Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: ego death [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #4351069 - 06/29/05 04:58 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The phrase ego death sounds so negative.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: ego death [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #4351091 - 06/29/05 05:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i just wrote this in another thread in S&P:

ego-death is death of the perceived self. when one experiences ego-death, all notions of self and individuality are lost. i.e. you as a person cease to exist. your body remains, but 'you' are no longer there.

impossible to put into words really, kind of feels like being one with everything imagineable, like being nothing and everything simultaneously.

often the path leading up to ego-death is difficult, because it honestly feels like you are going to be completely deleted from reality. if you do not accept this fate, a very nasty trip can ensue.

if you want to understand it better, i recommend reading leary's 'the psychedelic experience'.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Edited by alsey (06/29/05 05:08 PM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: ego death [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4351094 - 06/29/05 05:02 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
The phrase ego death sounds so negative.

only because we've gotten so used to attaching negative feelings to death.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: ego death [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4351306 - 06/29/05 05:45 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I I remember my last trip...i started to feel my self "leaving" my mind. I just sat in a chair and wanted to do everything in my power to stay sane. I was alone...

I told myself that I wasn't going to let go of all my happy memory's. Well, as most of you know...it was hellish.

Heres a REPORT . Believe it or not...The Hobbit was the thing that helped me let go.

Solo trips can be ruff..always have someone you can call and will understand where your coming from. That thought alone was enough for me to keep my cool.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience