Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZombieLuvin
Observant

Loc: Greater Chicago Land
Ego Loss Question?
    #3649305 - 01/19/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I was just wondering what exactly is "Ego Loss" ive heard about it a lot on this site and i was just wondering what it feels like, if its a good or bad feeling, and just waht goes along with ego loss short and long term?

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear, and the oldest and strongest fear, is fear of the unknown... -H.P. Lovecraft

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: ZombieLuvin]
    #3649325 - 01/19/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You become everything and nothing. You know everything and nothing. You feel everything and nothing. You experience everything. You experience nothing.

Edited by SourceLimit (01/19/05 04:32 PM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #3649342 - 01/19/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that sounds about right

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #3649344 - 01/19/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You lose all sense of reality pretty much. It lasts only a few moments of real time usually, although it can subjectively feel like eternities. There is no real way to describe it. Everything and nothing is close, but the only to know is to experience it.

Generally right before ego loss it feels like you are dieing. Then it feels as though you are reborn.

Happy trails!

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: dblaney]
    #3649386 - 01/19/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Its weird to experience an eternity.

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3649450 - 01/19/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

only time i have really felt it... it felt as if i was dying from emotions, granted it was a bad trip. However, after all that ended, it seemed as if every new thought built me stronger, and more alive. After the worst feelings from it came the best feelings, and it was surely an enlightening trip overall, no matter how crazy i am now.

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: berto23]
    #3649478 - 01/19/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

click on 'search posts' at the top of the page and type in 'ego loss'. there have been many trip reports that describe it and discuss it much better than i can hope to. the only real way to understand it is to have it happen though. i believe it is one of the best and most beneficial things that can happen to a person, IF they are prepared! know what you're getting into, and you will come out of it a better person.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3650741 - 01/19/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ego-loss is overwhelming before you get there.
I have managed to avoid it because I've always been too overwhelmed and scared of the things I may see.

Next time I trip hard enough I'll definately try to let go...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (01/19/05 09:19 PM)

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3650798 - 01/19/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You forget who you are. Time and space are of no consequence; there is no moment or place that you are not a part of. You simply exist, and you're barely (if at all) aware of it when it is happening, because you're unable to think. It's very cathartic - like a total mind rinse.

I experienced this on combinations of 5-Meo-DMT and Salvia.

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3650807 - 01/19/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have it happen to me all the time on acid.  The best way I can describe it, (to roughly quote Chinacat) Its like a drop of water falling into a puddle.  The water is still there, however, it is no longer its original, seperate, self.  It is part of the whole. That is the best description I have heard of it yet.  Althoug this is not even scratching the surface of ego-loss.  It is like trying to explain sex to a virgin.  It just doesnt work.  It needs to be directly experienced to know just how great it is.

:heart:Peace:heart:

:flowerchild:

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #3652469 - 01/20/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dick goes in, dick goes out, dick goes in, dick goes out, and so on...

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3653225 - 01/20/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ego loss isn't permanent if you're worried about it. Your spirit has a way of getting back into your body. LSD is a great drug to facilitate ego loss (if you're looking for it). This Erowid post gives an excellent analysis of ego loss.
http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2758
Once you know what ego loss is like, it's fairly easy to delve into a mushroom trip with that as your goal. I like mushroom ego loss more than LSD because you can channel it more easily into a specific thing or person. Last time I tripped, my friend and I painted throughout the trip and i concentrated mostly on releasing myself into my work and into my friend as we painted. It really opened me up to new artistic ideas that I normally wouldn't have considered. I think of ego loss as tapping into the greater collective unconscious. Once you're there, what will you take back with you and how will you use it?

Peace,
DHarp

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #3653262 - 01/20/05 11:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quoiyaien said:
I have it happen to me all the time on acid.  The best way I can describe it, (to roughly quote Chinacat) Its like a drop of water falling into a puddle.  The water is still there, however, it is no longer its original, seperate, self.  It is part of the whole. That is the best description I have heard of it yet.  Althoug this is not even scratching the surface of ego-loss.  It is like trying to explain sex to a virgin.  It just doesnt work.  It needs to be directly experienced to know just how great it is.

:heart:Peace:heart:

:flowerchild:

thats really what it felt like for me my first time, plus a million other things of course.  The feeling is so much more than that though, but because of a humans lack of vocabulary, you just can't explain many things with words- you just feel and understand them.  The more i trip, the better i am at "explaining" the way i feel and how it effects me and my surroundings to others.  My first time though, the best part about it was that i felt like (though at the time i was "certain") i was everything, that everything was an extension of me... that everything i did and thought would ripple through the cosmos and that someone unknown could hear it and understand it, almost like they were right there w/ me...  ahhh what a great night that was
:mushroom2:  i think i'll do it again this weekend  :thumbup: :sun:

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: SoK]
    #3653574 - 01/20/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there were frogs on every branch
and people falling out of the trees
then the sky fell upon the land,
swallowing it up
and the earth and sky were one.

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3653831 - 01/20/05 02:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Some arabic tales speak of soul eating demons. The Jinn. The nonmonotheistic.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Wysefool]
    #3656049 - 01/20/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i've always looked at ego loss a little differently. the ego loss yall speak of IS amazing. been there...but when i first started reading up on it in the forums long ago, i thought you were always speaking about the perminent changes in your ego that occur afterwards. that which effects your personality and your view on the world weeks after. its that slight overall loss of ego i'm speaking of...which i've always found more meaningfull than that moment of infinity.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: greenpastures]
    #3658728 - 01/21/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

First you have to understand what your ego is.

Once you are born you begin to experience the world around you through your physical, bodily senses. These experiences are stored in your brain (conscious and subconscious). With every experience your understanding of reality builds and builds until you have a solid structure of belief in what reality is ("all in all, it's just another brick in the wall"). This is your ego. It is the sum of your experiences with which you identify yourSELF. You are YOU because you were born here, grew up here, know these people, and have owned or do own these physical things. No one else has had these experiences so therefore THEY ARE NOT YOU (do not share your ego).

When you acheive EGO DEATH the wall comes crashing down. You transcend your memory bank of experiances and your bodily senses. You experience the world without comparing it to what you already believe to be true. You experience the world WITHOUT first filtering it through your physical senses. In doing so you percieve the world as it truly is. Without bias, without attachment, without ignorance, you will be free to join God and partake in it's wisdom and love. Once you destroy that which has been separating you from the world, you "become one with the universe".

When the experiance ends you start from scratch. You are "Born again" as Christians call it. Now you have a chance to start over while still retaining the knowledge that you had before. This doens't mean that you are permenantly enlightened. You now have a decision to make; you can continue building your old ego (since you still have the blueprints) or you can build a new one and make it whatever you want it to be. Eventually though, the wall will become too big and it must be destroyed again or else you become ignorant and prideful. This is why jesus said that god favors the child-like.

Psychedelics are only one method of achieving ego death. Meditation, fasting, and a variety of other spiritual practices have been successfully used for millenia to reach this union with God. Pick one that works for you, but remember that which method you use is not what is important, it is the end result.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF IDENTIFYING GOD WITH YOUR METHOD. This only leads to ignorance and the deeper entrenchment of your ego.

This is what Christ taught. Unfortunately his message became over shadowed by indoctrination and the sins of the organized church. Now people refuse to listen to his message since "a tree is known by it's fruits". No one trusts the church, and for good reason, but every great spiritual leader has something good to say. Just listen.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3659364 - 01/21/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

^ Excellent post

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3659674 - 01/21/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, that's damn good description, very, very well said!  :thumbup: :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Re: Ego Loss Question? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3659768 - 01/21/05 05:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thats how easy cults are born,but it was the most captivating thing i"ve read in quite a while.  Bravo! :hippie:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract