Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Deja Vu
    #2161127 - 12/05/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've always wondered what this means. I guess everyone probably has. I have had times of very intense deja vu where it felt like I lived it a millions times.

I also had deja vu where I dreamed the scenario before.

Deja vu where it only half occurs so that I have but a hint of some extra meaning.

Deja vu of the future where I will be remembering it again someday.

Deja vu of deja vu again all over again, and so on....

I'll tell you guys something. I have come to understand that deja vu is where the sense of time wears thin but not in the way that people want to believe. Usually people think, oh I did this before or dreamed this moment, but I have had deja vu on my worst jobs. Usually sometimes when I'm working in intense heat cooking, or under horrible conditions. I therefore feel that deja vu happens for me anyway, when I feel like I am in hell, or at least very hard pressed by circumstances. I also usually have intense deja vu at the beginning of many short lived jobs. I am almost inclined to walk right out now of my new job when I experience deja vu because I have come to correlate it with a very temporal situation. So in other words. I find that the temporariness of the situation is what calls forth the feeling of having done it before, because basically, for this brain's purpose it has been done many many times, done in extremis, and as for the specific experience it means that time is pointlessly looped and functionless. The deja vu is a meaning like a band aid on a meaningless moment which otherwise is like a wound in the mind, a hole where thought cannot reside because of the pointlessness. It's like motes of light in the eyes in the pitch black, a mere fractal side attendant of the brainwave when it starts to collapse into the void.

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Deja Vu [Re: eve69]
    #2161142 - 12/05/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The eternal cycle
The veil between layers is very...very thin

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #2161161 - 12/05/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

scratch underneath the surface, and youll find no answers, just more surface to scratch. There is no core, just sentripical patterns.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Positronius]
    #2161231 - 12/05/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

One of my most freaky weed experienced...about 6 of us were chilling and smoking, and I felt that the exact same conversation, music, facial expressions, even hand movements, had happened about 2 weeks before when we had hung out another time. Even the intonations in people's voices as they spoke specific sentences felt familiar....I seriously got freaked out, I couldn't stop telling people what I was experiencing, they would say wow that's wierd, and assure me this hadn't happened before, and continue talking and the feeling would instantly return as their conversation resumed...I seriously thought god was sending me back in time to freak me out and get me to stop smoking or something. It took me weeks to get over that experience.

Anyone have this happen to a degree near this?

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Deja Vu [Re: jong21]
    #2161356 - 12/05/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I had it like, "Hey, I had this experience before. I was also telling you....nevermind I told you already last time. I don't have to say it again."

--------------------
...or something

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Deja Vu [Re: eve69]
    #2162173 - 12/05/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have dreams that come true. So when it happens in real life, I like to watch it, because it's so cool to see what I dreamed "re-enacted".

I'm trying to get to the point where I can tell which dream will come true and which is just a dream. Sometimes, the dreams that come true have the quality of being "real", vs. dreams that are just dreams.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Frog]
    #2162892 - 12/05/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Deja Vu means everything is going according to plan

or that something just happened somewhere else that will have an important effect on your journey

at least thats my theory....it seems to be very true for me

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Shroomism]
    #2168354 - 12/08/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hehe, you read my thoughts exactly

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Jenny]
    #2168512 - 12/08/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have had this many times but only one of them i can actually trace back to a dream. I mean i even remembered how long ago i had had that dream. I have always wanted to know more about De Ja Vu but there is such a lack of info on it.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Deja Vu [Re: Spokesman]
    #2168535 - 12/08/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Damn... I could have swore we already dicussed Deja Vu. Hmmm... maybe I just dreamed it.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Deja Vu [Re: djd586]
    #2168548 - 12/08/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ever hear of Jemais vu? the feeling that this exact situation is going to happen again in the future...and then have deja vu when it happens. hehe, it sucks sometimes being able to see the loops we live in. its all about the loops.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds