Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4611855 - 09/02/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, right?! The evactuation of New Orleans should have been the responsibility of State and Local officials! Not Bushs'. FEMA is there, what else do you expect the federal gov't to do?

besides who the fuck builds a city below sea level on a gulf coast with a hurricane season every year? It was gonna get fucked up sooner or later!

And you know, the morons who are shooting at relief helicopters and holding up supply trucks are nothing more than gangster thugs who couldn't be happier that the police are too busy to deal with them! "It's our city now muthafuckas!" They love the chaos because it gives them power and they will do anything they can to keep it! Well when they're done robbing all the Best Buys' and the canned food runs out their gonna be fucked because they refused to cooperate and fix the situation when it first happened

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: 1stimer]
    #4611954 - 09/02/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This whole disaster really shows that you can NOT count on your government to help you when you need it. This whole event shows how mentally disturbed the average american is. The looters, the police, the authorities.. everyone just seems to be making wrong decisions. Its fucking sad, especially when you contrast with how other countries handle similar disasters.

A view into the future. Don't expect any help from your government. They will however place heavily armed soldiers that are ready to shoot you on your street corner though.

The government is good at taking lives, not saving them. I guess the lesson is, learn to save yourself, stay ahead of the herd

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: J4S0N]
    #4611970 - 09/02/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Three days after 9/11 Bush spoke at the former site of the World Trade Center.

Today and the next few days will prove whether the Administration are fakers and cannot deal with an invulnerable aggressor.

Edited by YidakiMan (09/02/05 12:53 PM)

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: YidakiMan]
    #4611985 - 09/02/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
Am I the only person in this world who hasn't completely lost touch with reality? They built the city UNDER FUCKING SEA LEVEL.

Think about it like this.

Say every day I came home and decided to drink some water. But instead of using the perfectly good water coming out of my sink I decided to try filtering shitty toiler water and drinking it. Then one day my filtering didn't work and I got sick from drinking shitty toilet water when I had perfectly good water right next to me. Would you be sad I got sick? No. You would say don't drink shitty toilet water you stupid bastard.

Well don't live UNDER FUCKING SEA LEVEL when there is perfectly good land available.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4611998 - 09/02/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Zapp,

Do you see the current situation differently because a cat 4 knocked out the levee's versus had there been NO storm and they had been blown out by a terrorist attack?

It would've been a good target considering the refineries in NO.

Should the Feds respond differently to the human suffering going on there now because the residents had notice/opportunity to leave?

I'm curious what the difference is to you between Federal response to natural disasters versus terrorist attack disasters, if any.

I agree NO was a sitting duck just waiting to get flooded out. You'd never catch me living in a flood zone anywhere. I don't even understand why people build and buy in flood zones myself.

Yet, in another post, you say you love to party in NO and that it should be rebuilt. Can NO "alone" afford to design and build a new levee that is leak proof? The city brought in a lot of international tourism dollars and many U.S. residents benefited from being able to vacation there. Lots of U.S. business's held conferences there too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: Swami]
    #4612084 - 09/02/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Where there ANY caravans of govt buses and trucks and vans to evacuate the destitute BEFORE the hurricane - YES or NO?

This relatively cheap to do with minimal planning. Too easy and forward-thinking?

Why didn't Bush come to New Orleans last week and drive these New Orleans city school buses out?
WHY????

WHY????

WHY????

This is all Bush's fault!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblehongo
Hmmm

Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: dr0mni]
    #4612194 - 09/02/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
yeah, right?! The evactuation of New Orleans should have been the responsibility of State and Local officials! Not Bushs'. FEMA is there, what else do you expect the federal gov't to do?

Well, if you see things that way, how do you explain the war he maded in iraq? What the f***k was he doing there? Was that his Fu***ng responsibility? He?s doing so much shit all over the planet, why doesn?t he care for his own place? After all hes just america?s president, not the world?s!
WTF!

Just lots of LOVE and LIGHT for all of you guys. Hongo

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4612257 - 09/02/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Swami said:
Where there ANY caravans of govt buses and trucks and vans to evacuate the destitute BEFORE the hurricane - YES or NO?

This relatively cheap to do with minimal planning. Too easy and forward-thinking?

TRUTH TO POWER!

Why didn't Bush come to New Orleans last week and drive these New Orleans city school buses out?
WHY????

WHY????

WHY????

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: hongo]
    #4612296 - 09/02/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hongo said:
Quote:

dr0mni said:

Well, if you see things that way, how do you explain the war he maded in iraq? What the f***k was he doing there? Was that his Fu***ng responsibility? He?s doing so much shit all over the planet, why doesn?t he care for his own place? After all hes just america?s president, not the world?s!
WTF!

Just lots of LOVE and LIGHT for all of you guys. Hongo

No relevance to fu***ng anything at all.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Katrina is Bush's Biggest Blunder [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4612375 - 09/02/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Zapp,

Do you see the current situation differently because a cat 4 knocked out the levee's versus had there been NO storm and they had been blown out by a terrorist attack?

Of course. National defense is a federal issue. Hurricane defense is a local issue. Where I live buildings are designed on a hundred year flood model. Septic systems and such are designed under that criteria,i.e. the worst flood expected in a hundred years. We don't build to hurricanes or earthquakes because we don't get them. Building codes are local issues. There is no design for deliberate destructive acts. Only the federal government can have the resources for intelligence and extramural activity. LA and NO, in the end, misspent their money. I'm willing to help them out but I am not willing to accept any blame.

Quote:

It would've been a good target considering the refineries in NO.

So's Houston and New Jersey

Quote:

Should the Feds respond differently to the human suffering going on there now because the residents had notice/opportunity to leave?

No. I'm just not interested in the fingers pointed. The federal government is a great giant bear that can perform great things, they just can't do it in short order. That's a local deal. The local government has really been the chief failure here.

Quote:

I'm curious what the difference is to you between Federal response to natural disasters versus terrorist attack disasters, if any.

In terms of relief, none. In terms of responsibility for hurricanes vs foreign attacks, huge.
Quote:

I agree NO was a sitting duck just waiting to get flooded out. You'd never catch me living in a flood zone anywhere. I don't even understand why people build and buy in flood zones myself.

And yet people live there and in Boca and in Tornado Alley and in San Francisco. Word to the wise, "Don't let your insurance lapse and if you can't get insurance at all, well then, there's a reason for it."

Quote:

Yet, in another post, you say you love to party in NO and that it should be rebuilt. Can NO "alone" afford to design and build a new levee that is leak proof? The city brought in a lot of international tourism dollars and many U.S. residents benefited from being able to vacation there. Lots of U.S. business's held conferences there too.

Hold it, hold it, hold it. Residents benefited from vacationing there? No, NO benefited from residents vacationing there. They should have spent some of that money protecting themselves. I had a great time there for sure and will miss the idea of it even if I probably never would've gone back (my years are running out and there are other things to do, like napping) but no, if they want to build a proper storm proof city they can. If not, well, it was fun while it lasted. And I mean it was really fun. C'est la vie, mon amour.

Just as an aside, you do realize that NO was one of the most corrupt cities in the US and LA one of the most corrupt states. They make NY look circumspect in comparison. It's not a retribution thing just a waste of resources thing and to hear this fucking whiny ass mayor is too much. I won't even dignify the black thing with a response.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4612410 - 09/02/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you Zapp for answering my questions. We both have been posting a lot on this topic lately and I just wanted to understand where you're coming from a little better.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom