Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Question about yields of flushes
    #2978557 - 08/08/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When growing psilocybe cubensis (golden teachers) what can someone expect for the yield of a flush growing with the PFtech methode? I know it's a bit ambiguous...

I'm reading about casing and most say they yield 45-65 grams wet. That doesn't seem like a whole lot, and it's supposedly more than just growing them out of cakes? A level 3 dose of GTeachers is usually about 30-40g wet, right? So casing would only give you a dose or so?

That doesn't seem like very much.

Maybe I'm just not reading it right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: myndreach]
    #2978591 - 08/08/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

casing gets you much more than cakes if done right. If you dont have a clue what you're doing, you could easily get less than a cake. I suggest if you're looking for a better yeild than cakes, study up on casing, and check out some grow logs to see how others have done it.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: day_tripper]
    #2978604 - 08/08/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Okay well my friend has never grown before and is curious. She said she'll probably just grow PF tek and use cakes, but she still wonders what a good estimate for a yield of GTeachers would be from a cake.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #2978607 - 08/08/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
When growing psilocybe cubensis (golden teachers) what can someone expect for the yield of a flush growing with the PFtech methode? I know it's a bit ambiguous...

I'm reading about casing and most say they yield 45-65 grams wet. That doesn't seem like a whole lot, and it's supposedly more than just growing them out of cakes? A level 3 dose of GTeachers is usually about 30-40g wet, right? So casing would only give you a dose or so?

That doesn't seem like very much.

Maybe I'm just not reading it right.

I hate to say this and when I started I hated this response but it is the truth.

It depends on a LOT of factors! Cake mix, strain, the spores that took over, the fruiting chamber, etc.

My cakes produced about 4 grams dry each (On average) some more some less!

My first casing produced 180 grams wet (About 18 grams dry) and the second one is looking GOOD!

But mileage may very, some restrictions may apply, etc.

oh and substrate will make a BIG difference!.

PS. My second flush on the cakes did better than the first! Dunking works and is worth it!

Edited by Cyber (08/08/04 03:04 PM)

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: Cyber]
    #2978644 - 08/08/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cyber, thanks for the good info. More results like this is what I'm looking for. If more people could post results that would help!

Say my friend makes four 1/2 pint substrate jars and colonizes them. Can she use two of the cakes to make a case, and then just grow the other 2 cakes as is...growing cakes and case in the same container? Could they all be put into the same container (rubbermaid tub) to grow? In this case, how often would she need to open it to air out (and for how long) and how much would she have to water it.

When she waters it, would she just use a spray bottle to spray distilled water on all the sides of the inside of the rubbermaid tub?

If she instead uses a lair of moist perlite on the bottom of the tub with the cakes on it, does she have to spray every day or whatever still?

Offlinephucknut68
Focker
Loc: shit mang
    #2978784 - 08/08/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my cakes sucked pretty bad the mushies were much smaller, but a lot of guys in here have some awesome cakes... doc34 has some really killer ones and I know dcyans has posted some good looking ones too. I have had much more luck casing..... And I found casing was very easy I have not exactly followed completely sterile teks and nuked my casing mixes, but I find I have had some great results. Just dont make the mistake like I did and overcase (using too thick casing layers). Just use thin layers and thick substrate it will work great.

I get many flushes out of my casings too as they get water easier and dont need to be rehydrated as much like a cake. They also have a bigger area to pin over, can support bigger mushies, etc. I have seen some people dunk their casings though, and that seems to help.

Something I would like to ask if anybody reads this who dunks their casings most of you say you put holes in the bottom for drainage and to dunk in. How do you prevent mushies from growing out of the holes on the bottom, or pinning on the bottom? just wondering as I want to try dunking my casings but I dont want to take them out of the containers.

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-|:---- Doctor Of Journalism -----:|-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-|:---- S M C -----:|-=-=-=-=-

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: phucknut68]
    #2978828 - 08/08/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you should case 2 cakes and fruit two normally. See which one gives you more :smile: And if your still looking for more, look for grains.

Good luck.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinefrock
    #2979206 - 08/08/04 07:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have been consistantly getting 2 ounces dry on the first flush from 12 1/2 pint pf cakes using the dunk and roll method.

This equals out to be 4.6 grams dry per cake on the first flush.

I can usually get about another ounce dry from 2 more flushes combined.

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: frock]
    #2979252 - 08/08/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i got about 3 grams dried from my first PF tek cake.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlineundeadmonkey
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #8931999 - 09/15/08 06:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I get one middle strength dose for each cake on average.  (visuals...ceiling melting pretty decent...as well as shape shifting faces on t.v...) 

Or two mild doses (no visuals just just about there but feeling real damn good...with a DEFINITE fry feeling for several hours)

That's with Texas Goliad.  (high yield..short and fat shrooms)

As cheap as cakes are, and the fact I got liquid mycelium fully grown ready to inoculate as my cakes come in the mail, that's a pretty damn good deal considering how much you pay for dry shrooms off the street.  (weaker than wet on top of it all)  Once you get a system down, it's very rewarding, and the more you learn.  The more yield you are going to get.  As I found out with my new fruiting chamber I built using plans off this site.  They are about ready to pick.  I will update probably tomorrow or next day.

Oh hell, I see an upload option.  here goes.

Container used to be clear.  Spray painted sides black.  Yes the top is usually on.  Two fish pumps running in to a gatorade bottle through water that has some hydrogen peroxide in it...then to the bottle top, then in to two equally spaced tubes going directly under perlite with two long fish tank stones equally spacing the air. 

Seems to work for me.  P.M. me if any thing I did was point less.  I am still learning. 

Sorry for sounding off topic, but I have not done too many grows my self, and I just need to say man you need to learn as much as you can from this site.  I am responding because I can relate to you.  Even with a weak set up like mine you will have enough for 4 people once a week with strong visual trips.  Just don't give up.  You've taken the first step...an interest in the subject.  Now just make friends, and absorb every thing they got to offer here for information.  It will come easily.  Only way to find this stuff out for your self, is do it your self.  Or find some one who is doing it, and learn as much as possible. 

Personally I don't dry them.  I got a continuous supply every week enough to share with friends.  I eat them as I go.  They are stronger that way.  imo.  They taste better too.   

I have ordered casing materials.  Soon I will embark on that adventure.  Got 6 one quart jars coming too.  I am really excited.  Once you've grown enough times, you don't got to weigh them.  You'll just know how much is enough by the strain.  They are all different, and also depends on how you grow them.  NEXT STEP...my own pressure cooker.  :laugh:

Edited by undeadmonkey (09/15/08 06:55 AM)

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: undeadmonkey]
    #8932208 - 09/15/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

...this is 4 years old..... didnt you see the big sign?

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: day_tripper]
    #8932220 - 09/15/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

day_tripper said:
casing gets you much more than cakes if done right. If you dont have a clue what you're doing, you could easily get less than a cake. I suggest if you're looking for a better yeild than cakes, study up on casing, and check out some grow logs to see how others have done it.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineundeadmonkey
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question about yields of flushes [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8932278 - 09/15/08 08:50 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Now I do.  LOL.  I was actually frying when I made this post.  Coming down now, and I can see a little more clearly.  Sorry about that.  Plus I am kind of new to forums.  I am trying to learn.  Thank you for pointing that out for me.  :laugh:

Edited by undeadmonkey (09/15/08 08:51 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck