Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Losing some weight, in one month.
    #6319502 -

Hey, Im 5'7, not done growing, around 150 pounds. I'm not huge, by any means, but I definitely have a decent amount of flab I could get rid of.

I'm going on a trip in one month to the carribean and was thinking it would be cool to see if I could lose some weight for it.

I drink pop about every day, it seems, about a can a day. I don't do all that much physical excercise, though I will be skiing twice a week all day and hard for the next month. I also have long days, but just at school and such, not too much physical activity.

I don't eat breakfast, and could start, but I don't have much time, so suggestions for a quick, effective breakfast that would somehow help me lose weight would be good. Also, I eat lunch and then dinner, sometimes two dinners, though not huge dinner by any means. I often eat near going to sleep.

Any suggestions as far as what I would have to do to lose an amount of fat that would just take some flab off in one month?

Is this even possible? Is it healthy? Also, I plan on maintaining a healthier lifestyle anyways, and have been making steps towards it recently.

I can't realistically up my physical activity level at this point, because I really am very very busy.

Any links or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6319565 -

Eat breakfast, it gets your metabolism started early, which is key to burning calories all throughout the day. Don't drink pop, and avoid eating so close to bed time. 3 things I would definitely change if I were you.


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: Holydiver]
    #6319577 -

Yeah, those three things I am going to change.

Also, I will try to do 20 minutes of excercise every day, though I don't know if I will be able to.

I'm also going to start drinking mostly water, and eating food that is lower in fat and salts and such, and more raw and lean.

This should be interesting.

Are there any important tips that will help me out?

A good website would help even.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6319586 -

In one month, at a reasonable rate of weight loss, you could lose 4 to 8 pounds.  One pound of stored fat represents 3500 excess calories, so to lose weight you need to either increase the calories you burn (exercise, increase lean muscle mass), or decrease the calories you consume.

I would recommend a high-fiber cereal with skim milk for breakfast.  Kashi Go Lean is tasty & crunchy, and has added protein.  Add a sliced banana or a few raisins if you have time.

Your lunch and dinner should be centered around whole grains and vegetables.  Aim for a ratio of 2/3 grains/veggies to 1/3 meat/protein on your plate.  Raw veggies in a salad or dipped in low-fat Ranch dressing, steamed baby carrots, or even microwaving a bag of frozen mixed vegetables when you're short of time will do.

The basic premise to keep in mind is to choose foods that are high in bulk and low in calories.  Then you will feel full without compromising your weight loss.

This said, I will also recommend that you find SOME way to increase your activity level.  It is very difficult to lose weight (and keep it off) through diet alone.  Even a 10-minute strength workout (use textbooks if you don't have hand weights) in the morning, and a few 10-minute run/walk breaks between classes will increase your metabolism AND raise your energy level.  You will feel better, and be better able to enjoy your active vacation.

Good luck!  :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: Veritas]
    #6319621 -

In four weeks, it should be possible to lose closer to 12 lbs if you do the right stuff, maybe a little more considering the first week you can work out and lose a lot of water weight. The key is not only a diet high in fiber and protein (fiber cleanses, and protein takes more energy for your body to process, therefore the act of digesting protein actually burns more calories) and avoiding white flour, soda, and trans fats (partially hydrogenated soy), but also eating about 6 small meals a day...this keeps your metabolism high all day so your daily calorie burn actually increases even though you eat more frequently. Also, every other day you need to do a weights workout...weight training increases metabolism for up to 48 hours after your workout while cardio only boosts your metabolism for a few hours post workout.
If you can't find a good circuit training weights program (key word "circuit" training) PM me and I'll send you a good one that you can tailor to your needs...I swear the weights won't make you bulk up, rather they will make you LEAN. 12 lbs is NOTHING with this plan.


--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #6319654 -

I think that 12 lbs. (8% of his total body weight) might be an unrealistic 4 week weight-loss goal. To lose weight (and keep it off) weight loss should be slow and steady. Sudden weight loss triggers survival mechanisms in our body, slowing our metabolism to avoid starvation during a perceived famine.

BTW, I lost 35 lbs. over the course of 8 months & kept it off for three years. I recently lost 6 more lbs. (and two clothing sizes) through an intense 8-week aerobic and strength-training program.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: Veritas]
    #6319692 -

Oh shit! My bad I misread the 150lbs., yeah 12 might be a little out there but even so, the first week is usually a banger week and then you can healthily drop 1-2 lbs a week after that depending on how much flab you actually have (and only you know for sure) Veritas, good call on the percentage of total body weight, I need to read more carefully, but I still stand by my 6 small meals and incorporating weight training...I weighed about 240 a year ago and I'm sitting at 180 right now...its incredible how much better you feel when your body is functioning at its best!


--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #6319725 -

Yes, frequent small meals are a great idea. Often a busy schedule precludes this eating plan (it did for me), but you can keep your three meals on the light side & snack on veggies, whole wheat crackers, string cheese, or a piece of fruit in between.

Another item to consider: weight training builds muscle, which weighs more than fat, so often the scale does not accurately reflect the alteration in your body composition. Check the fit of your clothes & measure your progress there rather than on the scale.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: Veritas]
    #6319729 -

Eat breaky, ditch the pop and high GI carbs, do cardio on an empty stomach after downing some BCAA's or protein. A fat burner also makes things farrrr easier.


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #6319730 -

how much perceivable difference would 5 lbs make? I mean how much slimmer will I look? Where will the 5 pounds come from?

Thanks for everything so far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6319754 -

At your height and weight, 5 lbs. should make a perceivable difference.  (I'm also 5'7", and lowered my weight from 135 to 129 this summer--it definitely got noticed.  :blush:)

The general rule of fat loss is "first on, last off."  We have unique genetic patterns of fat storage, but men usually gain first (and most) in the gut, while women gain in the hips and thighs.  You are not overweight for your height, so your "flab" is the result of your body composition, i.e. your body fat percentage is high.

If you lose 5 lbs. through eating a great diet & increasing your activity level, you should zap a good portion of your gut.  :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: Veritas]
    #6319763 -

Yup.

Some water and glycogen will usually go... don't let yourself get burnt out, the fat will come off soon enough. Use a decent fat burner and eat lots of meals to boost your metabolism as well.

I need to lose a little chub too


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: browndustin]
    #6319788 -

What kind of fat burners are there? Im just curious. I know nothing about fat burners.

But yeah, Im not really in any kind of real rush, I just want to start eating and living more healthily, and was more just curious how quickly I would get results.

Thanks for all the information. Im going to go eat some stirfry and go to sleep. Tomorrow I will try and count my calories and do some excercise and eat healthy and such.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Losing some weight, in one month. [Re: michael_lifshitz]
    #6320342 -

Sorry, I'm a little quick to recommend some sort of supplement. Some would say I'm actually very overzealous with that kind of shit, but it's just my personal opinion.

HIIT cardio is said to be really good. I made the mistake of doing too much long distance running which just kind of inhibited gains all together and didn't really cut me up. I just got leaned, no more definition or anything.

As far as counting calories is concerned, just get a feel for it. Know what macronutrients are in what foods, and their respected portions. When you know how to eat properly with balanced, properly timed meals (protein after workouts, carb timing, etc) you can basically eye things out and know what to eat for optimal gains. It comes with time, but just try to eat "healthy", conciously and a smaller amount than your normal maintenence diet and you're set. As little as 200-300 calories with some cardio can melt fat away like you wouldn't expect if you just stay consistent :smile:


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Should I lift weights while trying to lose weight?
( 1 2 all )
Wolfe3001 4,704 23 10/28/04 07:35 PM
by looner2
* What's the best way to lose weight and gain muscle on a limited income?
( 1 2 all )
swm 5,220 27 02/20/05 12:31 AM
by ummikko
* losing wieght
( 1 2 3 all )
domite 8,070 41 10/07/03 08:00 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* Rapid weight loss
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 5,049 29 09/13/04 08:32 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Help me help myself. (Looking for weight-lifting advice) JacquesCousteau 2,838 19 01/10/05 04:07 PM
by looner2
* Desperately need help :-( Freaked out a month after shrooms
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
lucid 42,393 159 08/30/12 09:49 AM
by Sherwin Maxawow
* loseing touch Penroc3 1,566 7 11/27/03 06:10 PM
by sleepysmoker
* I'm losing my mind! audi0lsd 1,874 19 10/11/03 11:43 PM
by enotake2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,387 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.