Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: ]
    #1729821 - 07/19/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

this really makes me think about the unqualified endorsement of tripping that I usually make.... if this fellow had never come across tripping, might he not still be alive?

not to mention the repercussions this couls have for the shroomery. I know that if a family member had posted a final goodbye on an internet message board I'd be rather interested in reading it and most likely chastizing those who shared lifestyle choices with that family member.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Malachi]
    #1734816 - 07/21/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have been away from the forums for a while, stuck thinking to myself, i have been real happy lately with a great outlook on life and I couldnt wait to return to the S&P forums, as i got here i got news of this... Kinda killed any joy i have been having. Vibrant was a smart, intellectual man with great ideas and could relate with us all wich is why i am saddened, angry, and most of all scared. Scared of facing death when it comes, and knowing that maybe you dont know anything. I can hope, pray and have blind faith, but who knows if that is enough. I know its our loss more than his, and that he is, always was, and always will be part of us all. RIP

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1734894 - 07/21/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

this really makes me think about the unqualified endorsement of tripping that I usually make.... if this fellow had never come across tripping, might he not still be alive?

Vibrant made his choice, shrooms are not to blame, but it is wise not to endorse them.
If some one wants to experience them they should find the shrooms on there own.

We don?t know what was going on in his spirit to take that decision, for all we know like some one said he was going to die anyway (tumor) and choose to go out of this world with dignity.
We all feel a bit of sadness even thou we barley knew him because, it suddenly reminds us of our own mortally, in his final act he gave us all a gift.
Thank you and farewell brother.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: tak_old]
    #1735620 - 07/21/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Now think this out...ViBrAnT's death is a greater loss to a bunch of computer-jockies who never met this man in reality, than to ViBrAnT himself??!!!!! This is absurd, and you are confused. The man was still ambulatory and mentally lucid. Remissions do occur. He could have stayed with the Shroomery for the most intense Trip Report we have ever seen - the report of physical death. The man needed emotional strengthening to face death. We all do, and we need to select the source of that strength. Suicide means the fear of life outweighs the fear of death. I have known a couple of people who jumped to their deaths, and I remember bits and pieces of what they said and how they were beforehand. Sorry, but this is not an optimal way to die to this life.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1735700 - 07/21/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If by "tripping," you mean going crazy, getting all f**ked up, becoming a lazy, stupid psychedelic-taking bum who has come to believe that 'nothing matters' because THAT is the nihilistic lesson [s]he learned from taking psychedelics - then I suppose you'd be right.

What if, by taking psychedelics, one's eyes are opened to Ultimate Meaning, to purpose in life? What if one's Psychedelic Experience fuels an inner fire, a passion for Truth - an ardent desire to Know Reality, and one blossoms into the fullness of Human Beinghood?

I know both kinds of people. Shall we put the blame on the psychedelic, or the responsibility on the taker, to take the Sacred Substance with the intention of becoming a better human being? To go out-of-one's-mind with fear of the unknown, and decide to suicide, is not honorable from my perspective. Fear is a bad trip, and we can ask for help in order to dispell fear, even mortal terror. I don't want to see anyone go out like this. If you don't want to be kept alive with machines, then write a Living Will with an order not to resusitate. If you need to have pain-stilling drugs, then take them. Aldous Huxley's wife Laura kept injecting Aldous with LSD-25 on the day he died. She guided him by reminding him of the Clear Light, just like he wrote about in 'Island.' If we are given the possibility of a conscious and non-violent death, we must avail ourselves of it - for ourselves and for the edification of those watching us.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1735718 - 07/21/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

for ourselves and for the edification of those watching us.

Ditto.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1735866 - 07/21/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Sure, it's tragic... but all this attention and talk is exactly what Vibrant wanted. Ego.

I think you mean: all this attention is exactly what Vibrant needed.

Why would he kill himself to feed his ego off other's condolences? His ego is dead.

He did not kill himself because he wanted attention. He killed himself because he lacked attention, like most suicides.

I don't think Vibrant could have cared less about what good things people would say about him after he died. He was undoubtedly in pain, and he needed a way to ease that very pain. I'm not saying death was the good and only choice, but a desperate being takes desperate measures.

Suicides aren't selfish; we all have a right to die if we want to. The people who want their close ones to stay alive at all costs so their little ego doesn't have to deal with the pain of seeing them die are.

Sclorch, judging by your posts, I can safely say that you're an intelligent person, but I think you lack understanding of Vibrant's situation. He made a choice. It's a sad end to a sad story, but I respect his decision. It's not my right, or yours, or anybody else's, to keep him alive. It's our right to help him, but not to stop him from taking his own life.

My condolences to his friends and family.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Meph]
    #1745778 - 07/24/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Most the people I know who get this kinda feeling out of psychedelics have always thought in this manner. This is probably what lead them to psychedelics, so its inevitable.

Sometimes the fear of life does outweigh the fear of death. Is that so wrong? Just because the majority of people are scared of death, and are absolutely hung up on thier own life, doesnt mean its right.

Vibrant knew what he had in store for himself, and was obviously satisfied with what was to come. He physically hurt no one buy himself in his venture into the whole. I am sad to see him go as he was a great person and its our loss, however that is the process of life.

If I ever came to the point where I thought death would be better than life I would die too. Call it selfish, call it the easy way out. You too will die, we all will. Some sooner than others, but that doesnt make it wrong. We are free individuals and each person should have 100% control of thier life, and be able to do whatever they want with it without criticism aslong as they dont harm another living object.

Vibrant will always be here with us all. Peace

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Quadrant6]
    #1745829 - 07/24/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You are hurting 'another living object' when you kill yourself. Namely all of your friends and family. I didn't know him, but I hope he finds what he was looking for in the next life.

OfflinesTePpInGoNsToNeS
Influ(x)
Loc: Canada
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: shakta]
    #1746572 - 07/25/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i'm sure mike would appreciate all of this... but many of you are far from the truth, he had no tumor (read that post again but don't think of a tumor as in cancer) and he did not need anybodies shoulder to "cry on"... i'll make this simple and state it so:

he could go very far, with or without drugs- and i think (in my opinion) that he went too far, though he did not kill himself then, it was after many many times of reaching "it" "the end" (or whatever you want to label it) that he felt too detached from societel life in a physical body to ever return... this is how it seemed to me, he had an amazing mind and would be able to have understandings much further then conceptualization, and he also had the ability to have fun, which is why i am left with so many questions, it seems so fucked up to me that he'd just go and do it like that... sure we had talked about death and suicide many times but to actually have the driving force behind you to actually do it?... it was something he never had before

something had to happen, something very intense had to happen to push him to the edge... and that is what i will never know

---i'd like to remind those who need reminding that he was a very intelligent person who knew the consequences to his actions...--

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1746643 - 07/25/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
If by "tripping," you mean going crazy, getting all f**ked up, becoming a lazy, stupid psychedelic-taking bum who has come to believe that 'nothing matters' because THAT is the nihilistic lesson [s]he learned from taking psychedelics - then I suppose you'd be right.

What if, by taking psychedelics, one's eyes are opened to Ultimate Meaning, to purpose in life? What if one's Psychedelic Experience fuels an inner fire, a passion for Truth - an ardent desire to Know Reality, and one blossoms into the fullness of Human Beinghood?

I know both kinds of people. Shall we put the blame on the psychedelic, or the responsibility on the taker, to take the Sacred Substance with the intention of becoming a better human being? To go out-of-one's-mind with fear of the unknown, and decide to suicide, is not honorable from my perspective. Fear is a bad trip, and we can ask for help in order to dispell fear, even mortal terror. I don't want to see anyone go out like this. If you don't want to be kept alive with machines, then write a Living Will with an order not to resusitate. If you need to have pain-stilling drugs, then take them. Aldous Huxley's wife Laura kept injecting Aldous with LSD-25 on the day he died. She guided him by reminding him of the Clear Light, just like he wrote about in 'Island.' If we are given the possibility of a conscious and non-violent death, we must avail ourselves of it - for ourselves and for the edification of those watching us.

Obviously vibrant was merely experiencing. If you're not scared you don't know a damn thing about tripping.

[edit: this is a thread to be let in peace]

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Edited by MAIA (07/25/03 02:59 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #1746909 - 07/25/03 02:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you're not scared you don't know a damn thing about tripping.

What?!
I've only been really scared ONCE. My only bad trip... due entirely to the people around me (read: setting). Every other trip has been very UNscary.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1747176 - 07/25/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh. I'm sorry you've been so unsuccessful. I actually get off though, so yeah, fear is always in the corner. it's not like I necessarily succumb to it.

there's a really good kesey quote about fear, but I'm too lazy to go look it up. something about a magnifying glass.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #1748320 - 07/25/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh. I'm sorry you've been so unsuccessful.
So, to you, being scared = a successful trip?

I actually get off though, so yeah, fear is always in the corner.
What do you mean by this? "Get off"?
What have I told you about posting while you're half awake?

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1748488 - 07/25/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone who walks the spiritual path eventually knows teh extremes of both the positive and negative.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Grav]
    #1750003 - 07/26/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I hope he's new reality is one that he finds confort in.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Murex]
    #1752742 - 07/27/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Wow...

Very sad news, and yet, I can't help but admire him in some way.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflinepermaFRY
youngstonerwithguitar
Loc: right now i'm in TEXAS bu...
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1960711 - 09/28/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

VIBRANT seemed from what I've read to be experiencing the SAME things I'VE experienced from mushrooms/psychedelic drugs. My vision is staticky wavy sometimes unreal trippy wierd. On that quote that EGO loss LEADS TO SUICIDE....i wouldn't DOUBT THAT ...not that it's ALWAYS true but from what i've EXPERIENCED EGO LOSS IS A TWO WAY ROAD on the one hand you HAVE ENLIGHTENMENT, PEACE, Love for all living things...on the other hand You can FEEL A L I E N A T E D , SEPARATED from people...you may feel like your living inside a GAME or MOVIE ... things may BECOME MEANINGLESS, i've had FLASHBACKS while straight and it sometimes SCARED THE SHIT OUT of ME UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE EVER HAS, the fear of INSANITY the fear of NEVER COMING FULLY DOWN AGAIN....the feeling that YOU HAVE SCREWED YOUR MIND UP and now have OPENED a DOOR in your MIND THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE OPENED and now you have to DEAL with the CONSEQUENCES. It's like you realized HEAVEN before you should have...and you are CAST OUT into MENTAL HELL. The HEAVEN BECOMES HELL, THE UNITY makes your sense of SELF disapear into ISOLATION...the feeling like your a robot and you REALIZED YOU and EVERYONE are ALL ROBOTS in an FAKE meaningless world. You see everyone living their lives and playing their PERSONALITIES and you feel like you HAVE NO IDENTITY OR PERSONALITY and when you TRY TO FIT IN you feel like YOUR PLAYING A GAME. IT's what is described in the TIBETAN BOOK OF THE DEAD the BUDDHIST book ...as THE LOWEST LEVEL OF THE REBIRTH AFTER EGO LOSS...the LEVEL OF PSYCHOSIS OR MENTAL HELL. I WITHOUT QUESTION BELIEVE THAT THIS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH HIS SUICIDE ....REPLY....TO ME...SOON OR EMAIL
smokeloc007@hotmail.com

--------------------
i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: permaFRY]
    #1961977 - 09/29/03 04:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, everything is meaningless, our life is exactly like a movie. And everything that we do is some sort of game.

You can either take that as a negative thing or as a positive thing. It is all outlook. Everything is meaningless, so therefore I am free to make my own meaning. Everything is a game, and games are played because they are fun.

And their wouldn't be fear, seperation, and alienation if it was true ego loss. Those things are directly related to the ego.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract