Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
What the heck happened? ego loss or what?
    #2175777 - 12/14/03 01:54 AM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I finally decided to talk about a very strange and very negative effect ive experienced, only on weed. One time it was the first time i got stoned, and two times after smoking a lot of weed on a shroom comedown (like two hours after the peak, almost no shroom effects anymore)....

I suddenly lost all contact with the world surrounding me. I disconnect completely from everything, from myself, im like in a dream its like a movie. All the perceptions I gathered during my life, per example on people or my house, all disappear, in a way return to status quo...

I am in my house, still remember where everything is, even if im pretty messed up, but it is like the first time im seeing this house. All my personality goes away, i can still think, remember who i am, but the part of me that is myself,my ?soul?, my judgement on things , goes away. I look at myself in the mirror and cant believe its myself, imn like looking at a stranger, even if i know its me....very freaky!

Anyone had a similar experience?

And could someone give me some details on the ?ego loss? experience...:p

thanx

Edited by Grapefruity (12/14/03 02:00 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineboredboy
The Reverend DoyBuh

Re: What the heck happened? ego loss or what? [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2175798 - 12/14/03 02:08 AM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I hate to tell you this, but you may have a disposition to depersonalization. When my best friend used to smoke weed he would get those exact same effects-feeling as if he were in a dream, disconnected from himself, a feeling as if everything everything in this world was forign. At first it would never happen to him, then ever now and then, then about 1/2 the time when he was high yet he continued to smoke weed. One day they started to become so frequent and intense he couldn't bare to be high. Fast foward 2 months and he caught a whiff of bud. He was thrown into that world full time. Now he has been living in a "dream" for over a year with no signs of it easing up.

Im not sure if that could happen to you, but just be warned. You can read more here
http://www.depersonalization.info/overview.html

--------------------

Happy on the pull of the past
Just before the future comes
Hoping for the rush of some experience
That could elevate me

Up above the daily hum
-The Flaming Lips

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

Re: What the heck happened? ego loss or what? [Re: boredboy]
    #2176548 - 12/14/03 12:24 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Have it all the time when doing mushrooms :smile:
Sometimes I get it on weed too, if it's good weed and I'm meditating then it's like a level 2 trip :smile:

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2177226 - 12/14/03 05:46 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

boredboy said:
I hate to tell you this, but you may have a disposition to depersonalization. When my best friend used to smoke weed he would get those exact same effects-feeling as if he were in a dream, disconnected from himself, a feeling as if everything everything in this world was forign. At first it would never happen to him, then ever now and then, then about 1/2 the time when he was high yet he continued to smoke weed. One day they started to become so frequent and intense he couldn't bare to be high.  Fast foward 2 months and he caught a whiff of bud. He was thrown into that world full time. Now he has been living in a "dream" for over a year with no signs of it easing up.

Im not sure if that could happen to you, but just be warned. You can read more here
http://www.depersonalization.info/overview.html

heh thanx for the site...helped me much. I can relate with almost everything they say there...heh its cool to know im not the only one having those shitty effects. Luckily, they dont strike me often...

really sucks for your friend man  :frown:

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #2177303 - 12/14/03 06:23 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quoted from that link:

"Accordingly, people with DP disorder become masters at maintaining a front, appearing quite normal to friends, family and co-workers. The sense of being an automaton as described in DSM-IV is consistent with going through the familiar routines of a lifetime. You do what you're expected to, and say what others expect you too, all the while feeling as if you're acting out of habit, says John, a 32-year-old filmmaker who has had the condition for six years. Your mind is always a million miles away. All natural spontaneity and joy of living is gone. You know something's wrong, and you're constantly battling with what it might be, and evaluating how you feel."

All I gotta say is oh shit, that sounds all too real to me. Especially the last sentence... fuckin hell!!! :smile:

I think I can remember the first time it hit me (if I do actually have it...) I was on a school trip, staying overnight so I was in a hotel room with friends. We were playing hockey with those little plastic sticks on the floor (we were like 12), and then all of a sudden everything was fucked up. I was going in and out. I was so confused, I was like asking myself "Wtf...is this really happening?..." (referring to when I was watching my friends play hockey) Wierd thing is, I was having fun, lol. Maybe it wasn't it, but I can't figure out why that happened. The only explanation I could come up with was that I had mild-food poisoning...

but yeah, the way it's described in that weblink is exactly the way I experienced it. I was like shot into the back of my head, watching my own body and concious operate seperate from me. And yeah, it was like I just dropped into the room, and I hadn't lived one second of life before that. Everything was new and wierd.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience