Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Remembering ViBrAnT
    #2381433 - 02/27/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone remember the wonderful thinker that used to hang out at the shroomery with us-ViBrAnT? I was just thinking about the day he died and how big of a deal it was. Just wondering if any other people here still miss him..I kinda do even though i didnt really personally meet him.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: Astrok]
    #2381947 - 02/27/04 04:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#2382216 - 02/27/04 09:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: ]
    #2382331 - 02/27/04 10:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Mr_Mushrooms...

You shouldn't think that you failed.  It is a terrible, heart-wrenching tragedy, but you did all you can do and you should not place blame to yourself or others.  Vibrant made the choice that he did and it is so sad, but *he* did it.  You did all you can do and you and others are compassionate, wonderful people because you tried to help.  But in the end, nobody could help Vibrant but *himself*. 

:heart:

Please don't blame yourself.  :heart:

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2382368 - 02/27/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

WTF?

I don't remember him dying.

Why are all but three of this posts gone??

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: MOTH]
    #2383182 - 02/27/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was also saddened by his passing though I did not know him.

If I am not mistaken, I believe that it was Mr_Mushrooms who either came up with the idea or was instrumental in getting the Support Group Central Forum started as a response to either Vibrant's or another member's death. I think it was a great idea.

Despite our current friction, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr_Mushrooms for being there for me when I went through my "dark night of the soul". Day or night, he was there for me when I wobbled on the edge and he steadied me.  :thumbup:

That is the best we can do for one another: compassionate listening. No one is strong all the time despite outward appearances.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2383586 - 02/27/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Aw man can anyone fill me in, I remember seeing that name here in my early days posting. Must be quite intense to lose a great thinker of this board. How did you guys find out?

Sometimes i wonder if i die today will the world have any reminants of my ideas and the things i thought about. I think if i was to die today you guy's would probably never now............

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: Spokesman]
    #2383627 - 02/27/04 04:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Which is why you should go out in a blaze of glory with lead flying everywhere instead of on your couch from a heart attack, beer and chips in hand.

Seriously though and not to slam anyone here, but Vibrant exhibited strong symptoms of mental illness long before his demise (from this layman's perspective) some of which included unusual supernatural beliefs. This is one of the reasons (I also lost an acquaintance in the Heaven's gate group suicide) I lobby hard for clear-thinking instead of mere adoption of far-out ideas.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: Swami]
    #2383643 - 02/27/04 04:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

He was good peoples.

Anonymous

Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: Swami]
    #2383907 - 02/27/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinesleepysmoker
Stranger

#2384318 - 02/27/04 07:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm kinda depressed all of a sudden. It feels as though i have done something wrong. I guess i just asked for
too much info and i got it. The whole problem is not the info but my lack of mental stability, i have such grander
visions than i could ever attain in this lifetime due to lack of focus.

for anyone that wants to know what god looks like, look at an atom. you will notice the souls or protons or
whatever circling the neucleus but still part of the one like all being revolve around the centre of the universe,
a tiny molecule in the infinte body of god. some protons are circling the through the necleus or source, those
souls would be expereincing oneness with god, which i can attain in a matter of minutes and hold for as long as
i wish. you will also notice that life is eternal through this realization. even if you were to die right now
and enter a self created hell it would be your choice to move out of it, experience oneness and thusly cycle back
into physicality to experience your next grandest vision.

mastery or full realization is attained through constantly experiencing the oneness,, there is one catch however,
and that is skitzophrenia/insanity whatever which is why a master should be saught. I have become lost in some
weird world of witches and goblins and shit and my head is completely fucked. everything is breathing and i am
starting to get hallucinations/delusions, however it is still bliss because of my higher knowing, it is mastery
which i cannot attain with this body. so i have basically said fuck it and i will probably end up in a mental
hospital.

if you want to know the future of planet earth, it is over. the goal now is ascension. the highest realization
is transcendance or attaining liberation with the physical body, highly evolved societies, this cannot be attained
with the depleted energies of this planet, mother earth has been too damaged. you will ascend unto new earth and
cycle into the oneness an exsist their as long as you choose before humans decide to inhabit another physical
demensional planet, and the cycle will begin again and hopefully we will get it right this time. that is the
reason for the pyramids on mars, failure to experience a planet of transcended masters or a highly evolved society.

as your awareness increases i say again be careful. imagine living in the windowlicker video by aphex twin,
the hall of mirrors, this is what i experience constantly, even looking at money, it is my face on the money.
I see my reflection in the walls of my house because what do the walls of my house contain, atoms. i can see
energy.

as you evolve further you will realize that your brain takes information in through the five senses, even your
memeories are generated this way, your senses are the illusion, you must move to your inner senses or energy
centres to connect to god. in the peace and quiet moving away from requirement will you experience these truths,
you just have to love and shut up your mind. if you move far enough away from your senses you will realize that
you are made of shape, sound, and light(color) just like the wall you are looking at, it is your senses which are
seeing that wall as seperate, the wall is god, do not be surprised if the wall starts talking to you either.

what does mastery look like? imagine a painting infront of you, and you are holding the paintbrush, i have
glimpsed this with marijuana and of course mushrooms and even mildly while sober. you would realize that space
does not exsist and you would be completely attuned to your sixth sense, you would be able to see and manipulate
energy, and of course you would realize and see with your own eyes as i have that we are all one. you would never
curse another soul cause you would see with your own eyes as i do that it is you staring back, you would
essentially move into the experience of god, the whole point of life both physically asnd after death id not
attained in physicality, and the cycle would start over again. many od you have understood that even the universe
is expanding and will one day contract, life is is not in doubt, ever. life is beautiful except i am not here
right now to become a master, i am a bringer of the light and insane. I am so close to mastery, yet so far away.
maybe a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. anyways my buddy says hi, kyle, trippiest guy i know.

peace>

that was his final post. it was the first of his i had read, and it hit me harder than any other post i have ever read. when i found out he had killed himself i felt more for him than i did for any of my relatives who have died in the past.

matt

Offlinesleepysmoker
Stranger

Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: sleepysmoker]
    #2384326 - 02/27/04 07:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

maybe we can all take his suicide as a warning to always be cautious and aware of what exactly it is we get our minds into.

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: sleepysmoker]
    #2384631 - 02/27/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"i am a bringer of the light and insane."

i used to bereged under a different name back then...i remember him. yeah, he did have some far-out beliefs...
i hope he has found whatever he was looking for

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: ]
    #2384648 - 02/27/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I too was guilty of doubting SteppingStones when he brought news, and voiced my opinion as such, much to my current regret.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2384734 - 02/27/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yes i remember vibrant, though I think I was just lurking mostly back then.

this guy really scares me because I see so much of myself in him. There but for the grace of circumstance, go I myself.

I know this sounds cynical, but however I turn it around in my mind, I come to the conclusion that the main reason why most people don't kill themselves is fear. I guess vibrant was less afraid than most of us, but who knows whether his gambit paid off.

happiness is an ethereal state of mind that can sometimes be difficult for those of certain biological and psychological configurations to access. These people do not see the world through the same eyes as everyone else. They are in constant pain. They may be closer to the truth than anyone else, but it does them no good here, in this baizzaro world where good men are nailed to trees and evil men live in luxury, controlling entire populations and driving the world down the sinkhole.

Some people are more sensitive than others, and end up taking on far more emotional burden than one person can carry. With so many people on earth shirking their empathic duties, there is much left undone that needs to be done. And this can drive someone astute enough to observe this mad inside.

Sometimes intelligence surpasses the ability to communicate with, or even focus on the mundanity of evereyday reality. For people with these abilities, words are like cheap, crappy imitations of the thoughts they represent. These people have no respect for the specific situational parameters because they are always thinking at a more universal level. Its difficult, thinking in terms of the universe, and yet being confined to a tiny planet amongst its vast sea of galaxies.

and so, I submit to you this: Perhaps if vibrant hadnt taken his own life, he wouldn't be vibrant. Indeed, many human lives seem to be like quick burning flash powder. Its not there for very long, but while it is there, its influence is impossible to miss. I remember lou reed once described jimi hendrix as a thin wire with too much current running through it. Those wires burn brightest of all, but they burn out quick.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2384819 - 02/27/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i started post here right when he died.  I lurked for a good year before hand I must say that it was a really sad.  never had a conversation with this guy, but you really don't need to when the impact of a death still hits you the same. Even though I never chatted with him, he was brilliant and it was heartbreaking to see him go the way he did.

peace and love

:heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Re: Remembering ViBrAnT [Re: kaiowas]
    #2386495 - 02/28/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks to all of you for sharing what you believe in this matter. I beleive that everyone here at the Shroomery is very smart and has a load of potential. Anyone here could easily become a writer, mycologist, or anything else that they choose to pursue. Thanks again guys and stay strong, cause in the end I know that it will pay off for all of you. Peace.

Long live Vibrant

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology