Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTypingwords
Stranger

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Comparing potencies of mushrooms
    #935971 - 10/06/02 04:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all,

I am wondering if someone knows of a site or other source that lists all the different species (or at least the most common ones) and how their potencies compare. I have searched for such a site with no luck. I found one but it seemed inaccurate, it said weilii were less potent than cubensis. Is that true? And it left out a bunch of other common species that I'm wondering about.

Or if you don't know of a good site, does anyone know off the top of their head:

How much stronger than cubensis are azures?

Which is more potent, ps. cyans or pan. cyans? And how do these compare to cubes?

And do all blue ringers have the same potency?

Thanks guys :smile: 

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere. forever and ever and ever.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Comparing potencies of mushrooms [Re: Typingwords]
    #935989 - 10/06/02 04:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Most of what we know about mushroom potency is based on inferences from tentative alkaloid analysis and from bioassays.
From what ive read of studies by Gartz and the likes of mushrooms like ps.cyanescens, ps.azurescens, ps.mairei and ps.semilanceata these mushrooms can be classed as highly potent with a psilocybin content ranging from 1.2% above - right up to some measurements over 2%. Of these, only Semilanceata had a low psilocin content.
Similarly from studies of ps.subaeruginosa, ps.bohemica and recent studies of ps.arcana maxima of around 1.3%+ psilocybin was detected. Again all with relatively high psilocin contents.
Ryche Hawk recentally showed me a study by Gartz of Pan cyanescens and pan.cambod. suggesting that they had a principle psilocybin content also of around 1%.
Ps.Weilli with its high content of new alkaloids as well as existing alkaloids represents quite an enigma.
Cubensis generally has low levels of these alkaloids - ranging from about .6%psilocybin .3%psilocin downwards - although considerably high maxima have been recorded.
My feeling is that if its a woodlover, it is probably highly potent, if its a grass variety then it may be equally to lesser potent. If its a dung variety chances are it will be much lower in potency unless its a Copelandia.

--------------------

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: Comparing potencies of mushrooms [Re: Typingwords]
    #936115 - 10/06/02 09:51 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey "typingwords",
This topic has been gone over many times in this and other forum. Do a search and you can see all the previous posts on this subject.

A word of advice: Anything you read that compares potency is only a broad estimate. Potency varies greatly between individual specimens of each species. For example a mushroon at the high end of potency for a cubensis is going to be more potent than a low end azure!
DO NOT dose according to something you read on potency differences!!!! Don't think that you can take twice as many cubes as you did azures because someone reported that azures had twice as much psilocybin! The cubes you have might be way above the average level. So they could in fact be more potent than the azures you tried before, for example.

I just try a low level dose with any new shrooms I get to figure out how much to dose.
Good Luck!!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Comparing potencies of mushrooms [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #940236 - 10/07/02 04:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, this is bullshit: 'Don't think that you can take twice as many cubes as you did azures because someone reported that azures had twice as much psilocybin! The cubes you have might be way above the average level. So they could in fact be more potent than the azures you tried before, for example.'
I personally guarantee that you will never, ever find cubensis to be equally or even closely as potent as ps.azurescens, ps.cyanescens, ps.subaeruginosa, ps.australiana, pan cyans/trops/cambo...
never ever!!!!

--------------------

OfflineTypingwords
Stranger

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
Re: Comparing potencies of mushrooms [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #940387 - 10/07/02 05:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes LOPHO, I am sure that this has been gone over many times, but what I was really asking for was a link to a site that lists the strongest to weakest by their AVERAGE potency, because I couldn't find a good list. But bluemeanie basically gave me enough info on the species I was concerned about. Thanks for your help guys.

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere. forever and ever and ever.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience