Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Sister went to see a psychic.
    #788013 - 07/31/02 09:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah..my sister phoned me today all excited and stuff telling me how she went to see this psychic. The psychic told her about how she would do in life..said that she would marry her boyfriend, which is probably going to happen, said that she would be very successful in business, which is probably also going to happen (she has a degree in business management). Then the psychic proceeded to talk about the rest of the family..she said that my parents are in good health..she also said that they had a just done a lot of work on the house, which is true. Okay, nothing very interesting so far. But then, she starts talking about me. She says "you have a brother" (my sister didn't tell her that).."he is sensitive..he thinks very deeply about things" (true)..then she said..."he has been unwell"..my sister nods her head.."he has been suffering from depression" (this is true). Then she said "he hasn't been taking his medication" (this is also true, I stopped taking them 3 weeks ago). She said that I must go back on the anti-depressants. She said that I would always be deeply affected by things, always have ups and downs.. but I must go back on the meds.

So, I think i'm going to take the advice of the psychic and go back on the meds. It makes me wonder where free will comes into all of this though.

Oh and another thing, my sister's friend also got a reading, the psychic told her that her father has a heart condition which is being closely monitered. Also true.

I'm pretty sure this was a genuine psychic. I can't think of any other way she could have gotten this information.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: Revelation]
    #788025 - 07/31/02 09:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (07/31/02 09:18 AM)

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #788289 - 07/31/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

It makes me wonder where free will comes into all of this though.

Free will is just an illusion my brother. It may be tough to grasp this concept, but there really is a lot more to destiny then you might think. You might feel like you conciously make every choice in your life, but those choices are all based off of life experiences and what not. Everything that you do is just a natural progression of events that started long before the dawn of time. Everything in this existance effects everything else, and as such your life was chosen for you before your very conception. You're nothing more then a complex arrangement of energies that act in accordance to the world around them. You are in essence little more then a participant in the great production we call life.

DISCLAIMER: ignore the tonality of the above post...everything mentioned is mearly my perception of things, and is in no way intended to be taken as the literal truth.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #788567 - 07/31/02 01:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I won't give my usual blow-by-blow, but most of those generalities will apply to a large group of people.

Here is a mini-test I propose. Step 1 is useful for testing any pyschic / spiritual healer, etc.

1. Tell the psychic that you will pay her twice the normal rate, but that you will only do so if she convinces you of her authenticity by the end of the session. The Swam predicts that they will ALL say "No!" Of course there are many clever rebuttals to that...

2. Tape record the session. I guarantee that the psychic will probe for information. Most likely your sister unwittingly gave the psychic much information which was then fed back. For example, the psychic says your brother has a medical condition (almost everyone has physical problems from simple myopia and balding to high blood presure and diabetes.) Then your sister replies, "Yes, he is struggling with depression." The psychic then quickly changes "medical condition" to "depression" when talking about you. It is a simple game. The word "struggling" leads the psychic to the possibility that you are not taking medication for it - and so on...

Listening carefully to the tape later, you would hear exactly what I mean. You can witness the same thing on "Crossing Over", even through the heavy editing.

3. Visit the pyschic and I will "predict" that she does not recognize you as the brother of a recent client unless you leak the information to her.

Remember, if she was authentic, she would be collecting Randi's million dollar reward instead of the 25 quid from your sister.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (07/31/02 02:09 PM)

Anonymous

#788663 - 07/31/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I do believe in the possibility of Psychics,
I just have never been convinced of one.
When John Edwards came on the scene, I wanted to believe him, but after a while, he just, (to me) seemed like a guy who read body language very well, like most other 'Psychics'.
The psychic in particualr that goads me is Sylvia Brown. She doesnt even try to be psychic anymore. She just blurts out a lot of nonesense, and when you try to tell her shes wrong, she just points one of her 3 inch Lee Press-On nails at you and sez: "It will Happen, Next!"
At $300/ 45 minutes, it BETTER happen.

I do however believe in the paranormal
I hope one day to meet an 'actual psychic.' but I doubt I ever will.
A real psychic would be very tight lipped about their ability, for fear of being exploited.
-OoD

OfflineTrOmAn
shroom gladiator
    #789423 - 07/31/02 08:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

the amazing randy lol........

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: TrOmAn]
    #789673 - 08/01/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i do believe in the possibility of phsycics.

come on i think we have gotten past that stage now.

a phsycic can predict the most probable future but by them stating it they have just altered it. think of it this way.

phsycic says you will get into a car accident this week, but wait, you could just stay home all week, uuhhmmm, duh.

i think that answers the question about destiny too.

every possible movement already exsists like a video game, what do you choose, what do you choose, what do you choose your destiny to be. remember those goosbumps books.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Edited by ViBrAnT (08/01/02 02:42 AM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: Swami]
    #5023173 - 12/06/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Your assumptions:
1. Everybody has heard of Randi and his proposal - untrue
2. Psychics could adhere to strict testing - maybe the psychic information is spontaneous as opposed to willed
3. Psychics most know everything - Maybe they can only reveal certain types of information...

Fake psychics exist but this does not mean all psychics are fake.

I'm sure theres many more.

My point - your judgement s not 100% solid as you make out.

Stay open minded.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: Ego Death]
    #5023545 - 12/06/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Your assumptions:
1. Everybody has heard of Randi and his proposal - untrue

There is no assumption that enough people in the 'psychic community' have heard of the Randi offer and all have either stayed away or failed the preliminary test.

Psychics most know everything - Maybe they can only reveal certain types of information...
Like that someone is struggling?

Naturally, not one believer here tried my simple experiment.

You  manufacture assumptions and call them mine. That is very "clever".  :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5023768 - 12/06/05 02:08 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

free will = in the act..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #5027986 - 12/07/05 10:31 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
There is no assumption that enough people in the 'psychic community' have heard of the Randi offer

LOL, you prove my point then.

Quote:

You  manufacture assumptions and call them mine. That is very "clever".  :rolleyes:

You said it  :grin:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: Ego Death]
    #5032868 - 12/08/05 05:02 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Matbe psychics exist. But I don't tkink they can interfer in someone's life like that. I think you should do what you feel, not what this person said.
How do you feel wihtout the anti-depressants? Because if you feel ok you shouldn't probably get back to them. And f ahe really is a psychic, don't you yhink the best advice she could give was that yo try to become stronger - cause everybody has the ability to heal himself - and try to life you life without this - from my point of view - useless or maybe bad pills?
The reason i'm saying that is because in order to be a psychic I think you must have a very stron spirituality. And I don't think that a spiritual person could give you such an advice.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #5032907 - 12/08/05 05:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Taking medical advice frm a psychic, thats a new one. I'm sure she knows a great deal about brain chemistry, SSRI's, and your specific problems.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: barfightlard]
    #5032925 - 12/08/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm psychic.. and I say stay off the meds. Eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables and whole grains and nuts and fish. Drink a lot of water. Stay away from processed and refined and fried and denatured foods, red meats, white flours and refined sugars. Eat lots of oranges. Get sunshine and exercise every day, preferably at the same time. Be happy. The act of smiling releases happy chemicals. And don't forget to breathe.

--------------------

Offlinetomekk
<(O_o)>

Loc: On a road to nowhere
    #5033322 - 12/08/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I won't give my usual blow-by-blow, but most of those generalities will apply to a large group of people.

Here is a mini-test I propose. Step 1 is useful for testing any psychic / spiritual healer, etc.

1. Tell the psychic that you will pay her twice the normal rate, but that you will only do so if she convinces you of her authenticity by the end of the session. The Swam predicts that they will ALL say "No!" Of course there are many clever rebuttals to that...

2. Tape record the session. I guarantee that the psychic will probe for information. Most likely your sister unwittingly gave the psychic much information which was then fed back. For example, the psychic says your brother has a medical condition (almost everyone has physical problems from simple myopia and balding to high blood presure and diabetes.) Then your sister replies, "Yes, he is struggling with depression." The psychic then quickly changes "medical condition" to "depression" when talking about you. It is a simple game. The word "struggling" leads the psychic to the possibility that you are not taking medication for it - and so on...

Listening carefully to the tape later, you would hear exactly what I mean. You can witness the same thing on "Crossing Over", even through the heavy editing.

3. Visit the pyschic and I will "predict" that she does not recognize you as the brother of a recent client unless you leak the information to her.

Remember, if she was authentic, she would be collecting Randi's million dollar reward instead of the 25 quid from your sister.

I agree with swami.

Besides the arguments already listed, why would a true psychic need to ask questions? Wouldn't he just be able to read out everything you have on your mind and for see the future without any effort? Of course there is always "but what if...", but I believe they're all scamers who rely on people's trust and ignorance.  :thumbdown:

Also... if you started believing in the future he for saw, then i think many would subconsiously work towards that future.

Would your future turn out differently if you had never gone to that psychic? Possibly.

Edit: Besides, i think if there are any real psychics they would most likely be locked up in some mental institution.  :tongue2:

--------------------
You got some great dreams, but in order to dream you have to be asleep. When are you going to wake up?

Edited by tomekk (12/08/05 09:40 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #5034157 - 12/08/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It's interesting for me to read the posts I made from years ago and remember what was going on in my mind back then.  This post is over 3 years old.

Time has proved the psychic wrong on one count at least; my sister never did marry  that boyfriend and is presently engaged to someone else.

And I haven't taken anti-depressants in 2 years.

Still crazy though  :smirk:.

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5034787 - 12/08/05 04:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Quote:

Singaraja, Bali, INDONESIA (PRWEB) February 24,2004--For years the Randi organization has pretended to offer a bogus million dollar reward to any person who can successfully demonstrate any psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability. This has naturally generated a lot of publicity and profit for the lead charlatan of the Randi organization, former sleigh of hand con artist James Randi. That is until the Yellow Bamboo organization from Bali INDONESIA called his bluff and actually demonstrated paranormal ability in front of scores of independent witnesses and a media representative from the Radio Republik Indonesia broadcasting network On 14 September 2003 Mr. Nyoman Serengen, the founder of Yellow Bamboo (with over 40,000 members) successfully slammed down, without touching, the Randi representative Mr. Joko Tri clearly demonstrating extraordinary paranormal ability. Once the demonstration was successfully carried out James Randi frantically scrambled to concoct a phony pretext not to pay.

For many years, Mr. James Randi has successfully scammed the public into believing he would actually pay one million dollars to anyone successfully demonstrating any psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability.

Once the Yellow Bamboo organization actually scientifically demonstrated paranormal ability Randi went into panic mode and was seen grasping at any straw available to induce his congregation not to realize he is a fraud. The fib he concocted was convincing at first but upon closer inspection is impossible to be true.

Con man Randi claimed he believed that Mr. Serengen used a taser or stun gun and successfully bamboozled his flock this was the pretext why he did not pay up as promised. Randi has no proof or witnesses but is just going on his “intuition”. Pretty funny to be using intuitive powers for someone who claims to debunk intuitives. Maybe he should apply for his own challenge.

The Yellow Bamboo organization has researched the use of stun guns and tasers thoroughly (see http://home.howstuffworks.com/stun-gun.htm) and this specious theory is impossible to be true for a multitude of reasons including but not limited to:

1.Eyewitnesses and the independent journalist who were within 2 meters of the demonstration would have seen any stun gun or taser employed and would have seen on the video.
2.Taser guns shoot darts which would have left holes in shirt and the witnesses would have seen the wires.
3.Stun gun must have physical contact but the Randi representative Mr. Joko Tri never touched Mr. Serengen.

Immediately after Randi fabricated this falsehood he promised the Yellow Bamboo organization he would travel to Indonesia to personally conduct another test. So far he has failed to show up and the Yellow Bamboo organization is still waiting for him to arrive. But given his history of falsehoods they are not holding their breath

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Dr Alvin G Donovan III
Yellow Bamboo Organization
Intl + 62 812 365 2355 (best time 7PM to 11AM NY time)
www.YellowBamboo.com

:smirk:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5034813 - 12/08/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
It's interesting for me to read the posts I made from years ago and remember what was going on in my mind back then.  This post is over 3 years old.

Time has proved the psychic wrong on one count at least; my sister never did marry  that boyfriend and is presently engaged to someone else.

And I haven't taken anti-depressants in 2 years.

Still crazy though  :smirk:.

Good for you. Didnt realize that this post was over 3 years old though...Swami probably heavily changed his beliefs by then and now probably practices Wicca and the like under strategically placed candlelight

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Sister went to see a psychic. [Re: Fospher]
    #5034827 - 12/08/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

:rotfl:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order