Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
New Coldplay Album/Music Industry
    #8570885 -

So I get the CD as I was a big fan years ago for their first album and slightly less but I enjoyed the second album. It gave me a a good sensation of raw melodic music mixed with a few electronics. All in all, it was just enjoyable to me. Maybe it had something to do with the girl I was dating at the time introducing them to me.

Anyway, so their new album was just released and I picked it up. Viva La Vida so they call it. At first listen I couldn't tell a difference between that and their shitty sell out commercialized album X & Y. As I listened further I saw much potential. I could enjoy some of the eastern themed melodies but you pay $12-$15 for the CD that has 10 songs and 45 minutes of mediocre music made for the record label.

This is a prime example of the industry totally fucking the consumer with mediocre music and charging and ass load for something that is half complete. Seriously 45 minutes of music for $15. Good thing I got it on sale for $11. :whatever:

Back to stealing music until the record labels/bands get their head out of their asses to produce quality music and cds worth the money. I think Radiohead did it perfectly with their last album. They said fuck the label, fuck the industry and gave you the choice of whether to pay.

That is all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570893 -

oh god; coldplay.



not for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570902 -

Do you know how I know you're gay?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: Brugman]
    #8570908 -

You bought a coldplay album. :rofl2:  :rofl:  :lol:


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: druqs]
    #8570914 -
Log in to view attachment

They're not really my thing either. I haven't listened to their first two albums in a looong time. But I am a musician/artist and just like to widen my horizon  for shits and giggles at times. I wasn't really expecting much but rather severely disappointed.

I enjoy this melody a lot though. And then when Chris Martin starts to sing, it goes down hill. At least you hear the eastern theme... Good beat too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8570922 -

I should have specified it. I was with my Mom at Target and SHE bought the album after I told her to. :wink: And then I ripped it and burned it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570927 -

mum based illegal activities are always the sweetest...



LIKE TIT NECTAR.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570937 -

You're backpedaling. Admit your homosexual tendencies like a man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570958 -

It's a decent record to have on in the background, but after giving it one attentive listen I doubt I'll ever give it that much attention again.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: Brugman]
    #8570992 -

Brugman said:
You're backpedaling. Admit your homosexual tendencies like a man!



I think your missing a key element out of the first post. I was fucking/dating this girl who introduced me to them during their first and second albums. I enjoyed learning some of the alternate tuning guitar parts and so now I take a listen to their new stuff...:lol:

But OMR is right. It was more or less ambient noise while driving. It's nothing to take seriously.

But my main point of the post is how they rip you off for $15 for a 45 minute listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8570997 -

Coldplay is a band of talented musicians who make tastefully arranged music full of really pleasant harmonies and melodies and whose vocalist really can sing with emotion. I understand them not being people's bag, but they far from suck. They just got too famous too quick and didn't handle it well. The way the music industry is set up now, bands get bigger far quicker than they used to, and it's a real testament to each group to see how they handle that. It turned Chris Martin into a jackass. Oh well. They still make decent music.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8571016 -

That's exactly what I thought. Their first two albums were raw music made from their talent with little money to influence the sound. But when X&Y was released it seemed their budget was so much more and it changed their entire presence and sound. I was a huge fan during their first two albums, was thrilled when X&Y came out, listened to it 2-3 times and literally didn't give it another listen. But I could barely call it listening to music when the CD went from track 10 back to 1 in 45 minutes. I was severely disappointed again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: daytripper05]
    #8571019 -
Log in to view attachment

Violet Hill reminds me of Phil Collins to a degree...lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Coldplay Album/Music Industry [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8571186 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Coldplay is a band of talented musicians who make tastefully arranged music full of really pleasant harmonies and melodies and whose vocalist really can sing with emotion. I understand them not being people's bag, but they far from suck. They just got too famous too quick and didn't handle it well. The way the music industry is set up now, bands get bigger far quicker than they used to, and it's a real testament to each group to see how they handle that. It turned Chris Martin into a jackass. Oh well. They still make decent music.



Sums up my feelings towards Coldplay perfectly :thumbup:


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 10:55 AM
by OJK
* Hating popular music.
( 1 2 3 all )
Innvertigo 7,402 47 03/18/04 10:06 PM
by oDin
* I want to make music...help!
( 1 2 all )
Spiffy 2,252 21 12/01/04 04:19 AM
by stefan
* best psychedelic albums? NiGGy 3,494 19 04/29/03 12:40 PM
by gnrm23
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* Abbie Hoffman album (mp3s)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,670 22 09/27/04 08:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Alan Watts - "This Is IT!" (album) LearyfanS 2,768 13 04/05/05 12:15 PM
by Learyfan
* RunDMT's Music suggestion thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
RunDMT 30,174 133 09/11/07 04:08 PM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,024 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.