Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
ego-loss???
    #1424535 - 04/02/03 11:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

okay, could someone please explain to me what exactly ego loss is. i've heard it referred to alot but i am not exactly sure of what it is.....

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: ego-loss??? [Re: kristina420]
    #1424828 - 04/03/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i know its way past REM sleep.

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

#1424937 - 04/03/03 01:43 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ive only tripped once, and i havent experienced complete ego-loss...but correct me if im wrong, guys:
ego loss is basically when you totally lose of sense of who you are, why youre here, who you love, etc.

i think thats a little accurate...add on, please :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinedizzymystic
beezlebub
Loc: the stinkbug moon
Re: ego-loss??? [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #1425041 - 04/03/03 02:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well I don't think I'm really qualified but as i understand the ego it is what makes us partial to our selves, like in buddhism they refer to the ego as being an obstacle to enlightenment because we are out for ourselves. SO in other words its our sense of self....like if you're talking is making me bored it's cause I think you should be saying something interesting to "me"...umm make some sense on shrooms i forget the world as it only applies to me and see how it really is outside myself w/o thinking about how it only relates to me.....umm yeh so thats just my interpretation I recommend buddhists texts they talk about ego and being selfless really changed the way I thought about the world check it out eh....
THe DM

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1425472 - 04/03/03 07:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ego loss, it happens when you no longer see yourself in an I form.
You are one with all, no longer just a body saying i am me.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1425478 - 04/03/03 07:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I believe this is the best explanation i can find:
Please read it.

If we imagine history running back in time, we inevitably come to the epoch of the "big squeeze" with all the galaxies, stars, atoms and atomic nuclei squeezed, so to speak, to a pulp. During that early stage of evolution, matter must have been dissociated into its elementary components. . . . We call this primordial mixture ylem.

At this first point in the evolution of the present cycle, according to this first-rank physicist, there existed only the Unbecome, the Unborn, the Unformed. And this, according to astrophysicists, is the way it will end; the silent unity of the Unformed. The Tibetan Buddhists suggest that the uncluttered intellect can experience what astrophysics confirms. The Buddha Vairochana, the Dhyani Buddha of the Center, Manifester of Phenomena, is the highest path to enlightenment. As the source of all organic life, in him all things visible and invisible have their consummation and absorption. He is associated with the Central Realm of the Densely- Packed, i.e., the seed of all universal forces and things are densely packed together. This remarkable convergence of modern astrophysics and ancient lamaism demands no complicated explanation. The cosmological awareness- and awareness of every other natural process- is there in the cortex. You can confirm this preconceptual mystical knowledge by empirical observation and measurement, but it's all there inside your skull. Your neurons "know" because they are linked directly to the process, are part of it.] The mind in its conditioned state, that is to say, when limited to words and ego games, is continuously in thought-formation activity. The nervous system in a state of quiescence, alert, awake but not active is comparable to what Buddhists call the highest state of dhyana (deep meditation) when still united to a human body. The conscious recognition of the Clear Light induces an ecstatic condition of consciousness such as saints and mystics of the West have called illumination.

The first sign is the glimpsing of the "Clear Light of Reality," "the infallible mind of the pure mystic state." This is the awareness of energy transformations with no imposition of mental categories.

The duration of this state varies with the individual. It depends upon experience, security, trust, preparation and the surroundings. In those who have had even a little practical experience of the tranquil state of non-game awareness, and in those who have happy games, this state can last from thirty minutes to several hours.

In this state, realization of what mystics call the "Ultimate Truth" is possible, provided that sufficient preparation has been made by the person beforehand. Otherwise he cannot benefit now, and must wander on into lower and lower conditions of hallucinations, as determined by his past games, until he drops back to routine reality.

It is important to remember that the conscious-expansion process is the reverse of the birth process, birth being the beginning of game life and the ego-loss experience being a temporary ending of game life. But in both there is a passing from one state of consciousness into another. And just as an infant must wake up and learn from experience the nature of this world, so likewise a person at the moment of consciousness expansion must wake up in this new brilliant world and become familiar with its own peculiar conditions.

In those who are heavily dependent on their ego games, and who dread giving up their control, the illuminated state endures only so long as it would take to snap a finger. In some, it lasts as long as the time taken for eating a meal.

If the subject is prepared to diagnose the symptoms of ego loss, he needs no outside help at this point. Not only should the person about to give up his ego be able to diagnose the symptoms as they come, one by one, but he should also be able to recognize the Clear Light without being set face to face with it by another person. If the person fails to recognize and accept the onset of ego loss, he may complain of strange bodily symptoms. This shows that he has not reached a liberated state. Then the guide or friend should explain the symptoms as indicating the onset of ego loss.

Here is a list of commonly reported physical sensations:

Bodily pressure, which the Tibetans call earth-sinking-into-water;
Clammy coldness, followed by feverish heat, which the Tibetans call water-sinking-into-fire;
Body disintegrating or blown to atoms, called fire-sinking-into-air;
Pressure on head and ears, which Americans call rocket-launching-into- space;
Tingling in extremities;
Feelings of body melting or flowing as if wax;
Nausea;
Trembling or shaking, beginning in pelvic regions and spreading up torso.
These physical reactions should be recognized as signs heralding transcendence. Avoid treating them as symptoms of illness, accept them, merge with them, enjoy them.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
    #1426282 - 04/03/03 03:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i've always thought of ego-loss as that feeling when you are equal to all other things...not better not worse....complete contentment with all things living or not...like you're on the same level as everyone and everything....i love that feeling

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience