Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: beaudesotva]
    #9380828 -

If you shook I hope it was a moisture issue and not bacteria.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: HybridprX]
    #9380877 -

Well I made these the same as the others and those didnt have any contaminations.  I would describe the jars I shook more wet than damp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: HybridprX]
    #9380911 -

Well I made these the same as the others and those didnt have any contaminations.  I would describe the jars I shook more wet than damp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: MycoUnderground]
    #9380958 -

is there a particular reason you are using popcorn to spawn on? rye and wbs are cheaper by comparison and easier to learn moisture control with. and you never want wet, i suggest spending sometime reading up and grains and preparation techniques, find something that works well for you.


--------------------
Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security - John Allen Paulos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: beaudesotva]
    #9381486 -

I'm using popcorn because i read that you could use it and it was easy to find.  I used the recommended popcorn procedures.  I already inoculated the jars before i read that popcorn was a poor choice.    I'm going to use rye and wbs from now on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: MycoUnderground]
    #9381496 -

well just use this grow as a learning experience. good luck with it and to your future projects.


--------------------
Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security - John Allen Paulos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: beaudesotva]
    #9381578 -

Popcorn is good if you can get the moisture content right.. I use WBS and Popcorn.. Just depends on what I have on hand at the time..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: Damion5050]
    #9382829 -

popcorn is bad, because of the large kernels.  A jar of WBS has something like ten times the amount of mycelium as a jar of popcorn. Once again, because of the large kernels, there are less of them per jar. So when you spawn popcorn, there are not very many points of inoculation.  Making for a slow colonization.  Although, I have used it and it works, just not preferred.  Check out this black popcorn I used


and yellow


--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Noobie question...Prob with bottom of jars...Use now or wait longer? [Re: arp180]
    #9382842 -

Yeah I have used it too wrote a tek on it just cause I was bored lol..  But I like all grains..  But the pints on popcorn are true not as many spawn points but my biggest problem use to be getting the moisture content right..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Noobie question---can I mix strains??? Eyeball_Kid3 1,859 1 04/30/02 10:16 AM
by Seuss
* Important question about cooking jars texasjoehotdog 1,341 9 03/04/02 11:26 AM
by Anno
* quick question about rye jars Chemical_Smile 1,669 6 07/19/17 12:01 AM
by pyro101981
* Question about Substrate Jars... roykinn 2,458 12 10/19/01 01:31 PM
by Jammer
* Question about the jars. Progressive 553 1 04/15/02 04:47 AM
by Anno
* question about overcooking jars? Eulogy 1,164 6 11/20/01 02:04 PM
by TeRzMaStA
* cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em aenima 2,344 6 08/02/01 03:20 AM
by aenima
* Sterilization Question Infadel 2,219 9 10/15/01 12:28 PM
by blackout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,611 topic views. 28 members, 141 guests and 208 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.