Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork
Re: ego loss [Re: Cody69]
    #6203091 - 10/23/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I experienced TOTAL ego loss once in my life. When my friend had a vial and spritzed an entire eye dropper onto my tongue. From that instant I could feel it seep through my tongue to my body. That night was pure terror, pure joy, and everything inbetween. I spent a few hours just being. No sense of anything. I lost toch with the entire outer realm and everything I experienced was something else.

Then i proceded to drive home not really looking at the road at all just the carnival of colors made by the street lights. My friend and I are still in awe about that.

moral of story. Make sure you know how much cid you are dropping.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: ego loss [Re: Cody69]
    #6203168 - 10/23/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cody69 said:
not to be a post steal, but if you can achieve ego loss by just spending time thinking and meditating why take mushrooms? Maybe ill post a thread on this.

There is a whole mess of reasons why you might want to still take mushrooms.
Mushrooms, lsd, ayahuasca, etc, can not simply be reproduced to a T by the human mind through meditation or simple intention. Although you can achieve similare states of mind without them.
These drugs have direct actions on the brain that are complex and profound. It changes the way your brain is working in a very specific way depending on what drug you take.

With that having been said, Ego loss is a process. Not knowing what time it is, or how to tie your shoes as quickly is definately a manifestation of ego loss. Ego loss can take over your body and mind completely(ego-death as most people call it), or it can move up and down with the trip but never really reaching ego-death.

Psychedelics are often said to be a tool. One of the ways ego-loss can function as a tool without achieving "ego death" is by giving you a reason to get to know yourself for the first time as you try to hang on to yourself(to aleviate anxiety). Its a natural reaction. It happens to alot of people.

One common scenario: Slowely the trip gets more and more intense and complex as does your sense of self, and just when you think you cant take any more physically or mentally, you accept physical and mental death. (death of your personality and everything you know to be true as you are being taught by the logos, not language or typical analytical thought). You welcome it because you are no longer yourself, you have become more a beam of light than a human being. I consider this scenario to be ego death, although you for example, may or may not have forgotten your name.

I believe ego-death should not lead to total confusion. To be totally unhinged from you mental functions means you are just confused. That is much like being dead. So I see where some of you are coming from.

In my opinion ego loss has many levels, and I guess some people just think of it as all or nothing. In my opinion its WAY more complex than that. I especially disagree with those who think what is basically total and utter confusion is the greatest goal. (ego death)

To me when ego loss gets really interesting is when these seemingly new brain functions overthrow your personality, and although you probably remember your name, you are being taught about truth by the most truthful and organized machine on the planet(your brain which is capable of things so far beyond yourself). Meaning, being taught not by yourself as you know it, but something that instead of words or personality/fractal memory, uses the physical constructs of the brain to teach you thing you would/could never have known otherwise. This place with no words, only logos and geometry, is where entities come into play. I have tripped on massive doses of psychedelics, but I never once forgot my name and have definately acheived what I would consider ego death. I can say that on trips like that I could find my name if I cared enough, but my self has disappeared, and I dont care about my name, I have more important things to do, so much to learn.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (10/23/06 06:45 PM)

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: ego loss [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6203333 - 10/23/06 07:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
***edit*** To those who say it's terrifying; Actual ego-loss is never hell, or negative....the ride up there may be, for sure....esp. if you fight it. However, once you're there, there is no more you, therefore no fear; the concept of fear or hell, or even heaven per say. It's beautiful, blissful...amazing, just pure awareness & consciousness; pure, unconditional Love.

I experienced one very negative feeling trip which I believe was because of me spending the entire peak on the verge of ego loss. If I had just dosed a little bit more, or if I were better prepared and able to let myself go, then it would have been ego loss. Instead I was stuck in that terrified state of clinging to all of the memories I have collected to identify my self. Some label their trips as "ego loss" territory simply because they find they were unable to fully identify with themselves. This is mere confusion rather than true ego loss. If you truly experience ego loss there is no you inside of a container which is separate from your environment. It all dissolves into space and you realize that you are simply awareness within the all.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: ego loss [Re: PowerTrip]
    #6203503 - 10/23/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with YageMan 100% on this.

I have had many incredibly powerful experiences. So powerful that I couldn't walk or talk but that does NOT mean that I couldn't remember my name or why I was feeling that way.

These experiences were completley ego shattering in every sense of the word. I no longer percieved with my ego, I could no longer remember perceiving with my ego, and even if I could I certainly wouldn't have choose to.

Powerful experiences of that nature are like great equalizers. They show you all for what it is. They show you you for what you are and they DO NOT lie. People who do not understand this can get confused and scared but they are only running from that ultimate glimpse of knowledge wether they admit it or not... although it can be pretty damn hard to run on a couple pounds of fresh Cyans!

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

Re: ego loss [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6203548 - 10/23/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Next time I'm tripping on a 4th and hopefully I'll achieve ego loss (though I believe I achieved it on my first trip, which was an 8th)

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: ego loss [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6203598 - 10/23/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

An 8th can be enough to achieve some pretty far out there forms of ego loss.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (10/23/06 08:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order