Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDreamWaves
Stranger
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: incubaby_421]
    #8248976 - 04/06/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I just wanted to say to one person who said drugs are illegal because society makes them illegal. Thats not true, one bit.

I'm gonna make this quick and simple.

Drugs, are illegal, because the government(who ever that is) makes ALOT of money, on the war on drugs. Makes you think about the war in iraq huh? Its the same thing. If there is money to be made, they're there doing it.

Drugs are not illegal because people are concerned for our health obviously, because if that was the case cigarettes and alcohol would have been removed long ago.

The more inmates in a prison, the more money these powers make. So get as many inmates in for what ever you can charge them for. Which is teh reason a majority are in for drugs. Half, just drug possesion, not even selling.

Its bullshit. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: DreamWaves]
    #8248992 - 04/06/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This post is 3 and a half years old, you know.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8249534 - 04/07/08 05:37 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

shhh, entertain the thread.
he's 24 and we're just babies, dont you know?

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinesoundtrance
di actyl more fien
Male User Gallery

Loc: ocala, FL
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #8250659 - 04/07/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Its the people that dont know what they're doing and take psychedelics just to get fucked up. i hate people like that. kids always try and buy shrooms off me and i simply just say no you don't know what your fucking with

--------------------
"Our parents found themselves, we are finding each other"

:bigweed::mushroomgrow::cubie::mushroomgrow::flyhigh::lsdabc::tee:

Edited by soundtrance (04/07/08 04:42 PM)

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: DreamWaves]
    #8250699 - 04/07/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MikeTarr said:
Drugs, are illegal, because the government(who ever that is) makes ALOT of money, on the war on drugs.

yuuuuuuuup. all the people that grow mushies and weed and sell them work for teh government.

--------------------
omg really?

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: impgl]
    #8251010 - 04/07/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
Quote:

MikeTarr said:
Drugs, are illegal, because the government(who ever that is) makes ALOT of money, on the war on drugs. 

yuuuuuuuup. all the people that grow mushies and weed and sell them work for teh government.

lol i dont think thats what he meant.:)

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: Fluxburn]
    #8251445 - 04/07/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Yah that is right. Psychedelic drugs are illegal because people do they with reckless irresponsibility. If you have to defend yourself against this comment the you are exactly who I don't like. Your the reason why they are illegal. If you read this and say oh that doesn't apply to me then you are on my level. Just like the stupid alcoholic that can't handle his shit and gets DUI after DUI, I don't like you morons who use psychedelic drugs and give us credible users a bad name.

I think that psychedelic drugs should be treated with utmost respect and that the users should have higher standards. This way we can be looked at by society as better then alcohol because all the idiots can just drink and ruin thier lives.

So could all psychedelic drug users that are irresponsible either A. change your behaviour to highly responsible or B. go find another place to make yourself look like shit because we don't need to look like shit as a community.

Thanks.

Ignorant post.

People use many things irresponsibly, that doesn't give the government the right to take the freedom of the responsible users.

I don't agree with irresponsible use, I don't agree with scapegoatism either- whether it's the government using drugs to justify cultural oppression, or a self-righteous user claiming irresponsible users justify the government's actions.

No, people don't have the right to use drugs in a manner that puts others in harms way. No, the government does not have the right to oppress me for the actions of another. No, one wrong does not make another right.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: Fluxburn]
    #8251529 - 04/07/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

OP you are pretty conceited and self righteous it is none of your business what people put into there bodies and how they use those chemicals. What you view as irresponsible some people view as fun and what you view as enlightening some people view as crazy.

BTW I don't use psychedelics to have fun I would but I never do have any fun while taking them I take them to perform psychological research on myself, but I don't cry about the way others use these drugs nor do I feel I am any better than they are (which you obviously do).

Live and let live, and don't use the government banned drugs because of you speech. My state made salvia illegal for no reason other than it will "mess you up" and make you think different. They are just fascists and you are doing exactly what they want putting the blame on the people they are trying to opress.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8251567 - 04/07/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Lol I didn't notice at first that this was a 3-year-old post!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8251578 - 04/07/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This poll is dumb.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #8251715 - 04/07/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've used psychedelics recreationally, and it often resulted in spiritual benefits.

These separations are artificial and childish.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8251725 - 04/07/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window, psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong, and government and society spend a lot of money educating you into being a loyal worker, consumer, debt payer and citizen."

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: asian_raggs]
    #8251784 - 04/07/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice. Where did you quote that from?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: asian_raggs]
    #8251820 - 04/07/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

asian_raggs said:
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window, psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong, and government and society spend a lot of money educating you into being a loyal worker, consumer, debt payer and citizen."

Wow that quote is probably the most accurate reason I have ever heard for psychedelics being illegal. Who said that?

Offlineasian_raggs
Stranger
Male

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: rick0909]
    #8251935 - 04/07/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Terence McKenna

Invisibleleoside
AKA cannon fodder
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: rick0909]
    #8251942 - 04/07/08 06:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thats probably the most retarded reason to be honest.

The government isnt scared of hippies tripping on acid changing their mind about stuff :foreheadslap:

--------------------
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

#8251950 - 04/07/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That, I believe, would be Terence McKenna.

EDIT: beat me to the punch.

EDIT AGAIN:

Quote:

leoside said:
Thats probably the most retarded reason to be honest.

The government isnt scared of hippies tripping on acid changing their mind about stuff :foreheadslap:

Enjoy having no idea what anyone including yourself is talking about.

Edited by Phonerothyme (04/07/08 06:31 PM)

Invisibleleoside
AKA cannon fodder
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: Phonerothyme]
    #8251977 - 04/07/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

So I take it your government told you this then?

Or is it a theory.. kinda like all the 9/11 ones out there?

--------------------
I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

Invisibleleoside
AKA cannon fodder
Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: leoside]
    #8251985 - 04/07/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Im not convinced that its true, explain to me why its obvious that the government is scared of people "opening their eyes" without using the words "man" and "like".

--------------------
I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

Re: You shouldn't do psychedelic drugs, you're the reason why they are illegal in the USA [Re: leoside]
    #8252024 - 04/07/08 06:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Truly successful slavery requires people to enjoy their servitude.

--------------------
http://erothyme.net

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds