I was the one who posted the thing about the girlfriend... she's the Chinese girlfriend featured in other threads. kidaihuan here.
Personally, since I'm in a country where I don't speak the language of the majority, I spend a lot of time not communicating with others and it is only made worse by the fact that I'm studying now over the internet. No communications there either.
Sometimes, when I haven't talked to my girlfriend in a while, just to make things more interesting I start talking to her in my head and I run through every possible scenario possible and find out how we would both deal with it. Sometimes I get so upset by it though, I start to believe this scenario could be a likely answer for a particular past event and I start seeing it as a reality.
It's not that I feel like this conversation itself actually happened in reality, it's that the things that I imagined could have led up to it (the unknown factor) could have actually happened.
I guess it has caused a lot of drama in my imaginary life, some with my girlfriend, but not much, since I've usually been able to shake myself into reality before I said something too stupid. Although it does make me quite unhappy... it's just a way of filling in blanks and keeping my mind busy.
I would definitely like to be rid of it and I have been more and more successful with that now that I have a more reliable relationship with her, so I'm glad. I've only had this happen when I thought about her. Odd, maybe. But she really has been my life. I guess before when I lived with a female friend, since she was basically my only communication (again... living in China), I also had the same type of thoughts.
Strange and sometimes I consider myself crazy, if I go to far with it, but having conversations and scenarios in your mind by itself isn't something you should consider yourself crazy for. Just if it becomes reality.
|