affirmations format.  I didn't find them in a book of affirmations, if that's what you're suggesting.  Some of those affirmations are very unique and I'm confident you'd be hard pressed to find anything similar to them in any book or on any website.  Some of them I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something at least very similar.

The idea of not living someone else's 'image' is actually very insightful.  At first I thought your post was just negativity, the equivalent of an insult mixed with a curse.  (Yo shit's unoriginal, your seed will bear no fruit, and you will have much unhappiness etc.)

On reading the second half a few times I see in hindsight I could have done much better in my original post.  For someone else to take my affirmations and use them verbatim would be not be in their best interest.  Although a few of the affirmations I believe would do well to exist in all personalities, many of them wouldn't.  I believe if someone is going to make a list of affirmations or positive thoughts they continually reinforce, they should do so with as vast of a knowledge base as they can find and continually improve on them.  That way they could pick and choose the ones that THEY like and live more in accordance with THEIR values.

In retrospect, posting the schematics behind the method so that it could be applied by the individual in a very individual way, versus the majority of my personal method, would likely have more benefit to others.  That way, if they felt such a system would work for them, they could define their own version just based on the system itself and use it to better know themselves rather than attempt to live a personality someone else imagined and openly laid out the groundwork for.  With that kind of schematic laid out others might also work on it and improve it in more and more ways, define successful universal affirmations, etc.  The schematics of such a system leave so many more doors open for the individual than the system itself.  You've legitimately inspired me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10078791 -

So what's your model #12? Atrract, Comfort, Seduce?

I don't mine being myself, but I keep bringing up the point I do mind being myself when I have problems being physical with the ladies. I really need some help in this area...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10078959 -

1. Introduce myself
2. Sex


What can I say man, no game, just fuckin' girls.  lol, I'm kidding.  No model, just be confident and make a lot of friends.  I read books and was picky about the shit I decided would work for me.  I watched other dudes mack and was picky about the shit I decided would work for me.  In the end you don't need a model if you know you're pretty cool and can get chicks.  Question is what do you have to do in order to convince yourself of this?  Once you believe it you start proving it to yourself.  Once you've proved it to yourself its not just a belief, its true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10078962 -

Anonymous #12 said:
#2, #3, I'm glad I have some kindred spirits, hah.  :smile:  As for the haters, I realize the "life as a game to be understood and played" is an unpopular thought process. Kind of takes the inherently defined bounds of real and unreal out of the picture and doing so openly makes a lot of people uncomfortable. 

Anyway, I was just putting out some information that's worked for me.  Find what works for you and good luck man.  I'm sure if you want it you'll figure out a way that works for you and work it out.



you sound a lot more neurotic than me though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #10079248 -

Anonymous #12 said:
1. Introduce myself
2. Sex


What can I say man, no game, just fuckin' girls.  lol, I'm kidding.  No model, just be confident and make a lot of friends.  I read books and was picky about the shit I decided would work for me.  I watched other dudes mack and was picky about the shit I decided would work for me.  In the end you don't need a model if you know you're pretty cool and can get chicks.  Question is what do you have to do in order to convince yourself of this?  Once you believe it you start proving it to yourself.  Once you've proved it to yourself its not just a belief, its true.



You just went from sounding like Hannible Lecter and having everything down to a system to giving me complete fluff... what the hell mang.

Shoot even I have a system that I can fully explain to you, that has been working for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10080457 -

sometimes i like to choke myself with a belt while I jack off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #10085295 -

:thumbup:---->Anonymous #12

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #10085601 -

Anonymous #13 said:
:thumbup:---->Anonymous #12



:thumbup::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introversion vs Extroversion [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #10086389 -

Introverted (I) 70.37% Extroverted (E) 29.63%
Sensing (S) 51.43% Intuitive (N) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 54.55% Judging (J) 45.45%


ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.


I'm not sure that mine was that accurate but hey, maybe it was.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,392 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,118 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,692 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,013 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,636 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous
* Alcoholic being a fucking alcoholic. Whats new?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,772 34 05/26/21 09:10 AM
by Anonymous
* Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Anonymous 11,355 232 05/24/21 02:24 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,903 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.