Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Over the counter MAOIs
    #8301597 -

Do you fine folks know of any MAOIs that are available without a prescription, hopefully that would be widely available at my local neighborhood pharmacy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8301614 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor#List_of_MAOIs

doesnt look like any of those are gonna be obtained without a prescription.

looks like natural sources are the best bet.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: dysphoria]
    #8301639 -

Yeah I checked that. I'm researching on Erowid and here right now.

I just need something to potentiate a trip basically.

But you probably guessed that. :imslow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: dysphoria]
    #8301644 -

Maybe there's an alternative for the reason you need it, care to share?

If it's a depression thing, there are supplements that can help out your serotonin production.


--------------------
"The most violent element in society is ignorance." -Emma Goldman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: Bandersnatch]
    #8301651 -

Bandersnatch said:
Yeah I checked that. I'm researching on Erowid and here right now.

I just need something to potentiate a trip basically.

But you probably guessed that. :imslow:



I didn't, i figured that type of drug would help coming off another one...not intensify it.

the supplement 5-HTP might help.


--------------------
"The most violent element in society is ignorance." -Emma Goldman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: SeattleLove]
    #8301666 -

if its mushrooms you wish to potentiate, theres that old thread mentioning black currant juice with lemon juice or something. supposedly kicks some major ass, but untested by me.

dunno about much else about potentiating other tryptamines though, sry


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: SeattleLove]
    #8301689 -

Yeah, I believe 5-Htp breaks down into serotonin in the body. I know people use that to preload for taking MDMA. I will be taking mescaline which does act on the seratonin receptors but I don't think increasing the amount of seratonin in my body will help potentiate the trip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: dysphoria]
    #8301691 -

Passion Flower and St. John's wort are reportedly two MAOI's you can find OTC. As to their efficacy, I don't have a clue.


--------------------
"Think for yourself and question authority."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over the counter MAOIs [Re: Cow Shit]
    #8301738 -

I read about passionflower and am going to look for it. It is supposed to be fairly mild however.

I've also heard St. John's Wort is an MAOI but it seems it is very weak. I will also look for that.

Apparently, tobacco contains harmala alkaloids which should be MAOIs. No wonder cigarettes seem to "kick up" a trip, but that could also be the stimulant effect.

Any other ideas for potentiating a mescaline trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Too Many Supplements?
( 1 2 3 all )
Almond Flour 4,796 52 09/24/09 10:03 AM
by rodfarva
* best supplements for speed crashes???
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
nowwhoutthink 3,034 89 11/09/09 07:13 PM
by nowwhoutthink
* which do you enjoy more: dopamine or seratonin?
( 1 2 all )
csrpj 1,728 22 01/30/10 01:16 PM
by BiG_StroOnZ
* Foods containing MAOI's? SneezingPenis 14,277 15 02/15/20 12:58 PM
by BANANA.MAN
* What's something that boosts your serotonin levels?
( 1 2 all )
Liquid_Dimension 3,192 23 08/29/07 06:37 PM
by daytripper05
* What supplements/vitamins/herbs do you take?
( 1 2 all )
Twirling 5,307 33 04/04/08 04:11 PM
by boxcarguy07
* ponderings about low seratonin and sleep truekimbo2 732 14 08/01/10 03:42 AM
by truekimbo2
* Serotonin and 'shrooms breasticle 1,325 3 06/11/06 06:29 PM
by breasticle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,308 topic views. 2 members, 12 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.