Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
deja vu
    #604436 - 04/10/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i want to know everyone's thoughts on deja vu. why does it occur? how often do you have deja vu episodes? how long do they usually last? ever had a deja vu dream? is it all just a product of your mind?

the longest period of deja vu i've had was about 2 or 3 minutes.. something would happen, i recognized it, then something else would happen, and i keep getting more and more shocked. when i was younger i used to have deja vu dreams, where the scene in my dream would happen the next day. i've always wanted (but never have been able) to predict the next action, instead of just recognize it after it happens. ya know, say what someone is about to say, or somethin like that. i dunno..............ramblramblreamlrbealbreabmlramble

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: deja vu [Re: Blastrid]
    #604450 - 04/10/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If deja vu is a spiritual experience, what isn't? hah

I don't know about you, but deja vu doesn't happen on a constant basis for me. Deja vu comes more like in clusters. Once when I was in the process of getting kicked out of school, I knew everything one of the ladies who was in the meeting to kick me out was going to say and what was going to happen after it, but I couldn't say anything. I think I started to interrupt her with, "Look, shut up, 'cause I already know what you're gonna' say," but she talked louder than me and I thought I shouldn't get into an argument about that. Halfway through the deja vu which was about 13 minutes or so of inane talking and other real deja vu recollectable things, I forgot about the deja vu thing and remembered it afterward.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
    #604536 - 04/10/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i think dejavuu for alot of people is just a product of the resiprocating mind, a collaboration of this life experiences which brings a false sense of wisdom, when i do mush i always get the distinct feeling that i have been there before, or have always been there, i just didn't realize it before, i have had other such experiences recently like when i thought i had been a famous writer from some long past time period. i remember my grade seven teacher calling my mom for an interview because he thought i needed hooked on phonics or something, i couldn't even put a sentence together, no more than a couple weeks later, walla.

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Edited by cHeMiCaLbLuE (04/10/02 04:46 PM)

Anonymous

#604545 - 04/10/02 04:54 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

For me Deja Vu happens in several different ways.
The first is when you have an experience you have had in a previous life, that is... if you believe in that sort of thing. You get an odd sense that you have experienced that event but you cant put your finger on it.
The second would be when you dream about a specific incident, and then it happens in real life.
And the third would be coincidence. Because we do have a lot of experiences in our lives that our very similar to experiences we have had before.
But when you have deja vu of a very specific experience, such as when you are having a conversation with someone and you feel like you have had that exact conversation before, with the exact same responses, same body movement and everything, and then some type of event happens and people react to it in a certain way that you are sure you have experienced before, and you know what they are going to say before they say it.. well, that usually isnt a coincidence.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1292103 - 02/08/03 08:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lately, i've been having bouts of reoccurring deja vu. all of a sudden, "i've done this before!" they don't last too long, but definately long enough to realize it is indeed deja vu. i don't know what to think of the whole situation or what to make of it...i would just like to hear of any other experiences.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Anonymous

Re: deja vu [Re: felix]
    #1292109 - 02/08/03 08:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I usually get deja vu about 5-6 times a day, most I can recognize from dreams, but others I don't know why they occured. I think deja vu can be triggered simply by seeing something you've seen in the past and kind of filed way deep down. Like hey havn't I seen this place before?..but sometimes you don't remember where they're from whether it be a dream or something from RL like a painting or photo.

Anonymous

#1294253 - 02/09/03 05:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

every few months i get a strong episode that goes on for about 10 seconds or so.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1294433 - 02/09/03 05:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It has been speculated by some that many deja vu experiences are surfacing past life memories triggered by certain conversations, perceptions, observations, actions, or series of events that happen in the present which are linked to the past life. By this rational Deja Vu can be one way to remember bits of past lives.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: deja vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #1294441 - 02/09/03 05:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have also had dreams in which certain things happen, and then later on in waking life.. the dream starts to happen..but in real life.. the same actions, words, expressions..everything.. and I know everything that is going to happen. Another form of Deja Vu.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1296316 - 02/10/03 09:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps deja vu is something like a warning signal. Since something seems to be happening again, you got a second chance to make it right, whatever you are doing at that particular moment.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1296487 - 02/10/03 11:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deja vu, is in my opinon possibly carvoyance. Even though your not predicting any major event, your mind at one time has thought of that moment. Ive had lots of deja vu in my time, not to much lately, but i know what you all mean. Sometimes it will alert you to danger or sometimes i just stop what i was doing and wounder, haven't i lived this part in my life once?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Anonymous

#1296571 - 02/10/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deja vu is when "they" change something in the Matrix.

Edit: Human beings are NOT in control of reality.

Edited by Max Headroom (02/10/03 11:45 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: deja vu [Re: ]
    #1296591 - 02/10/03 11:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

we're in control of small parts of it, no doubt.

Like if one were to fly a large plane into a large building.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: deja vu [Re: Strumpling]
    #1296605 - 02/10/03 11:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

true...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order