Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: highdroponics]
    #11112677 - 09/23/09 03:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
I just take a multivitamin and some extra b-12 for energy.

I doubt the shit is even helping me any, nothing has really changed that I notice and I've been taking them for about 4 months now.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: rodfarva]
    #11112710 - 09/23/09 03:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You'd have to know me to understand that fully, I'm very unhealthy looking which is why I started taking them, to hopefully help my system figure out whatever the fuck it's trying to do.

I look like a chemo patient is what people tell me, very pale and skinny and I know for a fact that my lifestyle really isn't that unhealthy, everyone around me drinks every night as well as smoke cigarettes, I do neither plus I work out and eat healthy on top of it, something is wrong and I have no time or money for doctors.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11112991 - 09/23/09 04:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
You'd have to know me to understand that fully, I'm very unhealthy looking which is why I started taking them, to hopefully help my system figure out whatever the fuck it's trying to do.

I look like a chemo patient is what people tell me, very pale and skinny and I know for a fact that my lifestyle really isn't that unhealthy, everyone around me drinks every night as well as smoke cigarettes, I do neither plus I work out and eat healthy on top of it, something is wrong and I have no time or money for doctors.

I could walk you through a few simple (free) steps to identifying a nutrient deficiency.
Stop the random vitamins, if they help you got lucky, thats their potential, and it sounds like you need to worry about $ more than gambling on V's  :/

If you want to take this seriously, i can within the next month analyze what you give me (takes hours...)
You first need to keep a journal for a min of a week (try for 14 days.)
Record, literally everything you eat, smoke, absorb, shoot, and drink in your journal.
Say what time of day, and record when you sleep and work out briefly each time. 
record your weight at the same time each day (you pick, just keep it the same.)
Tell me your hight, age, ethnicity, and any known illness or conditions that run in your family.

I wont try to diagnose whats wrong with you, that would be highly irresponsible of me.
What i am willing to do is speculate as to if you are deficient in a vitamin or nutrient as related to your diet/lifestyle. You could be deficient in something because of an ailment in which case i would not speculate and you should see a Dr. If i can tell you your diet is complete for most people in your demographic, the trip to the Dr. is what you need.

Perhaps your calorie intake and physical activity level is the problem, if thats the case i know easy ways to improve dramatically within 4 weeks even.

Do you think you would make an honest attempt and listen to what i have to say?

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #11113051 - 09/23/09 04:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You kiddin me? I'd do just about anything to look and feel healthy again, I'm tired of feeling this way.

Already started.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11113091 - 09/23/09 04:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

alright, im willing to help with what i can. Pm or start a new thread when your ready.

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
    #11114269 - 09/23/09 07:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
Wow, im surprised im humoring this one. Comparing the brain to a muscle is like comparing a processor to a hard disk. They're both inside the white case right?

The only supplements iv'e heard anything positive about concerning drug use are these:

Take a good B complex vitamin if you DON'T EAT regularly and do nitrous.
I've also heard/had success with b vitamins after long binges while altering my diet or not eating for three  days.
Im not saying it kills hangovers, but one less thing ya know...

Second, if your going to bring up 5-hydroxy-tryptamine- i will say i like taking it. I think it has a noticeable effect on mood when im tired, and on my appetite. I think there is a one or two day loading period, before any noticeable effects, and your again PISSING AWAY YOUR MONEY if your not buying the >$30 bottle of the XR 5HTP. (as with any other supliment except vitamins A,D,E, or K. )

You anti-grammaticaly brought up harm reduction. Which harms are you referring to, because i havent seen any conclusive analysis about drugs causing vitamin deficiencies on their own. Other than the nitrous thing, or certain Pharm's that are by no means recreational. Sometimes you will find highly deficient junkies, but the drug didnt cause it, the drug caused them to not eat. (Meth, H, blow.)

If you eat cereal, red meat and occasionally fish %95 of you are getting all of your vitamin needs, AND THEN SOME. Even if you take drugs and shit.

If you want to "work out your brain" try some books. There aint nothing you can buy at a pharmacy to increase your penis size, brain function, or complexion.

Dumb shits (not saying you are, just guessing you are) out there will buy almost anything. 
I've seen people take vitamin E for their skin, dumbfucks... there is no benefit from an excess of metabolized vitamin E, It only may help if applied directly to the skin.

Every major vitamin outlet sells Co-Q10 otherwise known as Ubiquital. No one is quite sure of a complete list of what the body needs this for but one thing is for sure: ITS EVERYWHERE! Fuck me, it's even called Ubiquitol as in UBIQUITOUS - ITS FUCKING EVERY WHERE. Even some starving somolian has a similar % of Co-q10 as you, yet they sell millions of $ worth. People in this country are serious sticks.

Do you really believe everything you just wrote? You sound like a complete pretentious know-it-all, when the reality is you have your own opinions and nothing more than opinions, yet you state them as facts.

If you know anything about supplementation, then you know what's important and what isn't. What supplements are considered protective, and increase neuro-protectivity thus improving harm reduction and what supplements don't. What supplements everybody should take daily, and what supplements people shouldn't even bother with. However, if you actually believe half the nonsense you wrote, then I feel sorry for the people you give advice to.

Don't go around spreading your opinions as facts... it's lame, and you don't even go about it in an educative manner. You just ramble incessantly, meandering along, not really getting across any valid point other than your arrogance.

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

Offlinerodfarva
Male

Re: Too Many Supplements? [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #11114993 - 09/23/09 09:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have college professors telling me things, you have what GNC sales people? Randoms at the gym? Health food store?

If my professors are wrong please tell me how, i would love to stump them.

Quote:

You sound like a complete pretentious know-it-all, when the reality is you have your own opinions and nothing more than opinions, yet you state them as facts.

Ok, now i know what i sound like.. Sooooo which part was wrong exactly?

hmmm...
let me ask you about this then:
Quote:

If you know anything about supplementation, then you know what's important and what isn't. What supplements are considered protective, and increase neuro-protectivity thus improving harm reduction and what supplements don't. What supplements everybody should take daily, and what supplements people shouldn't even bother with. However, if you actually believe half the nonsense you wrote, then I feel sorry for the people you give advice to.

Name one supplement that is "protective" and "increases nuro-productivity." And leave the hippy bull shit out, im talking about a peer reviewed source that isn't related to a web site trying to sell you teh snake oils.

If your deficient in an enzyme or vitamin or mineral supplementing may help.  I said that. Now establish a problem in someone BEFORE you try to fix one.

Wait, why am i arguing that shot you took at me? you haven't made a relevant case against me whatsoever.
If im wrong lets hear what you think "every one should be taking daily."
I REALLLY want to hear this.

be careful because im intending to tear you up.

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11115160 - 09/23/09 09:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/11/hfh.supplements/index.html
Quote:

What's the opinion of someone in the know, certified fitness nutrition coach and personal trainer Alyte Piedra? "I don't really encourage supplements for my clients," she said. "Instead I try to get them to get their nutrients from their diet."

Sound familiar?

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11115192 - 09/23/09 09:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

heres some "" from nutrition.gov
http://www.nutrition.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=11&tax_level=2&tax_subject=393&level3_id=0&level4_id=0&level5_id=0&topic_id=2041&&placement_default=0
Quote:

It is true that healthy individuals can get all of the vitamins and minerals they need from a well balanced diet.

Quote:

There are two groups of vitamins, water-soluble and fat-soluble. Water-soluble vitamins (the 8 B vitamins and Vitamin C) can dissolve in water and be excreted by the kidneys. Water-soluble vitamins are not stored by the body (except for vitamin B12, which is stored in the liver). Fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) dissolve in fat and are transported by fat in the body. Excess fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the liver and fat tissue, and are not excreted by the kidney. Because of this storage, they can build up to toxic levels if too much is taken, especially vitamins A and D.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/supplements/wiseuse.htm
Quote:

Keep in mind that although many dietary supplements (and some prescription drugs) come from natural sources, "natural" does not always mean "safe." For example, the herbs comfrey and kava can cause serious harm to the liver.

Quote:

Be aware that an herbal supplement may contain dozens of compounds and that its active ingredients may not be known. Researchers are studying many of these products in an effort to identify active ingredients and understand their effects in the body. Also consider the possibility that what's on the label may not be what's in the bottle. Analyses of dietary supplements sometimes find differences between labeled and actual ingredients. For example:

An herbal supplement may not contain the correct plant species.
The amount of the active ingredient may be lower or higher than the label states. That means you may be taking less—or more—of the dietary supplement than you realize.
The dietary supplement may be contaminated with other herbs, pesticides, or metals, or even adulterated with unlabeled ingredients such as prescription drugs.

Im waiting for your recommendations with glee.

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
    #11117414 - 09/24/09 05:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rodfarva said:
I have college professors telling me things, you have what GNC sales people? Randoms at the gym? Health food store?

hahahah college professors knowing about supplements/nootropics... just dumb man

and .gov websites...

omg, cnn too...

and to top it all off:

Quote:

rodfarva said: be careful because im intending to tear you up.

just wow, you're completely hopeless

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11117582 - 09/24/09 07:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

there are a lot of people in the united states that eat shit, and for them, taking a multi-vitamin is a good idea. they are also good for kids who are growing.

but rodfarva is right the majority of the vitamin/supplement industry is a ripoff.

you know how that first piss after you take a vitamin looks like mountain dew? that's the vitamins getting flushed out of your system. the vitamins you paid $20 for a month's supply.

--------------

tea: those supplements are relatively safe together. excluding the yerba mate the active chemicals are very mild, if not completely placebo, and the active chemical in yerba mate is caffeine.

you are going through caffeine withdrawal.

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
    #11117820 - 09/24/09 09:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

rodfarva said:

hahahah college professors knowing about supplements/nootropics... just dumb man

:Lolwut:

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#11118279 - 09/24/09 12:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You do realize that stating im wrong with out saying why is basically just flaming?

If im really hopeless then why did you bother to respond :shrug:

The sad truth is, even if many people can benefit from some magic you believe in,
the vast majority of people that try it are at an unhealthy weight, or otherwise sick all
the time, not doing well at work etc..

They buy the snake oils instead of working out, living clean and healthy lives, and working harder.
"Hey look this pill makes your brain work better......................................."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom