Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #4

Re: Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #27292329 - 05/04/21 12:47 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

also, what type of college degree do you posses?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #3

#27292395 - 05/04/21 01:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
okay i see. now can you tell us how youve reached this conclusion? which studies are you referencing that led you to believe this to be true?

I dunno this is just odd to me that youre replying like this.

Governments around the world pay people to kill wildlife. Especially pigs.

https://www.si.com/sports-illustrated/2020/01/30/feral-pigs-problem-texas-helicopters

Heres just a link from earlier this year. Dunno what you need to prove something like this.
Does the government paying people to do it count as enough proof? Lol.

I've known about this for a while but I worked in a remote area in an at-risk community with lots of violence and shit. Anyways.... there was a dude there I got to know who was paid by the government there to fly around in a helicopter and kill pigs. That was his full time job.

He was a terrible shot too lol. They dont learn how to use guns there so him having guns was unique. We had some shooting contests and I'll tell ya.... I have no idea how he manages to hit a pig from a helicopter.

Why the college question?

Anonymous #4

Re: Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #27292629 - 05/04/21 03:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

did you read that SI article, or no?

humans are soley responsible for the increasing feral hog population in north america.

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
I think its an interesting thought experiment for a vegan to realize that pigs need to be killed in order for the human race to thrive.

nowhere in that article does it say pigs threaten the human race. they are pests. at best, expesive pests. expensive because they can disrupt commercial agriculture.

Quote:

Stuff doesnt regrow easily after they forage it. They go around in massive packs and clear-out huge swaths of land.

this is just simply not true. show me the evidence? they can cause financial loss to commercial farms. they dont clear out huge swaths of land.

point to a time in modern history where the food-supply chain was disrupted by massive packs of wild pigs.

again, this pig population explosion occurs in north america & australia mostly and was the result of europeans importing pigs to these continents. the pigs themselves were never a threat to anyone until humans disrupted the natural balance of nature.

Quote:

If left to themselves they'd just keep increasing in numbers. They are pretty much held back through culling.

wrong. if left to themselves this whole situation would never have manifested.

humans created the problem.

please provide links to confirm other countries governments have feral pig eradication programs.

as far as your inside source from the funny farm, it doesnt sound credible.

Edited by Anonymous (05/04/21 03:54 AM)

Anonymous #4

#27292681 - 05/04/21 03:57 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
okay i see. now can you tell us how youve reached this conclusion? which studies are you referencing that led you to believe this to be true?

I dunno this is just odd to me that youre replying like this.

odd, why? because i seek the facts?

Anonymous #3

#27292712 - 05/04/21 04:08 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

You dont believe my story? Interesting.

I didnt read that article I just googled it and linked a website to you.

It does happen.

And youre saying pigs are an invasive species brought their by europeans but also saying they dont cause any problems that arent to commercial farms?

You clearly just dont know anything about pigs bro.

You are wanting your belief system to be correct and trying to find out why its correct. That is not how a scientist thinks. Dont you agree?

The food chain will never be interrupted by a bunch of pigs because we kill them.

We are the alpha. And if they cause a hint of a problem they are killed. Either by a farmer, a hunter, or the government. Depending on how far they get.

And how about the deer in south texas? The government specifically sets up hunting seasons based off the population of deer. Did you know theres a MASSIVE car repair place down there somewhere that primarily fixes deer accident vehicles?

I think you not believing my personal stories is a problem for this conversation. There is definitely a dude who has a whole little enterprise setup shooting pigs from a helicopter. I talked with the guy. Shot cans with him. Youd have to believe I'm full of shit to disagree with me lol.

Theres also a species of frog in aus that needs to be killed. Tons and tons and tons of examples. A lot of them are invasive species. A few of them are non man related invasive but admittedly most are man related.

But whether its man caused problems or not.... its still a problem we have to deal with now. Pigs and deer and shit need to be killed.

Anonymous #12

#27292724 - 05/04/21 04:13 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just so you know sasquatch has been documented by the FBI as sighted in Ohio. Do your own research.

Anonymous #22

#27292726 - 05/04/21 04:14 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

For the love of god people there's a fucking edit button if you need to add shit to your post. No one wants to scroll through your name 4 fucking times in a row to get to the next person's post.  :astonishedmustache:

Anonymous #3

#27292733 - 05/04/21 04:16 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

And yeah pigs are a pest. They cause tons and tons of damage. They do impact the commercial farming industry and that is how we feed ourselves.

But ask yourself this: What would happen if we werent killing them at all? Dont you see how the problems would get worse?

We kill a fuuuuuuckload of pigs bro. Id love to see the number on how many pigs humans kill a year and leave to rot on the ground. I bet its a fucking huuuuuuuuge number.

Imagine if they all stopped being shot and continued to breed and move into human territory? Imagine if we just let them tear through commercial farms?

What is your solution? put them in crates and ship them far away? Where would they go? Why wouldnt they be able to come back? And how fucking much would it cost to trap that many pigs and ship them?

Have you ever seen a wild pig? They are fucking outrageous animals. They'd kill the fuck out of you if you didnt have a gun. A smart hunter could take one with a knife. Maybe a super smart one could find some other way. Personally I wouldnt go near one without a gun.

They are fucking huge. Mean. Aggressive. And insatiable! Every waking moment of their life is the search for food.

Anonymous #20

#27293129 - 05/04/21 06:55 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

holy shit this thread blew up. I was only gone for a day.

You need to make a friend, mate

Anonymous #3

Re: Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself? [Re: Anonymous #20]
    #27293644 - 05/04/21 06:48 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Another piece of the puzzle though is the lack of natural predators throughout the world.

Humans kicked their asses. So now the prey thrive.

What would you do? Help bring back predator population in human populated areas? That would lead to children's deaths. Adults too but most children.
Fucking mountain lions picking up 8 year olds waiting for school lol.

And how about the WAY these prey animals die if we had natural predators come back in numbers? Its a horrible fucking way to die lol. A fucking lion eating you while you're still alive. Taking pieces off the deer.

There's a lot of things to consider ya know?

Also I reckon removing mankind from the nature thing is strange. Its basically saying we don't have a right to exist. Lol. You could always say that whatever area we are inhabiting and no matter how a part of nature we try to be.... We are probably impacting the ecosystem. Even if there's just one of us.

And there's billions of us cunts.

At some point we gotta just agree that human life is worth more than all these peasant animals who would kill us if they had the chance. The goal should be maintaining a quality ecosystem that can thrive and benefit us.

Honestly not even that. The goal should be maintaining the existence of the human race. Make sure we get off the planet. Go to other solar systems. Continue to thrive and innovate. If that includes keeping the earth healthy (which I think it does) then we should keep the earth healthy.

Anonymous #4

#27295515 - 05/05/21 10:18 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

PLEASE READ

this was published today. thoughts?

average BMI score does not equate a person to having a clean bill of health.

lets agree to one thing: common sense opinion is that an unhealthy looking person is less attractive than a healthy looking person.

what we disagree on: being slightly to marginally overweight hinders on a persons chances to be involved in romantic exchanges.

Anonymous #3

#27295585 - 05/05/21 11:09 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

My thoughts on that is that I'm not subscribed to washington post so I cant read it lol.

But BMI is a terrible standard. A muscular person would have a bad rank on a BMI for example.

But I dont think theres science out there that believes being fat is healthy. I think fat being on your body is unhealthy.

You say we agree on an unhealthy looking person is less attractive than a healthy looking person but I reckon a lot of people here in this thread disagree with that. I obviously agree lol.

Disagreeing on slightly overweight? I dont know. What is your interpretation of slightly overweight? I think visible hanging fat is less attractive than not having it. I think the skin stretching to compensate for fat is less attractive.

I dont think 5 pounds of extra weight is very perceptible. More if they are a taller person or more muscular person.

I dont know where in between 1 pound overweight and 50 pounds overweight a person starts becoming less attractive.

All I know is I see a lot of heavily overweight people being told "Youre beautiful the way you are." Thats cool and all. Theres nothing wrong with that person. But if the goal is to find a dating partner then losing weight is a beneficial route for them. Its not required. But it is helpful. And also if they want to live longer.

I feel like a lot of the arguments on here are similar to someone who smoked for 40 years a pack a day and didnt get lung cancer saying "I didnt get lung cancer so smoking is fine."

Anonymous #4

#27295610 - 05/05/21 11:30 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

so your qualms are with this new pro-support culture that helps to boost the self-esteem of folks that would have otherwise been regularly ridiculed in the past for being "fat".

now, today, we see it all over:
youre beautiful the way you are.
dont change for others, be yourself.
fat is beautiful
blah blah blah

you say dont be fat because in general youll have more dates and live longer. sure, but thats not everyones goal. not every overweight person wishes they had a different body. some are happy the way they are and have the love and support of friends and family for the whole of their life, be it long or short.

Anonymous #3

#27295627 - 05/05/21 11:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Well I think my statement and argument is that they would live longer and have more dates.

So its irrelevant what they want out of life. Or even if some people are super turned on by really fat people.

The statement remains correct. Ya know?

I think the pro-support culture as you call it has some pretty significant negative effects. We wouldn't do the same thing with an alcoholic for example.

And as a fat person who has lost weight.... (and I hate to bring myself in as anecdotal evidence) you just FEEL better when youre healthy. No weird digestive issues. Acid reflux. Correct diet and exercise literally makes you happier.

Theres a balance. You dont want fat people terrified to go outside because the second they open the doors theres some government paid guy yelling at them for being a fat piece of shit.

But you also dont want a heavily overweight person who just had a heart attack to be shovelling mcdonalds and ice cream in their mouth and people all around saying "Goodjob!".

I think a good friend. A true friend. Would have a heart to heart with their fat friend and give advice. And then periodically in the future give advice too. Unless the fat person said "I am choosing to be this way. Living less long is cool. I like food." Or something along those lines.

People are allowed to be fat. Just dont tell them its healthy. Or they wouldnt have a better life in a lot of ways if they became healthy.

Anonymous #21

#27295651 - 05/06/21 12:03 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

The point of body positivity is to say that everyone is deserving of love and respect. Some nit-wits may construe that to mean that being fat is healthy, but nit-wits gonna nit-wit.

The second half of it is to get people to love themselves. Idea being, if you love yourself, you might be more motivated to take care of yourself.

Some folks get motivated by hating themselves and their body and become determined to change, other folks think 'im a piece of shit, why bother'... Man, motivation is a tough one.

Anonymous #3

Re: Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself? [Re: Anonymous #21]
    #27295697 - 05/06/21 12:30 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #21 said:
The point of body positivity is to say that everyone is deserving of love and respect. Some nit-wits may construe that to mean that being fat is healthy, but nit-wits gonna nit-wit.

The second half of it is to get people to love themselves. Idea being, if you love yourself, you might be more motivated to take care of yourself.

Some folks get motivated by hating themselves and their body and become determined to change, other folks think 'im a piece of shit, why bother'... Man, motivation is a tough one.

It definitely goes both ways. A feel out of the individual would help. I'm SURE some people have killed themselves from being called fat. Or even from a caring friend trying to give advice on losing weight.

Just as I'm sure some people have killed themselves as a result of nurturing behaviour that did not assist in giving the person motivation to lose weight. Perhaps leading to issues in their life leading to their suicide.

And suicide aside.... just general happiness in life. Quality of life. I'm sure it goes both ways probably even both ways for the same people.

A bit of a tangent I am thinking of.

Ive had people slight me in the world world. People of other ethnic backgrounds than myself. They cheated me some how. And when I've told a coworker with my ethic background they immediately go to "Yeah thats how so and so race is. They do that."

And my response isnt this typical love and nurture response of "Oh man thats racist. Dont mock an entire culture like that."
My response is "No fuck that. Dont give him that easy out. He as an individual is a piece of shit for what hes done. THAT guy is a loser." Or whatever way you want to word it.

Thats kind of how I interact I think.

Anonymous #9

#27296163 - 05/06/21 05:25 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

U need a buddy, a hobby, or a girlfriend, preferably all 3
:douchewink:

Anonymous #3

#27296806 - 05/06/21 06:39 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

What are your thoughts on the piggies?

Anonymous #4

#27296810 - 05/06/21 06:43 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Anonymous #3

#27296829 - 05/06/21 07:04 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:

Get out of my head.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder