Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Love
    #838095 - 08/23/02 12:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I wanted to post this in hopes to inspire and aspire. me and some buddies went down to a low key beach to drink last night, before we got down we stopped and made a fire. we just talked about all kinds of shit and then headed down through the spooky trails toward the beach. as we came out into the clearing my breath was completely taken away at the stunning beauty of the night sky. it was at that point that i realized i was in heaven. i ran to the water for the sheer joy of running my hand through it, i was almost in tears. next i picked a handful of sand and let it slide through my fingers, everything seemed metaphorical. it was then that i realized eternity and how beautiful and endless the universe was, i felt so small and i liked that feeling, i felt that there was an infinite amount of space to explore and that i was the traveller. nothing meant anything and that was the beauty of it, a partadise of the mind, a physical feeling of ecstasy, the purist, clearest, most transparent state imaginable. Everybody basically professed their love for each other at that point and we had become one, infinte energy.

The trippiest part of the night occured right infront of my buddies computer last night. I could never dance worth shit my whole life. my buddie kyle is like man check this new aphex twin song out, it is the theme song to terminator 3. It was so weird, that beat was otherwordly, we just started jumping around and before we know it i was having the time of my life and i was dancing really weird but it was cool, there was alot of rave elements in my steps. i always wanted to be able to dance like that, its like a dream come true, seriously. i use to do affirmations on it.

I guess the overall message here is its time to stop arguing over who has the best ideas and start making love, not war.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Love [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #838148 - 08/23/02 12:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That is exactly what we should do. Make love, not war. Life is meant for living and loving. It's so good.

But at the same time...with no bad, would the good really be so good?

--------------------

OfflineStainmeblue
Got my own cowpasture
Loc: fl
    #838843 - 08/23/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

only if everyone felt this way...i would think i was in heaven

--------------------
poop

Anonymous

#839715 - 08/24/02 05:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting thread Vibrant.

Some use the existence of such feelings/thoughts as circumstantial evidence for the existence of God. I cannot think of another reasonable answer to such feelings/thoughts.

Sounds like you had a great night. I am happy for you.

Cheers,

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: Love [Re: ]
    #841528 - 08/25/02 02:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man,
Those are all beautiful thoughts and feelings, ones which I too have felt. What I find to be a terrible sadness in these thoughts is, that our world is degrading so much, we are killing off this infinite beauty, our plants and animals, in favour of civilisation, progress, production, demand, which makes me sad, that the world is losing its beauty to the stupidity of humanity. I love being in the wild, in 'nature', with the plants, and creatures, it is so beautiful, so vibrant and refreshing and alive. Life is beautiful, the path which we are directing it down, however, is not
By the way, I like your nicname, vibrant is a cool word and it's good for describing life.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Love [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #841559 - 08/25/02 03:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i remember a time recently when i felt like crap all day and i didnt know why
i was living at my old apartment at the time and was surrounded by houses, cars, and bitter looking people all busy doing whatever...

then i went to these woods nearby and felt this awesome peacefulness wash over me as soon as i entered them and became surrounded by nature. i actually began hugging trees and thanking them for just being trees, heheh. it was wonderful

i think its sad how society seems to base things only on progress that can physically be seen or scientifically proven

some things just make us feel good and there will never be a pie graph to document that.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #842066 - 08/25/02 12:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My goal is to feel the way you did that night........EVERY NIGHT.

It's all in the mind.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Love [Re: Learyfan]
    #852784 - 08/30/02 09:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That is my goal to.
Thats why I left the rat race, and live in nature.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Love [Re: LOBO]
    #852800 - 08/30/02 09:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Some use the existence of such feelings/thoughts as circumstantial evidence for the existence of God. I cannot think of another reasonable answer to such feelings/thoughts

i don't see how having a revelatory experience is evidencec for the existence of "God." a more reasonable explanation would be that these feelings/thoughts are proof of humanity and the biochemical/existential situation that characterizes it. this explanation draws on known facts and has no recourse to speculation about this amorphous nebulous "God." of course you didn't define "God." Perhaps you define "God" as "anything that makes me feel like more than a human" or "anything that makes me feel really really happy, wise, intelligent, etc." If this is the case then i suppose you are right...people do have these feelings so there must be a God. And Santa Claus must exist because i see him at the Mall every year.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #853138 - 08/30/02 12:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a Good night.....

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: Love [Re: ]
    #853411 - 08/30/02 03:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tell me brother...were you created to make me laugh? because the more you say your say, the funnier you become.
then i stop and shake my head....are there really people out there so un evolved that they would pick a post on LOVE and spew filth?
ah, se la vi, there is no hate. just the absence of love. maybe you need some love in your life?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology