Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Blazed cats and dogs?
    #810171 - 08/11/02 05:03 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was wondering if it's actually true that pets do get high when you blow smoke so they can inhale? I always wondered... My pitbull loves the smell of mary jane. Everytime I spark it up he sits right in front of me, staring at the pipe.

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOdhinn
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: Hashbury]
    #810198 - 08/11/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

im not sure, but i think i gave my buddys cat the munchies

we were out in his orchard smoking a few Js and one of his barn/field cats comes up and we start supermanning it. after we let the poor thing go it sat down and ate grass till we took it home.

...... maybe i should get my dog stoned

--------------------
horse poop = goood

OfflineSick_Of_It_All
All Of It's Sick

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: Odhinn]
    #810248 - 08/11/02 05:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think they get high. They have the same chemicals in their brains as we do so I don't see why THC wouldn't have any effect on them. My g/f's cat always gets high with us, he enjoys it. When he gets high he always has the same routine, go eat and drink, run all over like a psycho then lay down and go to sleep.

Anonymous

#810267 - 08/11/02 06:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure they do.. I got my dog high once and he chased his tail for a while, something I've never seen him do.. and actually looked stoned, and had dry mouth (he was licking me with a rather dry tongue..). I could be wrong tho, I was high as hell at the time..

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#810672 - 08/11/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A friend had a pet raccoon who would always come out of hiding whenever someone was toking up. If you were passing a spanker and didn't blow some smoke his way he would bite you.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: groingrinder]
    #810892 - 08/11/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's fucking crazy man...But I believe it. Animals, more often then not, seem attracted to the sweet, sweet sent of cannabis. I guess I don't blame them though

--------------------

OfflinePoolShark
Mushroom Farmer

#811029 - 08/11/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I do that to my goats. Now whenever me and my buddy go back there and they see smoke, they run up to us. Hell before they wouldn't let us stick a joint in their face, now we can practically stick one up their nose lol. Its funny what them shits do when they?re stoned. Like how they get munchies. They go around eating whatever the hell is on the ground even goddamn plastic bags lol.

--------------------
PoolShark

Remember, Every thing I say or write is not based on facts or reality

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: PoolShark]
    #811076 - 08/11/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

LoL that shit is funny dude

does everyone know what a shotgun is? take the joint or blunt and blow a shottie right to the animals dome. they're scared at first...but then they want it. and it's MUCH better than just blowing used up, second hand smoke in their faces.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Anonymous

#811195 - 08/11/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have a couple friends who have gotten their dogs stoned. One of my friends blows smoke into his dogs ear to get him stoned, and now his dog loves weed. He shows many signs of being stoned, including zoning out, and he walks sideways when stoned. It's pretty funny and his dog is 10x cooler now that it is a stoner dog. I'd never get my dogs high... they are hunting dogs and seem to be happy enough sober.

Anonymous

Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: PoolShark]
    #811202 - 08/11/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My buddy's dog does this.. We smoke outside his barn and if the dog smells/sees us she runs up and sorta jumps on us and we blow smoke in her face. After we're done smoking she follows us around and stuff.. Its neat.

Offline_VisioN_
The Crying Orc
Loc: Valhalla
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: felix]
    #811218 - 08/11/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

100% sure they do

-Vision

--------------------
ShRoOmZ
Long live...METAL!!!

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
    #811422 - 08/11/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i know by a fact they do. i get my dog stoned all the time. once i was breaking up a fat 20 sack i had then the door bell rang i didn't think anything of it and went to answer the door the only problem was my dog stayed in my room and ate my whole sack except for a lil bud. i came back in the room to find the dog munching down. I was so pissed. But that night my dog couldn't even stand up. if i would barley push her she would fall over she walked sideways and she could just sit there without falling. then my lil sister was all whats wrong with the dog is she sick. she was tripping she started crying cause she was so worried so i had to tell her the dog ate my sack and is only really stoned she got all mad at me. it was so fucking funny but it would have bee more funny if my damn dog wouldn't have been so stingy and shared lol. dogs get higher then humans.

i gave my dog a 1/4 hit of acid once to. it ran into walls and sat there and barked at the wall for like to hours then just kinda triped all night it was the funniest thing i have ever seen. my next flush i'm going to give my dog a couple mushrooms she how she'll react to that when i do i make a post i'll try to take pics to so look out for the frying dog. lol

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: ]
    #811430 - 08/11/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think it does something..

MAybe gets them a little high or something, cuz I always blow smoke in my cats face and he always seems different afterwards..

Peace..

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: MadDhAdDeR420]
    #811478 - 08/11/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

HOLYGOD MAN! Feeding the dog some blotter? Damn, I don't know if that's cruel or funny.. I mean, weed they can handle at a decent dose but fuck ..a whole bag of grass and some lucy! haha! Deffinitly post when your dog stumbles into the shroom gods. That shit will be interesting. peace dude

--------------------

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
    #811513 - 08/11/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

well it was a punishment at first because she bit me but it turned funny. lol and the whole bag of grass and blotter was two diffrent incodents if it matters lol. but yes deffinatly i will keep you posted.

but do you think she will get hurt cause i thought about that when i gave her acid thats why i only gave her 1/4 a hit insteed of the whole thing. maybbe 1 dry gram of shrooms would be enough unless 3 dry grams won't hurt her then i'll give her more lol

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: MadDhAdDeR420]
    #812080 - 08/12/02 04:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

your gonna end up warping your poor dogs mind. I'm asking you PLEASE DON'T, your dog can't ask you this ,so I 'm asking for it. Humans can make a choice, pets cannot.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
    #812295 - 08/12/02 06:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I can't say for sure if they get high from second hand smoke, but lemme tell ya about what can happen if they eat it. Two stories:

1. Was making a butter extract for later baking use, and when I was done, I pitched the so-called 'spent' weed outdoors, where our shepard-mix hound immediately pounced on it and chowed down. W/in an hour he was toast. Couldn't walk straight, chased his tail a bit (though he fell down a lot), and would lay on the ground making the weirdest noises (kinda like me, actually). He was not in pain or distress, because he kept wagging his tail and bumping and rubbing against us (when he could walk).

2. We'd just made a pan of 12 special muffins (1/2-oz used), and had one each for quality testing. They worked fine, but when we let one of our mutts in (different from #1 above) unsupervised, she knocked down the pan and ate the other ten. She was OUT for about 24 hours and we could only speculate what must've been going on in her head...considering that one of these muffins worked well for a 200-lb guy, 10 in an 80-lb. dawg must've been a wee bit interesting for her....

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

InvisibleWe_come_in_peace
old hand

Loc: Alpha Centauri
    #812321 - 08/12/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Fuck we had this huge ass party. Everyone who smoked up that night gathered around my buddies Cockateels bird cage, and blew hits right at the poor fucker. That bird was going nuts. In the morning we woke up and found that fucker stiff as a board, DOA. Well at least it was high before he passed on.

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: We_come_in_peace]
    #812606 - 08/12/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hahah, I can't wait until my kitten is a little bit grown up. How old does a cat have to be before it's cool to make him stoned and it not effect his brain? I know my crack-head cat will flip.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: Blazed cats and dogs? [Re: nezshoo]
    #813301 - 08/12/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I imagine you should wait until it's at least full size, just to be safe. But you should smoke in front of the kitten so it gets used to the look and scent.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom