Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCosmic_Monkey
PongidaeKosmikos

Loc: Somewhere between inner-s...
Poll:Shrooms and Enlightenment
    #1007644 - 10/30/02 09:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What's your opinion?

Do shrooms put you in a higher level of awareness or just make you hallucinate?
Yes, higher awareness
No, your just trippin' dude

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Poll:Shrooms and Enlightenment [Re: Cosmic_Monkey]
    #1008567 - 10/31/02 01:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's been a while now since my last trip on shrooms (July). I'd say it puts you in a higher level of awareness. I'm still working with the 'information' that was presented to me on that trip.

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #1008593 - 10/31/02 02:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It has been proven to procuce higher levels of PHYSICAL awareness, higher levels of spiritual and/or mental awareness is another matter.

In my opinion it does put you in a place of higher awareness.

This will be neat to see in a while, considering the fact that those of us who are voting here have all actually tried the drugs.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Anonymous

#1008693 - 10/31/02 02:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's either or. I voted "You're just Trippin" though. I think while on shrooms you have the potential to more easily reach high states of spiritual awareness. I do not think that just because you are on shrooms means that all of your thoughts necessarily should be taken as truth just because you're on shrooms and that makes you think you are more highly aware. You should have put an in-between option there I would've picked that one.

OfflineCosmic_Monkey
PongidaeKosmikos

Re: Poll:Shrooms and Enlightenment [Re: ]
    #1011518 - 10/31/02 11:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with saying there's no guarantee they will put you in a higher mental or spiritual state but it could given the right conditions.  It seems to me that tripping just doesn't work for everyone.  I believe you need to have done work in these areas before hand. They aren't going to do the work for you, just maybe provide you with a nice boost.  Just as with artist using them, they might boost your creativity but if you don't have a clue what your doing they won't make up for it much.
I'm really interested in the people on here's opinion about thier usefullness because I myself am convinced but can't seem to convince anyone I know about it.  I play guitar and I've argued countless times with people on guitar forums about the usefullness of halucinagens with creating music and they simply will not accept it. What about the Doors, Jimi, the Beatles?  The list could go on for pages. :confused: 

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1011867 - 11/01/02 01:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The mushrooms bring forth and reveal what is within you. Some people will achieve higher awareness and some won't. That doesn't mean the experience cannot be sacred, simply that some people are not ready for a spiritual experience.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: Poll:Shrooms and Enlightenment [Re: ]
    #1012133 - 11/01/02 04:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think while on shrooms you have the potential to more easily reach high states of spiritual awareness. I do not think that just because you are on shrooms means that all of your thoughts necessarily should be taken as truth just because you're on shrooms and that makes you think you are more highly aware.

I agree... :smile:

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1012430 - 11/01/02 08:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What about the Doors, Jimi, the Beatles?

These people were great musicians BEFORE drugs. ANY strong experience can open one up to new levels of musical expression.

As to enlightenment, you mention two musicians who self-destructed, and a band whose member's egos grew so big they could hardly stand each other. Not a great testimonial to increased understanding through drugs.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineCosmic_Monkey
PongidaeKosmikos

Re: Poll:Shrooms and Enlightenment [Re: Swami]
    #1012652 - 11/01/02 10:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"These people were great musicians BEFORE drugs. ANY strong experience can open one up to new levels of musical expression."

IMO they were mediocre musicians before using psycadelics. I think the Doors and Hendrix would still be unheard of if they hadn't been on them. The Beatles were already famous but to me their lyrics were mostly shit before they started tripping , some sort of catchy tunes but nothing compared to what came later. A bunch of screaming teenage girl's who could probably be lead to like anything liked them, but what does that prove?

"As to enlightenment, you mention two musicians who self-destructed, and a band whose member's egos grew so big they could hardly stand each other. Not a great testimonial to increased understanding through"

Fame was working against them, I think all of their ego's got out of hand. Constantly being treated like they were gods couldn't have been easy to fight. It's kind of funny how the abilities you can gain from separating from your ego can strengthen it's hold on you.

But my point isn't that they make you all knowing and a great person. It's that they can increase your perception. They make you more aware of things you normally aren't. Most of us just don't have the ability to pay attention to things as well in our normal states of mind. You can try as hard as you can and simply cannot do it without years of work on transending your ego. I have proven this point to myself with music, it's much much easier for me to learn other peoples music while tripping. First of all it better helps me to discern whats being played on each instrument, which is normally harder because there is so much going on it's hard to separate what I'm hearing. Also it puts me more in touch with the concepts and techniques being used. These things are so much easier it's like childsplay compared to the work it takes in a non-tripping state.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #1012671 - 11/01/02 10:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

were they great musicians before drugs? did they do crazy things that no one had ever done to music before, before they did drugs? I don't really know, you know, but it sounds to me like those guys did a lot of drugs!

but yeah man totally mushrooms, LSD and ganja are unbelieveable, every time! i think everyone will agree that hearing sounds when you're tripping hard - man this is weird but i'm realising at the moment how different what I type is to what I say! like what I say's full of man's'n'shit's and the grammer's all over the place but then when I type I seem to get the words pretty well right. interesting. but so if hearing sounds is wicked tripping then how sick is MAKING SOUNDS!!!! wooohooo! drumming to the stars? caves? didgeridoo?! :shocked:

these smily yellow things are pretty lame  :smirk:

:confused:

Edited by Traveller (11/01/02 10:49 AM)

OfflineNewbie2000
Idiot:www.soby.us

#1012682 - 11/01/02 10:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I am an avid guitar player. I have been for over 9 years. I will have to say that mushrooms in particular really help me play. Now they don't make my skill any better, but it seems I have more of a "pinpoint" acurracy with my fingers as I play.

Also, it makes my music sound really cool to my trippin' ears.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1012839 - 11/01/02 12:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As to enlightenment, you mention two musicians who self-destructed

Would reaching enlightenment mean you would be completly happy in everyday society?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1012960 - 11/01/02 12:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The answer is obviously both!. For example, being aware of synchronicities and recalling memories that you forgot. The question is, does some of that awareness get brought back into normal consiousness, that depends on the tripper.

Edited by Earth_Droid (11/01/02 12:52 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology