Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
One day fast
    #6898450 -

Well I'm 22 hours into my first one day fast, and feeling pretty good. Concentration and awareness is very high, it's almost like the come down off a psych trip. I have researched the benefits of fasting for one day every week, and many people notice definite mental and physical benefits including brightened mood, less anxiety, more immunity to physical and mental disease. I also read somewhere that this increases dopamine levels in the brain - certainly feels like it!

One day fast


--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: onlynow]
    #6898552 -

Not eating for 24 hours isn't a very hard task. Unless your thinking about it I guess. I can't even count the number of times by super time I'll realize I haven't eaten yet that day.

I guess fasting might remove unnamed "toxins" from your body. But not drinking water just seems silly to me. I'd at least drink distilled water because it's essential to all most if not every bodily function.

Routine and consistent healthy eating have always made me feel the best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: musher_420]
    #6898582 -

Drinking water is fine during a fast... for longer fasts I would probably drink juice. I think it is healthy to allow the body to breathe, give it a rest from all the food it constantly processes. And I think that fasting can help me to maintain a healthy diet, or give me more motivation to start eating healthier you know? Just like how it is supposed to help overcome addictions.


--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: onlynow]
    #6899364 -

I fast all the time, except its more like "oh shit im not going to be able to pay rent. Guess im not eating this week." I cant wait till july when I have a better paying second job. Being poor sucks.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6899411 -

Fasting :thumbup:


--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: onlynow]
    #6899506 -

I'm on a one month slow. :evil:

Seems pretty easy so far.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: Diploid]
    #6899577 -

i am going to try this 1 day fast per week thing.

i think I will make Saturdays my day of fasting.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: Syle]
    #6899727 -

I like fasting on Sundays; I sit in my room and read and do yoga, and usually experience states of consciousness that are very pleasant and fascinating. :thumbup:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One day fast [Re: musher_420]
    #6899833 -

musher_420 said:
I guess fasting might remove unnamed "toxins" from your body.



I was on the lemonade diet for awhile. Basically, it's a 7-day fast where all you eat or drink is this nasty drink of lemon-juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. The point of it was to remove all of the antibiotics and toxins from my body. However, I had to do it for seven days... I don't think that fasting for one day would remove all of the toxins from your body. Not saying that it's a bad idea, it's just not that good.


--------------------
YIPPIE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My fasting experience. 7 days without food. HagbardCeline 1,035 6 02/07/04 09:01 PM
by MrGrib
* Fasting Metasyn 648 5 12/30/02 02:10 PM
by Swami
* am I a fasting wimp?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
Icelander 10,496 251 12/23/06 12:29 AM
by Chazzersize
* Fasting to connect with god
( 1 2 3 all )
freddurgan 2,370 57 08/18/07 09:17 AM
by backfromthedead
* Fasting (another attempt)
( 1 2 all )
Syle 1,999 23 11/07/06 07:41 PM
by Icelander
* Fasting SlvrZeta 1,055 15 09/18/07 01:04 AM
by Grok
* Fasting this weekend clone 412 2 07/29/05 09:10 PM
by clone
* how fast are we really moving? Scratcher 499 7 01/23/08 09:24 AM
by BlueCoyote

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
690 topic views. 2 members, 4 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.