Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5085368 -

Sure there's guns in Toronto but compared to Detroit or Chicago we don't even come close.. I've been to the states several times and have plenty of american friends.. The level of poverty and segregation leaves me dumbfounded..It doesn't have to be that way.. I'm not saying your all racist I'm saying your society segeregates people by race and income which is true whether you guys admit it or not.. You have alot of work that needs to be done..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5085413 -

"Society" segregates no one. Free people segregate themselves willingly on the basis of what they can afford and who they are comfortable associating with.

I have lived very close to Canada at various times of my life and been to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Kingston and various other smaller places I don't remember the names of. Canadian neighborhoods are every bit as economicly stratified as US neighborhoods. I'm not even sure you can realisticly make a case that there is less racism in Canada, just less screaming about it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5085456 -

I'm sorry but it's nothing like the US here.. Sure there are richer areas and poorer areas but one thing which we do have here is subsidized housing geared to both middle class and poor familys.. Even in some of the poorest neighborhoods like regent park there are middle class and even upper middle class people living within blocks of project housing.. I haven't seen that in the states and I've been to New York, Detroit, and Chicago..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5085485 -

I grew up in Miami. rich- poor- middle class all mixed up. I am white and was the minority.

now i live in San Antonio TX. rich- poor- middle class all mixed up. still white and still the minority.


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5085493 -

You can find neighborhoods similar to that which you describe all over NYC. Detroit is a total disaster. Anyone who could has fled. I suspect Chicago is very similar to NYC. I think that your understanding of the race situation and segregation in the US is badly skewed by what you have read. Only bad shit gets in the papers. And Canada is no paradise of racial harmony in spite of what your limited experience might tell you.
http://www2.arts.ubc.ca/cresp/geepap.pdf

Unfortunately, it's a PDF and I can't cut it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5085496 -

Toronto group to crown 'Lord of the Slums'


TORONTO (Reuters) - To coincide with the world premiere of the "Lord of the Rings" musical in Toronto in February, a city tenants' group will crown a "Lord of the Slums."

The group also wants slumlords to line up for a chance to win the "Golden Cockroach" award, and is eyeing a "Slums Unlimited" safari for tourists.

The campaign by the Parkdale Tenants Association, which represents residents of a down-at-the-heels west end neighborhood, is taking aim at the city of Toronto and the government of Ontario over what it says are sub-standard living conditions for low-income renters.

"When the city and province brag about spending C$3 million on bringing tourists in, we thought we'd use it as an opportunity to show this dirty little secret," association representative Bart Poesiat said on Friday.

When the "Lord of the Rings" opens, the association will offer a tour of Toronto's worst slums, which it hopes will shame governments into taking action to improve conditions.

The group will choose a "Lord of the Slums" from those it deems most responsible for "deplorable rental conditions plaguing hundreds of thousands of Torontonians."

Ontario's housing minister and Toronto's mayor are two of the nominees.

"We already had five or six requests to attend the tour from across the world... as far away as Scotland," Poesiat said, adding his group is trying to "...speak for the people that can't be heard."
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticl...DA-SLUMS-DC.XML


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: lonestar2004]
    #5085642 -

Trust me when it sais slums it's nowhere near as bad as American ghettos.. Things are however getting worse here and I'm the first to admit that.. We still have a long way to go.. But Canada does have 3 citys which are rated having the best overall living conditions on earth.. Toronto in 9th Calgary 10th and Vancouver in 1st..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: Bhairabas]
    #5085922 -

Bhairabas said:
The level of poverty and segregation leaves me dumbfounded..It doesn't have to be that way.. I'm not saying your all racist I'm saying your society segeregates people by race and income which is true whether you guys admit it or not..



You ever been to the "skid row" area of Vancouver where crackheads are all over the place? I have. You guys have ghettoes and rich areas up there too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More Proof Against the Race Card [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5085988 -

No kidding.. Were not talking about whether or not there are lots of drugs and drug addicts in Canada because there are..A good friend of mines parents ended up getting addicted to crack.. I think every big city has these problems.. I used to live in the most cracked out neighborhood in the city if not Canada.. I wouldn't consider it a race based issue though..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Katrina Should be A Lesson To US on Global Warming. lonestar2004 1,099 11 09/01/05 11:38 AM
by snoopaloop53
* Senate Passes Real ID: National ID Card On Its Way
( 1 2 all )
usefulidiot 3,241 24 12/17/11 06:21 PM
by Shill
* For All Who Love Throwing the Race Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
SirTripAlot 1,762 28 12/16/05 03:34 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Katrina Dead luvdemshrooms 482 2 12/12/05 03:42 PM
by zappaisgod
* Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder
( 1 2 3 all )
1stimer 4,589 50 09/02/05 12:46 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Michael Moore's Letter to george Bush about Katrina
( 1 2 3 all )
mjshroomer 5,704 58 09/05/05 05:34 AM
by Starter
* Hurricane Katrina and race
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,789 25 09/07/05 03:32 PM
by lonestar2004
* That ID Card Thing.... GabbaDj 988 15 05/12/05 10:45 PM
by faslimy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,617 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.