Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: Enthrall]
    #11110457 - 09/23/09 02:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

lol...excuse what seemed like harsh language. I do like to promote the use of caution (not fear, just caution), and knowing the dangers of substances that CAN be possibly dangerous. I'm not saying it's all bad, but it's definitely something the user should be knowledgeable about. That is all

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#11110463 - 09/23/09 02:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yerba mate is serious business :crazy: I think he was comparing coffees effects to yerba. In terms of stimulation.

--------------------

InvisibleblewmeanieS
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11110537 - 09/23/09 03:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
it was a joke

Falling into the hippie trap is no joke.:nonono:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11110543 - 09/23/09 03:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if he uses a mason jar to help wash all those supplements down

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleblewmeanieS

Folding@home Statistics
    #11110548 - 09/23/09 03:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No way, he drinks out of a gourd bro'.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

#11110553 - 09/23/09 03:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone really:

tHERES A BIG PROBLEM with taking random supplements.

Instead of yerba mate try drinking some maté tea in the morning instead of coffee, its a much smaller jolt to the system, yet great tasting and refreshing.

You dont need vitamins unless you have an identifiable deficiency.
Many multivitamins are such bull shit you wouldn't believe.
First if you dont by the most expensive ones (time release) your body will only absorb what it can before you piss the rest out. Most of the claims on the bottle are FALSE! They may mix up the said quantity of ingredients but what goes into an individual pill varies wildly. A whole bottle of pills may only have trace ammounts of what they claim should be the RDA for a specific ingredient. It's alright for them, they legally arn't required to back up their claims unless they claim that the pill will treat or cure an illness.  Read that again.

Whats worse is people that self proscribe themselves fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K)
They dont get pissed out, and if you take to many of certain ones, they can actually become toxic.   

Is there a specific reason ya'll are taking supplements?
Im really curious to see if you think your getting some long term benefit, im willing to bet none of you are. 
Almost every american diet is full of vitamins. They enrich common food sources with everything you need.
If your eating two bowls of cereal and two servings of meats (fish/steak) a week your getting more than enough of every maintenance vitamin.

There are a few V's that are commonly depleted by illnesses or in certain population groups, any of which you would be aware of already. For instance women over 40 should probably seek out sources of calcium because they are at risk of becoming deficient. Thats why there are so many products enriched with calcium like cereal, milk, and orange juice just to name a few.

The rest of you are literally pissing away your money taking centrum equivalents.
Many of the feel good supplements have strong affects like Yohimbe, ephedra, DHEA, creatine, and maté, but if you don't work out whats the point of taking them? Your basically either gaining fat production, ability to stay awake when your muscles are pumping to many toxins, or your just going to retain water.

many problems are person specific like when Daryl Kyle's heart exploded from working out on mega doses of ephedrine.

If your really concerned about your body make sure your eating fish once a week and pleanty of green leafy vegetables (raw.) Most supplements dont contain the nutrients you can get from eating salad... period.

Bottom line: if your in america and you eat regularly you have NO NEED FOR EXTRA VITAMINS.

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: rodfarva]
    #11110580 - 09/23/09 03:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
but if you don't work out whats the point of taking them?

Bottom line: if your in america and you eat regularly you have NO NEED FOR EXTRA VITAMINS.

You do realize the brain is like a muscle too right?

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #11110586 - 09/23/09 03:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am well supplemented with MSG, hydrogenated oils, and high fructose corn syrup

fuck yea

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11110592 - 09/23/09 03:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

rodfarva said:

Did that statement have a point?

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
    #11110678 - 09/23/09 04:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

rodfarva said:

CLEARLY, the point is that even if you don't work out physically. The fact that you use psychedelics or any substance for that matter, is almost like working out your brain. Therefore meaning, you will actually utilize the extra vitamins, supplements, nootropics whereas a person who doesn't experiment with substances won't.

Vitamins and Supplementation is very important, you just have to be cautious. It is a part of harm reduction.

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

InvisibleblewmeanieS

Folding@home Statistics
    #11110795 - 09/23/09 05:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You really are from Florida.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11111435 - 09/23/09 10:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

rodfarva said:
Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

rodfarva said:

CLEARLY, the point is that even if you don't work out physically. The fact that you use psychedelics or any substance for that matter, is almost like working out your brain. Therefore meaning, you will actually utilize the extra vitamins, supplements, nootropics whereas a person who doesn't experiment with substances won't.

Vitamins and Supplementation is very important, you just have to be cautious. It is a part of harm reduction.

Wow, im surprised im humoring this one. Comparing the brain to a muscle is like comparing a processor to a hard disk. They're both inside the white case right?

The only supplements iv'e heard anything positive about concerning drug use are these:

Take a good B complex vitamin if you DON'T EAT regularly and do nitrous.
I've also heard/had success with b vitamins after long binges while altering my diet or not eating for three + days.
Im not saying it kills hangovers, but one less thing ya know...

Second, if your going to bring up 5-hydroxy-tryptamine- i will say i like taking it. I think it has a noticeable effect on mood when im tired, and on my appetite. I think there is a one or two day loading period, before any noticeable effects, and your again PISSING AWAY YOUR MONEY if your not buying the >$30 bottle of the XR 5HTP. (as with any other supliment except vitamins A,D,E, or K. )

You anti-grammaticaly brought up harm reduction. Which harms are you referring to, because i havent seen any conclusive analysis about drugs causing vitamin deficiencies on their own. Other than the nitrous thing, or certain Pharm's that are by no means recreational. Sometimes you will find highly deficient junkies, but the drug didnt cause it, the drug caused them to not eat. (Meth, H, blow.)

If you eat cereal, red meat and occasionally fish %95 of you are getting all of your vitamin needs, AND THEN SOME. Even if you take drugs and shit.

If you want to "work out your brain" try some books. There aint nothing you can buy at a pharmacy to increase your penis size, brain function, or complexion.

Dumb shits (not saying you are, just guessing you are) out there will buy almost anything. 
I've seen people take vitamin E for their skin, dumbfucks... there is no benefit from an excess of metabolized vitamin E, It only may help if applied directly to the skin.

Every major vitamin outlet sells Co-Q10 otherwise known as Ubiquital. No one is quite sure of a complete list of what the body needs this for but one thing is for sure: ITS EVERYWHERE! Fuck me, it's even called Ubiquitol as in UBIQUITOUS - ITS FUCKING EVERY WHERE. Even some starving somolian has a similar % of Co-q10 as you, yet they sell millions of $ worth. People in this country are serious sticks.

--------------------

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#11111491 - 09/23/09 11:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There is some serious vitamin discussion going on in this thread. And not one person has answered my main post :sad:

......Im gonna go drink some Chamomile out of a mason jar :rockon:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlinerodfarva
Male

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11111512 - 09/23/09 11:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:jacked: This is my thread now biotch.

--------------------

Offlinereliantself
No. 24601
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #11111530 - 09/23/09 11:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The yerba got me through college. We've even pushed that through a cappuccino machine and it gets you ready to party (or to sit in the library for hours, which is also cool). It can jack up the machine and shoot hot-water everywhere so don't clog the thing too full.

As far as my being helpful to this post...

I also take p-flower, l-theanine, valerian, and chamomile. I haven't noticed any adverse affects but I do worry about the liver and kidney's from time to time. When i take all of those I sleep like a rock and have really vivid dreams (which lately have been involving zombies).

--------------------
<I need something profound so my internet friends will think I'm smart>

Offlinereliantself
No. 24601
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: reliantself]
    #11111538 - 09/23/09 11:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

BTW:

Theanine and valerian are supposed to start working after you take them for a while. So don't expect anything right away. Maybe that's just what the sellers of these products want me to think.

--------------------
<I need something profound so my internet friends will think I'm smart>

Offlinerodfarva
Male

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: reliantself]
    #11112024 - 09/23/09 01:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

loading periods cant usually be avoided by taking time release capsules (more$)
Only certain chems like creatine have tru loading periods by nature.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11112398 - 09/23/09 02:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
And not one person has answered my main post :sad:

I may not have directly answered your question but I did try to contribute. See my post about the too much ginger root leading to feeling like I was having an all day heart attack for a week, I could hardly even swallow water my esophagus hurt so bad. And yes, some herbals are contraindicated, especially with frequent use, so get to know each of them

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (09/23/09 02:33 PM)

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11112533 - 09/23/09 02:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Tea said:
And not one person has answered my main post :sad:

I may not have directly answered your question but I did try to contribute. See my post about the too much ginger root leading to feeling like I was having an all day heart attack for a week, I could hardly even swallow water my esophagus hurt so bad. And yes, some herbals are contraindicated, especially with frequent use, so get to know each of them

For real, did you not read the fucking information i took an hour out of my day to present you.
You are now on my un-grateful bastards list.

heres the simple version:
Multivitamin: usless/dangerous due to fat soluble V's issue and lack of accurate concentrations
also lack of benefits due to no known depletions and probably lack of time release ( you piss %90 out )

Mild MAOI's: If you have a sensitivity you will fuck yourself up hard if you start eating pills everyday.
            If your not sensitive a prolonged use may lead to systemic problems up to or including death.

Do not combine these supplements heavily with any tryptamines.
Dont combine with theanine for that matter. Thats my opinion, i really dont feel like maping out the metabolic pathways for you.

Just use low dose alternatives like mate tea, or yohimbe HCL.
watch your heart rate and blood pressure.

Now answer my questions up there ^^^ ungrateful bastard.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #11112637 - 09/23/09 03:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I just take a multivitamin and some extra b-12 for energy.

I doubt the shit is even helping me any, nothing has really changed that I notice and I've been taking them for about 4 months now.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom