Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em
    #364646 - 08/01/01 09:14 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

got 10 jars colonizing some better than others, had planned on going for cakes, since that was what all the teks said, recently been reading about casing, and it seems better.

questions
1) one jar does one cake, or one case. By (roughly) how much greater yield would the casing give

2) should a beginner grower just stick with cakes first few tries.

3) which produces mushrooms quickest cakes/ cases.

4) need to have a fair amount by august 24th READING FESTIVAL WOOHOO anyways, which you suggest

5) best casing tek, read afew what do you think is best

6) speeding up colonization, is it possible.

7) un 100% colonized cakes, best used for what.

8) how long will a cake and cases each produce shrooms for as everything has to be finished ( will be thrown away) by early september.

i think that is it. Gonna try and fins answers now, been looking for last couple of hours before you call me lazy ;) but thought maybe i ask.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em [Re: aenima]
    #364664 - 08/01/01 09:58 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a newbie, but I know the answers to some of your questions...

1) One jar makes one cake. The brf or whatever you use as a substance is what is put into the jar at the beginning. It is later called a "cake" when you take it out (birth it).
You can case only 1 cake, but most do 2-4 cakes per case. Casing a cake gives bigger yields than just leaving a cake. I am not too sure how much more, but I know it IS more...

2) A bieginner can do either: stick with cakes, or go on to casings. Casing a cake is doing the cake, and then taking another step. Therefore, it is a bit riskier. If you are careful and follow directions, you should be fine doing casings your first time.

3) I believe it is cakes? When you case, you must crumble the cakes, and let them recover. So I would think that leaving the cake would be faster than casing...?

4) Aug 24, I don't think they'll be ready by that date, even using the FASTEST method...

5) Follow a simple casing tek, one tht uses verm/perlite. Move on to "harder" teks later. Look under "Grow/Find" in the Shroomery web site for many teks...

6) Some strains are faster colonizers than others, so if you want to speed up the process, choose a quick strain. I believe there are other ways to speed up the process (such as injecting more spore solution into the jars) but I am not to sure what they are... Ask an experienced grower about that...

7) You should let your cakes ride it out until the are 100% colonized. If, for some reason, they stop (sometimes the bottom doesn't colonize) then I believe you should birth it, and then heat up some small metal object, and brand all the uncolonized parts... You risk contams, so I would use this method as a last resort... Ask an experienced grower if there are any other methods...

8) Again, I am not to sure if you'll have shrooms by early Sept.
How long have you had your jars? It depends on when you innoculated. If your jars are already colonizing, then maybe you will see some shrooms by early sept. The "shroom cycle" is about 6 weeks from innoculation to harvesting...

Good luck!

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlineaenima
Re: cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em [Re: Shiznitz]
    #364693 - 08/01/01 10:49 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the reply

didn't make myself to clear hehe ohwell.

8 jars are between 50- 95% colonized, 2 others about 10 and 20, only got tiny amount of spore solution cos i run out

questions
1) 4 jars used to make 4 cakes, 4 jars used to make one casing, how much bigger is the casings yield to the 4 cakes.
2) ---
3) ---

4) ---

5) best casing tek, read afew what do you think is best

6) speeding up colonization, is it possible if so how

7) can a non 100% jar be used to make casing, as it is enclosed i don't think it should be a probelm, and burning off bits of cake can be avioded, am i right or wrong?

8) ---

--------------------

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
    #364706 - 08/01/01 11:18 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Answer to #5)
Here's a good casing tek.... Ryche Hawk's 50/50+...
Casing Tek

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlinepj541
Loc: fuck off
    #364791 - 08/01/01 01:29 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think they will be ready by the 24th.\
if you do birth the cakes early you must scrape off noncolonized ver/brf or risk contamination
peace and good luck!

"If you are frightened of the end and your holding on you see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace then the devils are really angels freeing you from the earth.."

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #364800 - 08/01/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

1) one jar does one cake, and one or maore jars do a casing (depends on the container you case them in)

2)its youre pick

3)i am not too sure, i wasnt keeping track of the cakes the only time i used them. my casings take about 4 days till i put them in the terrarium, and after that it takes a few more days to start pinning.

4) you could always by 1/4 pint jars and innoculate them. then they will colonize faster. if you use 1/4 pint jars i would recomend casing.

5)i hate all teks! take bits of info from each one and make youre own for christ sakes!!

6)yes, use an incubation chamber, add more spores per jar, and if youre desperate you can do what i said and use 1/4 pint jars. you also give the jars light when there almost 100% colonized.

7) i dont understand the question?

8)you better get started. when you dont know what youre doing it always seems to take longer. i have no clue how long it will take to grow YOURE shrooms. the first time i got a hrvest it took around 2 months.

if you have any old equipment that you want to get rid of that you are willing to trade for some new stuff the go here to:
Closet Cultivation

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlineaenima
Re: cakes, cases and other questions if i think of em [Re: aluminum_can]
    #365326 - 08/02/01 03:20 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thanks all for advice.

Gonna cake the first few 100% colonized jars, should be done in couple of days, then gonna try a casing with the next 4 jars. Any jars left over can be cakes. Will have pics soon so you can all wait drooling till then ;)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder