Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: trendal]
    #2321633 - 02/10/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Rather that the similarity exists between a dream and reality to the point of causing Deja Vu."

like an intersection as opposed to a parallel or total overlap?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2321679 - 02/10/04 03:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineguru
I'm stillfinding out
    #2321864 - 02/10/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've thought about deja vu a lot because it happens to me pretty much on a daily basis and ive narrowed my beliefs about it to two different theories. The first one is basically exactly what Max Headroom said so theres no need to go into it, but the second one has to do with emotions. The way I see it is we all have an infinite amount of different emotions that can affect us in different ways, at different times and in different combinations. I'm not talking about basic emotions because we could all say we've felt happy or sad at many points in our lives. I'm talking about very specific feelings that occur within only a few moments. I believe that deja vu may be the result of these specific emotions lining up in an exact pattern that we have experienced before. Since it is the surroundings that trigger these emotions in the first place, a surrounding that recreates a pattern would seem familiar, like we've been there before.

--------------------
Having an allergic reaction to life

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2324922 - 02/11/04 03:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, I was reading this, and later on I read a post by Strumpling, and I was all like "damn, I SWORE I just read this not too long before". :nut:
:wink:

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
my deja vu is more like "I've known this all along, and I am just remembering."

Damn straight! I've never actually learned anything new, in a sense. It has always had that sense that I already knew it and I just caught a glimpse of it and consciously formed it out again. Probably what used to be just feelings when I was a young lad kept popping back up like this and kept getting consciously reformed, and that it ends up making me who I am... hmm....
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2326587 - 02/12/04 11:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah that trips me out I've had it like that before too where its like my waking life intersects with a dream, or rather my dreamscape creates an image that I later run into under totally different circumstances in a completely unrelated way, but it still gets almost the precise image across from the dream (or wherever the fuck I'm remembering it from).

Like I remember a scene once in a flying dream where I was flying over the ocean (no plane, I was on a surfboard believe it or not, shooting through the sky :smile: it was awesome).

Later in life I got to go to Hawaii with my parents and on the plane I put my fave up against the window and bam same image - same whitecaps on the water, same view of the coast, same everything.. freaked me out - whats weird is that in my dream I wasn't actually anywhere near that airport and wasn't going to hawaii or anything.

I have had "total overlap" situations though too (well obviously not "total overlap" because I haven't dreamt up my whole life.. I don't think)

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Spokesman]
    #2327475 - 02/12/04 03:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
:stoned: Well i think that everything that is happening has already happened. And Life is only an extensive memory processing itself in the brain,

Waw i couldnt have said it better myself

In fact thats what i was going to say that at times we get connected with our higher selfs for very brief moments. And our higher selves are in 4D/5D. And we are literally dreaming through this life.

Like R.A.Wilson says life's a novel, our destiny is written and at times we realise that in a cloudy sort of way through Deja Vu :smile:

The other thing: yestarday i realised that i get Deja Vus connected not only with places but when i pass / meet with certain people. And its like our hearts connect and i could feel their 'message' reaching out me

"my deja vu is more like "I've known this all along, and I am just remembering."
Well put

"It's a roadsign, to let you know you're 'on the right track' and everything is going according to plan."
I'm glad you think so too :wink:

"Deja Vu is a strip club that I frequent more than I should... nothing more to me. "
Yeah! There was a club where i grew up called Deja Vu, guess what it was a 70s only music policy hmmm, had some good nights there...

"Deja vu, it happens when they change something."
You might be on to something, ive been told by one mystic that the command 'upstairs' constantly changes things whatever that means...

" I already knew it and I just caught a glimpse of it and consciously formed it out again."

Yep we have fallen
Now we are rising

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: cleaner]
    #2327713 - 02/12/04 04:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I get this feeling on a regular basis also. I know it is possible to attain knowledge from the future.

One particular experience I recall is being in a friends car talking casually. We were parked down a country lane litterally in the middle of nowhere, chances are you wouldn't see a soul.

Anyway I felt a euphoria which started from my head and went thoughout my body, at the same time I experienced intense deja vu of my friend telling me he puked all over the dashboard then I saw a 4x4 drive by. Then I felt normal again my friend was talking and I he did what I just saw and explained to me about puking. I instantly thought, if this car comes by it proves it and a few seconds later it drove by.

I have experienced deja vu many times, but that one time proved to myself that there is something more to it than just an odd feeling.

--------------------

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2328063 - 02/12/04 06:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I think it may have something to do with dreams...but this is only a very early theory.

Reason being: sometimes when I get Deja Vu it is accompanied by a very strong mental image of the event/place in question which I instantly remember as being in a dream I've had previously. I can't say for certain that the dream place/event was exactly the same as the place/event that triggers the Deja Vu...but it is pretty close.

i agree with you completly. ive always felt that deja vu was just situations happening that i had already dreamed. the other night i walked in to play texas hold em poker with my buddies and i had an intense feeling that it had happend before, and im almost for certain i was remembering a dream i had before i started going to college, and before i met these people. i very often have dreams i dont understand, and then i remember them later and they make sense when i actually experience the situation that was dreamed about. i agree its not dreams coming true, as i rarely remember anyone talking or anything, just little snippits of situations that trigger my memories, my body picking up on the strange patters of events that led to this moment, so i knew it would happen before it did.

during an intense salvia binge last year i started getting the feeling that what i was experienceing i would experience again in the future. like reverse deja vu. i was absolutely positive that certain things were going to happen. unfortanatly i forgot all of those things, but the feeling of it remained very strong.

this is how i look at deja vu:
your body and mind have picked up/analyzed the pattern of events that led to the situation where you experience deja vu, much sooner than your day to day perception would normally allow it to. i mean for example, you can see the pattern of events leading to the moment a glass falls off of a table. you see the glass, too close to the edge of the table. you see your friend swinging his arms around while telling a story. you think ...hmmmm a+b = broken glass real soon. so when the glass breaks you go "goddamnit i knew that was gonna happen" except that this is expanded out a little more, and the time is over a longer period, but you can still see the patterns. i believe that our minds pick up much more than we give it credit for. believe me, ive called out plenty of things long before they happen, because im becoming accustomed to tuning into these patterns of events that lead to something else. maybe in our dreams our gaurd is down enough for our subconcious brains to present these events to us that could occur in the future if the pattern of events does not change, and we remember that we dreamed the event when it finally does happen.

woah i realllllly wandered on a tangent there, but i dont feel like erasing it. ive got about 100 pages written down somewhere around here about the patterns of life and conciousness and events, and how we pick them up, maybe some day ill type it all up. i think deja vu fits quite nicely in my theories.

~JSlice~

ps: i think this is my first post in s+p, quite a daunting forum here, i must have typed up 10 or 20 replies to things you guys have said and never posted them.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: angryjslice]
    #2328083 - 02/12/04 06:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ps: i think this is my first post in s+p, quite a daunting forum here, i must have typed up 10 or 20 replies to things you guys have said and never posted them.

You should start posting them, then! Another opinion is always welcome here :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2328367 - 02/12/04 08:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i had a theory on it, but it was from like almost a year ago... maybe it was like 8 months. But the search function didnt work for me, so i dont know. I dont know if they have deleted files yet or not.

--------------------
What?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2328746 - 02/12/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

please post your thoughts more often :smile:

hehe sometimes I write a post and then almost just delete it (I did that all the time when I first started with forums..) but hell man I just post the stuff now, sometime putting a note on the bottom "well I don't know if this makes any sense at all but hell I'll post this anyway"

:smile: Join us - you r0x

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2328900 - 02/12/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My idea was almost exactly like yours. I think that maybe our brains in the subconcious state can predict a set of events... maybe randomly, but maybe it can, and when you see it, you think "de ja vu". I dont know, but it happened when i was working on this auto cad problem today in school, and i thought i remembered dreaming about it.

But... simillar things have happened as well. Last year i had a dream about school, i dreamt of these 3 different people. I dreamed the night before what they would be wearing, sure enough i got to school that day, and those were those clothes i saw in my dream.

Even if you only consider that each person has only maybe 7 different outfits they wear... but thats saying that your brain randomly choose 3 people, say two you didnt know or see very much, out of a bout 2000 people. Dreams of school are kind of frequent for me, but they are not a sure thing. But i think its funny how things become so selective like that. Maybe its a higher order of thinking, uses more parts of the brain to simulate different scenarios given the likelyhood of a situation.. But thats a LOT OF CALCULATION's. Even if it was just a "coincidence" it was a pretty damn intricate one at that :wink: .

--------------------
What?

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2329048 - 02/12/04 11:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think that Deja Vu is a moment in which we glimpse into the non-linearity of time. Usually time is percieved as being a constant and measureable thing, but I believe that to be an illusion we require in order to function the way we do. Deja Vu is a brief collission with timelessness.

My experience of Deja Vu used to always present itself as a past dream remembered only at the moment it actually happened in real life. When I was younger I thought of it as a psychic sort of thing, like I had precognition of it but wasn't conciously aware of it until I was reminded. This was before I stumbled across the notion that time didn't really exist.

More recently it hasn't seemed to be a dream, more like a full remembering of precise circumstances that havn't occured for me before. Usually it's the way the light hits something, the phrase that went through my mind and the time, and the angle I saw someone out of the corner of my eye. Something like that anyways. It's usually never anything "significant" just simple moments. Some of my deja vu's have been pretty long. Even a couple of minutes. A couple of times I had hour long deja vu's after smoking a joint. One of those times made me really paranoid, but it was still a really interesting experience.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder