Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Strumpling]
    #3016023 - 08/17/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think Deja Vu exists because time as we know it is an illusion, all time is now.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #3016238 - 08/17/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Mmm, an interesting thought. I've just been doing quite a bit of research into human time perception, and it turns out that the psychological literature at the moment really doesn't know sweet fuck all about how we come to formulate this perception of time.

Don't you just love to watch 'science' struggling to tackle concepts that have come with ease to trippers / spiritual consciousness? I too beleive that it could well be possible that 'everything is always happening'. And from the research I've read, it seems like about the only thing that the cognitive researchers can say is that time is more or less an illusion...its just HOW that illusion is occuring that they're having trouble with.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Deja Vu [Re: zee_werp]
    #3016298 - 08/17/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

because we perceive time as linear, a series of events either remembered as something 'in the past' of what is happening or what is to be. From my research I suppose that is the most convenient way for minds to wrap themselves around the concept in the 3rd density..
To me time is simply the rate of rotation of molecules and planets and solar systems and galaxies and universes and absolutums. There is no past or present, all time is now. It is more like a circle than a straight line. The past is something to learn from and the future is something to create and all of this is actuated through the present. There is no time but the present. Then again, I'm high.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #3016409 - 08/18/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been thinking about this whole 'time does not exist as we know it' thing. What I've had trouble with was reconciling our experience of memory with the concept that 'there is only the now.' However I think I've figured it out. If there is no linear time, why do we have memories of previous moments but not future moments? Ah, but we do have memories of future moments, as anyone who's had a precognitive dream can attest to. But since we can't consciously remember future memories, there must be a distinction between conscious and subconscious memory.

I've come to the conclusion that linear time is a creation of, or result of, our conscious mind. It has to be. Moving along a time 'line' and not consciously knowing what's ahead, we only form conscious memories of past moments, but not future moments. However, there is this existence of subconscious memory, which is outside time as we know it (which we might experience as precognition). For those of you who believe in a soul, our subconscious is our soul memory, independent of our physical experiences.

The question of 'why' we experience linear time is something I have no idea of, though.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Deja Vu [Re: zee_werp]
    #3016428 - 08/18/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds very logical, I agree.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: Deja Vu [Re: ]
    #3016441 - 08/18/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:

I've come to the conclusion that linear time is a creation of, or result of, our conscious mind. It has to be. Moving along a time 'line' and not consciously knowing what's ahead, we only form conscious memories of past moments, but not future moments. However, there is this existence of subconscious memory, which is outside time as we know it (which we might experience as precognition). For those of you who believe in a soul, our subconscious is our soul memory, independent of our physical experiences.

The question of 'why' we experience linear time is something I have no idea of, though.

We use the past as a means to predict the future, as past events tend to repeat in a pattern. (like america will fall just like rome did). The conscious mind is all about creating stability.

I cannot comment on the dejavu feeling because all knowledge of what you actually learned is pretty much wiped away after the trip so I dont really understand what that sudden feeling is that this situation has happened 10000000000 times before and will forever.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a test when the dejavu feeling comes on? I always think im supposed to do something very important and someone or something is warning me to do it.

The first time it happened I had no way to control it, I didn't know what was happening to me. It took about 4 of those episodes before I could finally talk myself out of it calmly without freaking out infront of people.

Edited by I2ancid (08/18/04 12:15 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Deja Vu [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3017698 - 08/18/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I swear I've experienced this thread before...

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Strumpling]
    #3020869 - 08/18/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I swear Ive experienced Stumpling's post before.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #3022195 - 08/19/04 05:22 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Deja Vu is a glitch in the matrix!!

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #3022266 - 08/19/04 06:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I get this all the time, whats weird, is i get it alot in situations i know i've never been in, couldnt have been in before. I get it from people i've never met doing things i know i've never done, in places i know i've never been, or been there with those people. I do wonder about the precognition aspect, did i have dreams of the future and now i am remembering them? am i just reminded of similar events? Generally im a fairly skeptical person...which means i reserve judgement on things i dont form opinions that say "oh that just doesnt happen" thats being a believer...just u believe against it rather then for it...anyways i have had 2 intances atleast where i wonder if i didnt see the future.

The first and most blatent, was when i was little, my friends asked me to play T-ball, and i said no, when they asked i had this sudden vision of standing on first base and getting smacked in the eye with the ball, so thats why i declined, eventually they talked me into it...first batter up..im on first wack! fukin hit me right in the eye...if i remember correctly the kid batting was the same kid in the vision too.

The second time, i had a dream..very mundane dream, i dreamed that i had just woke up and was in my underwear going thru my sock door trying to find a pair of matching socks...then i imediately woke up went to the drawer and started looking for socks, in the middle of it i got deja vu, and suddenly remembered the dream, not only was i doing what i did in the dream, i was doing it in the same exact way.

Anyways deja vu...is cool :wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom