Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Understanding Life
    #248059 - 12/01/99 04:09 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Conciousness is a funny thing. While the human race is said to have it, I somehow doubt many of those around me truly do. I look around and what do I see? A bunch of creatures turned fiendish, if not
intentionally so, then without complaint. Too many good possibilities for human beings have become this lack of understanding wrapped like bad Christmas patterns into beings cappable of such greatness. I look at their faces and I see thought, but not understanding. I know that they may well
never get "it", that true conciousness that few reach. I see my own quest to obtain such realization as a journey in which the destination is abstract, and while important, the road there is so much more important. Little revelations that the masses would never give thought to, I find myself tumbling across often. Here I am, sitting in front
of an electromagnetic energy eminating device, hurtling through the void of space, and I see many things wrong with the human race. From this perspective there are two ways to live life: in disapointment at our insignificance, or in glee and joy with the knowledge that nothing matters anyway. I choose the latter and ask myself what I really want, quantity or quality of life.
Thank you, all that understand, for being here to share the journey.
~^PeG@5u5*|*EffeX^

May the people of this hunk of rock realize what they do. If they do not, then we are doomed to ridiculous atrocities and horrible happenings not easily, but possibly, avoided.
~ME

P.S. I have not tripped, YET(on classic hallucinagens. I have done Salvia Divinorum). I plan to do it for fun, knowledge and a new perspective on life and the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDruggie
addict
Re: Understanding Life [Re: Anonymous]
    #248060 - 12/01/99 05:18 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Take some shrooms. I believe your soul is open and they will be extremely benificial to you. The only problem is that the more you incorporate the teachings of the plants and fungi into your life, the more you realize the utter stupidity of most humans, and the more you will become alienated from them. When you are ready I strongly suggest you take peyote.

--------------------
-------------------
"I didn't black out... I just don't remember what happened."

Anonymous

#248061 - 12/02/99 07:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

What makes peyote different from the other classical hallucinagens? I've read about it, but i'd like a personal viewpoint. THank you.
~effeX

OfflineViolent-J
addict

#248062 - 12/03/99 12:24 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

From a technical point of view Mescaline is a Phenethylamine, while most other hallucinagens are Tryptamines. I have yet to trip on mescaline so I cannot tell you the spiritual differences.

--------------------
------------------------
"Oh Shinon, you crazy diamond!" -- Mr. Burns

Anonymous

#248063 - 12/03/99 12:27 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

it's a test.
love them and show them a better way.

------------------
sat in a tree for a while got my life back

Anonymous

#248064 - 12/03/99 01:40 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

yeah Jonny!

I are we and we are they.

Pegasus*Effex, dont forget that people can change, and they do, including you. Keep at it, its cool.

------------------
The combined symbol for Ernie and Bert.

OfflineFreak
addict
    #248065 - 12/04/99 12:14 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

just gotta do ritual

and raise

the energy

:wink:

------------------
dam a l i e n s

OfflineFreak
addict
    #248066 - 12/04/99 12:17 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

just gotta do ritual

and raise

the energy

:wink:

------------------
dam a l i e n s

Offlinesubtlepoint
journeyman
    #982841 - 10/22/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I totally agree, the quest for a better understanding is one of the noblest things our time will know.

peace,

--------------------
- subtlepoint

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: Understanding Life [Re: subtlepoint]
    #983569 - 10/22/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

indeed mushrooms can open your mind, i have yet to do mescline but i am builing my energy so i can try it.

peace out my brothers for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
    #985123 - 10/22/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

IF you read some buddhist teachings you will realize that humans are not conciouss, we have the ability to live in conciousness but we are not truly conciouss except for the times in which we are meditating and those in which we are practicing a type of meditation called mindfullness in which we are meditating while participating in our daily activities, probably about 70 percent of the human population is not and never will achieven any form of conciousness, thats why it is up to us few who have been blessed by the holy one to achieve the knowledge of conciousness and meditation to pass it on to the poor people who are lost in the dispair of unconciousness.
NDL

--------------------

OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Understanding Life [Re: ganjaguru]
    #985646 - 10/23/02 02:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sogyal Rinpoche, founder of the rigpa movement amd empowered by all masters to bring the teachings to the west:
"All beings are buddhas, yet they have been temporarily obscured, once these obscurations are removed they are buddhas indeed.
All we are rises with our thoughts, with our thoughts we create the world, so keep your heart and mind pure and happiness will follow.
In the primal state of things, there is not even the slightest difference between buddha and us. There is only one ground, but two paths. Buddhas recognised their path and became enlightened, we did not recognise our path and became confused.
The skylike nature of mind. Even though the sky may be obscured by the clouds, the sky itself is never ever stained. If you would take a plane to go beyond the clouds you will see, that there is an infinite space, and the sun shining!"

We are all enlightened beings.Yet we are totally obscured by our own thoughts. We believe our thoughts to be so real that we go with them completely, creating our own suffering. The first step in meditation is learning to recognise thoughts. just let them rise, but dont attach to them. It is difficult, so we need something to focus our mind on, so as not to be obscured by our own thoughts all the time, and get lost in thinking. In shamata meditation, the object of your meditation is the breath. Just watch the breath. yet not wilth all your consciousness, else that will be an obscuration in itself. Put 25% of your attention on the breath, 25% of your attention on mindfullness of watching the breath (watch that your watching the breath) and leave 50% in a state of natural spaciousness. You will find that after a few minutes, you will be everywhere else but the breath, completely following the thoughts that rise up. Then all you do is bring your attention back to the breath. Everytime you find yourself lost, bring it back to the breath. After practice you will see that these moments of recognitioon will come faster and faster and you will stay more focussed on the breath. You are starting to tame your mind. Watch for the spaces inbetween your thoughts. There is where you will find the true openness which is our natural state of mind. This is the first part of the practice, after this, look and ask for a teacher, a master who can give you a transmission. This is how tibettan buddhism kept their teachings pure, they have an unbroken lineage of masters who can be traced back to the first buddha shakyamuni who achieved enlightenment while sitting against a boddhi tree.
The thing is not to attach yourself to expectations. Dont make your meditation into a concept which you hold on to, because then you create it into another obscuration. Enlightenment is not something we have to search for, it is something we need to recognise and then learn to not forget. Remember, go back and remember, it is already there.
Maybe you will have an experience, but then be aware that you dont get attached to that experience, making it a concept you hold on to. Your practice is just a method, dont get attached to the method. Meditation is not an activity, it is a state of being. If you find yourself stuck, learn to break your practice again and again.
Anyway,if you want to learn more about tibettan buddhism, and the dogchen teachings, http://www.rigpa.org/

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag