Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Loc: NY
That "coming home" feeling...
    #733708 - 07/09/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everyone. I have seen mentioned in a few places a feeling of "coming home" when tripping. I have heard it talked about when someone hasn't tripped in like 5 years, and when they trip again..they feel like they are coming home, or revisiting a place. I've always wondered what exactly it is, and when this feeling is felt. In 'Third Eye' by Tool, I have read opinions that MJK is referring to returning to a sober, in-control state of mind after an LSD trip, and its been interpreted that he is finally in the LSD-state of mind once again after a long time. I am not saying I agree with these interpretations, but I'd like to hear what you think. One time after having 2 green gel-tabs, I sort of went into a bad trip, where I didn't really know what the hell was going on, and wanted to see things from a sober view again. When I finally came down, I felt as if I was returning somewhere I longed to be. Hopefully I won't get flamed by everyone because you think I'm on crack, its really hard to describe what I mean. Please, if possible, clear up what exactly these references of "coming home" mean, and where they come from. Thanks alot.

"Came out to watch you play, why are you running away?" "So good to see you once again, I thought that you were hiding, you thought that I had run away, chasing a trail of smoke and reason."- Third Eye

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: That "coming home" feeling... [Re: flanders53]
    #733731 - 07/09/02 10:50 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know the feeling you speak of. I feel both at home when I trip and when I become sober, hehe.

Try listening to "Home Again" by the Disco Biscuits... cool song.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #733750 - 07/09/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I got that "coming home feeling" today on the bus home after work . I was just really glad I have a comfortable home to go to after I missed the first bus. Ya ya I know I interpreted your post literally as physically coming home but what the hell. Just imagine what it would be like if you had no home...no place of attachement to a certain lifestyle to go back to.

Maybe your feeling of "coming home" on shrooms is that attachement to the sober mental state. I see it this way, mushrooms are sort of like a vacation for your brain, and eventually you wanna come back home where you belong.

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
It's just the opposite for me [Re: flanders53]
    #733751 - 07/09/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't get that feeling every time I take shrooms, only on real large doses. But what happens is just as I'm starting to plateau I feel engulfed in chaos...sorta like all of the sudden I become completely aware of absolutely everything going on around me (especially stuff that I normally can't precieve like energy waves and shit) And it's just like this huge tsunami crashing down on me, and all at once I'm yanked into the undertoe and tossed around like fuckin tissue paper or something. Then as if by instinct I simply pull myself away from all of that, and I find myself in this increadibly simple environment. It's just a basic white room with no doors or windows or carpets or lights or nothing...all there is is a small round table with a few of my closest friends sitting around it playing cards, and they always great me like some long lost friend that disapeared years and years ago and is just now returning. After a moment or so I forget all about my life back on Earth and I just join in on the game, like I had never even left. It's the coolest feeling cause whenever I'm there I feel completely at peace and just totally at home with, well, wherever the hell it is I'm at. And it's not untill I start comming back down from my trip and begin phasing back into reality that I start feeling out of place again. So for me it's pretty much just the opposite of what you said.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: It's just the opposite for me [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #733766 - 07/09/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

and all at once I'm yanked into the undertoe and tossed around like fuckin tissue paper or something.
Hehe, nice description

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Re: It's just the opposite for me [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #733804 - 07/09/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Actually mystical, your description may be similar in some parts to mine. This acid trip was nuts, for a while I felt in chaos, like reality and history and everything but the present were so far away that they'd never return, and when it did..I felt sort of similar to the way you did. Thanks for replies!!

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #733948 - 07/09/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean. When it is a smaller more "in control" trip I always feel like "ya, I am back where the fun of subjectivety exsists!" and when it is a bigger trip I am always feeling great when I come down.

I think my mind really likes being sober. Sobriety is a habit I am trying to break.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #735834 - 07/10/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I feel it more as a sense of "how - and when - did I forget ALL this?!" It is a sudden, excited recall of the timeless be-shroomed mode of reality.

I think we're all closer to this state-of-mind as children, so the feeling of coming home and sudden remembering probably has a lot to do with genetic memory ... we USED to see and experience things in much the same way, but we have forgotten and the mushroom takes us back. Sometimes happens with acid as well. Could be genetic - could even be species memory for all I know.

Wonder and terror. Gorgeous, scary intensity. Subject and object, together again for the very first time.

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #735943 - 07/10/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My quote =) It's a very bad written description of an intuitive mental image I had on my first shroom trip. I understood how there could be nothing and something at the same time. I can only barely recall a memory of that realization now though...

Anyways, it is my opinion that the "coming home" feeling is just the understanding that from the moment you are born to the moment you die you are always in one place. It's easy to forget that though, seeing as how we are constantly moving around.

That doesn't make any sense to most people.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Offlineflanders53
enthusiast
Re: That "coming home" feeling... [Re: Chikhai]
    #736807 - 07/10/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Great replies everyone, thank you. I myself have yet to experience what I can truly say is the feeling of returning or coming home to something while tripping. Good description by the way Landotter. Happy trips.

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: That "coming home" feeling... [Re: the_Landotter]
    #737268 - 07/10/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I have always believed that children were closer to the idea of Cosmic Oneness and the like then anyone else. I have spoken with Zen masters who believe that children under seven are more enlightened than most people could ever hope for. SImply because their perspective is so untainted.

I once had a trip were I suddenly thought I was back as a kid in my old home town. Suddenly I remebered the way it smelt and the way it looked, I think your vision is much more vibrant as a kid, and I have been told by Zen masters that they believe this to. Once again because kids notice little things in nature since they are more in tune with themselves.

Anyways, this all can be debated and probably even will be but it is my opinion and by no means absolute fact.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder