Anonymous #21 said: Now there is a dual mission: info and money. Welcome to reality, friend. Bills have to be paid, some people have always made money off the Shroooomery. Money in the pocket isn't a bad thing. You aren't a supporter otherwise you'd know. OTDers are the largest contributors to the Shroomery.
Your theory is retarded. We make our money on banner ads; supporter accounts are a drop in the bucket. And after expenses we just save any profits, it's not like we have monthly distributions to shareholders. In fact the only thing you're correct about is that OTDers buy the most supporter accounts. And you can't say that reflects poorly on them.
-Ythan
My theory in total is far from retarded. I was active when you weren't. I know what the mission was, and is. And nothing you have said disproves it. I never said the bulk of the money was from OTDers. I said they contribute a sizeable portion of the money. And of course I would be correct about the amount of OTDers that buy supporter accounts because I am one. I've seen the list just as every other supporter has they wanted to view it. In fact, the only thing you're correct about is the ratio of money between supporter accounts versus banner ads. And that's only because you have information I don't.
The mission changed, Ythan. Whether you know it or not. How much "building" is going on right now in the FAQ section? Not much. And you know why, don't you?
Now, I've offered to help add more to the FAQ out of the kindness of my heart and my love of the Shroomery. I can add things few others can. The decision to accept my offer will guide the Shroomery to a better place and attract more of us who are actually interested in mushrooms.
There is more at stake than a message board, Ythan. The OMC and mycology in general are important, far more important than this place will ever be. We can help them or not.
But, again, it's your call.
|