Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Casing or cakes? A question of potency
    #66326 - 10/20/00 08:02 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

oh ya, I have tried shrooms for the first time and just the bluing between cakes and casing is easily noticible. I would also like to know why this is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#66328 - 10/20/00 09:15 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

I have noticed this also. WHaaat is the deal, even the blueing effect is more promenent on the cake shrooms.

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

#66329 - 10/21/00 10:06 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm, that's a question for someone like Ryche. It might have something to do with the shroomies having easier access to more substrate than with a crumpled cased cake.

Time for an experiment, try to get the best of both worlds. either tomorrow or sunday I'm going slice my blueing cakes (three cakes that fruited once but got dehydrated b/c they were too small I think) horizontally into two smaller cakes, then case that with Verm in the other half of my terrarium.

currently I have one cake that is in it's second flush, with many more pins than the first time (though of course they won't all be shroomies) so I'll leave it alone. Otherwise, the other 4 cakes will get cased with pure verm and I'll post the results whenever things start happening

peace
Grover

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

OfflineSporechick
    #66330 - 10/21/00 09:34 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen just the opposite. Maybe this is a possible explaination: Many people get multi-spore inoculants for their first crop and grow them out on cakes. Then, from this initial cultivation effort, they make their own spore prints. They take a single spore print and use it to make their own syringe. Now they try casing. And then they compare potencies.
But, they are comparing fruits from a multi-spore inoculant (wider gene pool) to a spore syringe from a single print (which works but is not the best way to go).
Cakes also are much more forgiving as far as fluctuations in humidity, temp, air circulation, etc. Casing needs a little more care to maintain optimal conditions for your best fruits.
I'm not saying this has been your experience but it's always best to compare apples to apples.

------------------
''Heightening your mental brain thingee.''
www.sporechicks.com

--------------------
''Heightening your mental brain thingee.''
www.sporechicks.com

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #66331 - 10/21/00 09:44 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

Sporechick: How do you make spore syringes?

[This message has been edited by Anno (edited October 21, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate