Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The 'real' WWJD thread
    #4816896 - 10/17/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"WWJD - what would Jesus do?" is a question that Christians are supposed to ask themselves when making difficult moral decisions.

Such modeling sounds like a good idea except for two things: the results show no large-scale difference from non-WWJDers in such matters as war, divorce, wife-beating, alcoholism, unwed pregnancy and so forth.

How can an untrained follower with less insight know as much of the possible ramifications of any action as that of a master? Answer: he / she cannot.

I am a novice tennis player. When in the middle of a rally, if I asked myself what would Federer do, will my game improve? No, not even slightly. I need skills and understanding and practice. Modeling after experts in any field takes work, study and discipline; not a momentary reflection.

The pedophilac priest who spots a handsome young alter boy and asks WWJD is likely to answer according to his own nature.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: Swami]
    #4817411 - 10/17/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"Such modeling sounds like a good idea except for two things: the results show no large-scale difference from non-WWJDers in such matters as war, divorce, wife-beating, alcoholism, unwed pregnancy and so forth."

come on now swami... are you actually citing some "study" with "results" to back up your oppinions? lol... i assume that you are assumeing that that would be the case if studied... but i dont think you actually read any studies on wwjd'ers before making this post. cite sources if im wrong.

"How can an untrained follower with less insight know as much of the possible ramifications of any action as that of a master? Answer: he / she cannot"

your right. good point. I agree.

however, we do know that we can learn from people who know more than us. therefore, by admiring and attempting to emulate people who are "better" than us, we might be able to transcend some of our own limitations. standing on the shoulders of giants, or whatever.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4817531 - 10/17/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sure helps when that darn question in Calculus is giving you problems. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4817709 - 10/17/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"How can an untrained follower with less insight know as much of the possible ramifications of any action as that of a master? Answer: he / she cannot.

I am a novice tennis player. When in the middle of a rally, if I asked myself what would Federer do, will my game improve? No, not even slightly. I need skills and understanding and practice. Modeling after experts in any field takes work, study and discipline; not a momentary reflection."

good point. But I think that the failure of most christians to follow what jesus taught has more to do not with the ineffectiveness of the WWJD philosophy, but with their failure to implement it in a meaningful way.

A preist who fucks that pretty little alter boy obviously isn't asking himself what jesus would do, nor is the abusive husband. They are not implementing this philosophy and they are not putting effort into living in accordance with the teachings of christianity.

so your argument falls flat on its face... BOOYAH!!

lol, j/k

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: dr0mni]
    #4817930 - 10/17/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

asians rock.
:thumbup:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4818203 - 10/17/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
"WWJD - what would Jesus do?" is a question that Christians are supposed to ask themselves when making difficult moral decisions.

Such modeling sounds like a good idea except for two things: the results show no large-scale difference from non-WWJDers in such matters as war, divorce, wife-beating, alcoholism, unwed pregnancy and so forth.

The one can not be compared to the many. You are talking about the decisions of one. Not the results of the many

How can an untrained follower with less insight know as much of the possible ramifications of any action as that of a master? Answer: he / she cannot.

One learns WWJD by reading what Jesus did. By study and application of what Jesus did to ones own life. That is how Swami

I am a novice tennis player. When in the middle of a rally, if I asked myself what would Federer do, will my game improve? No, not even slightly. I need skills and understanding and practice. Modeling after experts in any field takes work, study and discipline; not a momentary reflection.

I think you have answered yourself here and as with everything one must start at the start

The pedophilac priest who spots a handsome young alter boy and asks WWJD is likely to answer according to his own nature.

Exactly, and this man did not ask WWJD did he?

So what is your point ? That asking WWJD is a waste of time ? Asking what the master would do is a very very wise action........ Isn't it ?

One does not become a master tennis player by never asking questions ?

If one was not to "ask of" the masters of this world one would be a arrogant failure.

One becomes as one asks. One learns as one views. One grows on the roots of others. One becomes one with the masters or..........

one stays as one

When you ask the masters you are not one but more :heart:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #4818250 - 10/17/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"WWJD?"

he would fake his death.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: kotik]
    #4818296 - 10/17/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

And we are still speaking of his fraud ass 2,000 years later

Pretty good trick :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4818357 - 10/17/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The problem is the emulation is ALL in the mind of the believer and not really based on the mind of Jesus.

FK: No telling someone to FUCK OFF is fine in the eyes of God

FK: Remember that God himself has ordered the death of thousands of people.

Being abusive, lacking compassion and justifying killing people are not my idea of what Jesus taught, but you may see differently.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#4818532 - 10/17/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I am impressed that you take so much trouble to save such quotes. That you put so much energy into the study of my every word. That you save all the little tid bits in my posts. The fact that you can so quickly post them is amazing. Nice job:thumbup: How many have you got ?  but, as usually you have taken my quotes out of context and abused them......:lol: in a attempt to crush my point.

Ok then......... we are not talking about emulation, you are. We are talking about asking a question from a master. To look at perfection and ask ourselves is what we are doing correct. How we "act" is not the point. It is how we learn from our mistakes that is the point. A student makes many mistakes and that is the point. Emulation is arrogant, emulation is false, emulation is weak.

It takes real work to learn, to grow, to accept failure and move forward. Emulation of faith or logic is naive and leads to stagnation.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4818666 - 10/17/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Three people have broken the rules in this thread.

I am highly offended. :snub:

Ban.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: The 'real' WWJD thread [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4818711 - 10/17/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

Oh come on now............... :grin:

We are having a disscusion about asking what we do comparied to what Jesus whould do.

One point is that it is mearly an emulation and the other being that it is an attempt to ask oneself WWJD ?

Is emulation real truth ?

Is comparing our choice to WWJD an honest approach to handling life ?

Or is it just a waste of time ?

:confused:

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4818966 - 10/17/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

the real question is; what would jesus do for a klondike bar?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4819584 - 10/18/05 04:48 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The fact that you can so quickly post them is amazing.
I am an amazing guy. Naturally you are wrong in that I have not saved a single quote of yourr.

How we "act" is not the point.
Huh? Any crime is OK if we only do it once? Much of the Bible concerns the proper way to act. When Jesus talks about Christians, he directly states, "By their acts ye shall know them."

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4819739 - 10/18/05 07:33 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I thought it always stood for "Who Wants Jack Daniels?"

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4819764 - 10/18/05 07:44 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nah, its some slogan somone made up and ended up making alot of money with it. It probly dont mean crap to alot of Christians.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder