Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineDeviate
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4769880 - 10/07/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i don't mean to interupt here but i just wanted to share my experience of the path of excess. i completely agree with dr0mni in that the path of excess is only useful if we learn from it. when you take the path to excess there will come a time where you will begin to understand where it leads and see that it ultimately ends in self destruction. when you see that you then have the option to get off that path and instead follow the path to higher consciousness and psychological well being. once i got off the path to excess (which consisted of smoking marijuana multiple times every day) i found it was so much easier to resist the temptation of excess with all things. why? because i know where it leads and it did not lead to happiness or relief from suffering, since i know i want my suffering to be relieved and i know that in the end the path of excess will only make it worse there is very little temptation to take that path. however it seems like not all people on the path of excess see this or they get so far down the path that they no longer have the strength to get off. for example i have a friend who is an alcoholic, me and all my freinds can see that it is destroying his life and slowly killing him. everytime we see him he looks pailer and sicker and it is very sad for us, yet he only knows how to find relief in more alcohol and it will eventually lead to his own destruction.

as for jim morrison, sure you may glimpse enlightenment if you derange your senses long enough but sometime you are going to need to turn around completely. did morrisoin ever turn around? or did he die from a drug accident?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: Deviate]
    #4770031 - 10/07/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
did morrisoin ever turn around? or did he die from a drug accident?

No, Morrison never turned around, and that is why I admire him. He lived life on his own terms, regardless of what anyone thought, even the people closest to him. Yes, he did die young, but he crammed more living into his 27 years than the majority of people who live long healthy lives ever will. Also, there is no way to know for sure what exactly caused his death, as this has remained a mystery for 35 years now, and the only woman who knows died shortly after he did.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: pschumach]
    #4770047 - 10/07/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have no path, I just exist and die.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineDeviate
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4770104 - 10/07/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

do you admire crackheads for living their lives on their own terms? what about murderers and rapists? jim morrison was an interesting man and i admire him as well but not simply because he "lived his life on his own terms". i live my life on my own terms regardless of what people think (which is why most of my friends think i'm nuts) but i didn't find happiness in excessive drug abuse or many of the other mundane pleasures most people consider "living". to me living is connecting with the "river of life" which is ever flowing and continually transcending itself and when i am one with it i am living. in fact in my opinion all people are seeking this feeling of life, they just go about acheiving it in different ways, most of the time unconsioussly.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: Fliquid]
    #4770105 - 10/07/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

deep

OfflineDeviate
Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: Fliquid]
    #4770111 - 10/07/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fliquid said:

then that is your path.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #4770227 - 10/07/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
Quote:

Fliquid said:

then that is your path.

You have a serious case of path fetish dude.  :grin:
You think in paths, there are no paths in my way of thinking.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: pschumach]
    #4770266 - 10/07/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

This thread reminds me of this quote:

"...you know, what you have to bear in mind is this: drug receptors are as individual a thing as height, hair color, eye color, and so forth. And it is simply true that we are born with affinities for certain drugs, and a lack of affinity for others.

The Irish are supposed to be able to drink. I can't drink. If I have two beers, then I'm worthless.

So I think that part of what growing into drug awareness means is not taking every drug and every combination around, but actually learning what works for you. Another good example is the tropanes. I would say that maybe 19 out of 20 people- including myself- should have nothing to do with that stuff. But there do seem to be people who can handle it."

-Terence McKenna

People often say that Cannabis makes them unmotivated, and lose focus.  For me its always been the opposite.  I would always perform better on tests in school if I had smoked before.  I know some very creative and happy people who have smoked daily for 30+ years.  People often blame a drug for their feelings, but you make your feelings.  If you believe Cannabis makes you lazy, then you will smoke it and be lazy. 

Im not saying Cannabis is for everyone, just find what works for you.  I love growing Cannabis, and I love enjoying Cannabis :smile:

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Cannabis - good or bad for the soul? [Re: J4S0N]
    #4771004 - 10/07/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

it is all dependent on how strong your mind is and how much you know and are willing to accept before you give up

for me it allows energy control and conscious awareness (i mean real awareness) and i often meditate and have oobe's... for many though, they forget how to use drugs to benefit themselves, and stay stuck in this world and never sit down and take a minute to think.

pm me if you dont know what im talking about

its all about perception.

And paths do exist, and there is a beginning and an end to your path, but it is still possible to change your path, or at least make it easier to follow rather than just guessing the whole way

and if you just exist and die, you are a sad individual, i know because i used to be

Quote:

People often say that Cannabis makes them unmotivated, and lose focus. For me its always been the opposite. I would always perform better on tests in school if I had smoked before. I know some very creative and happy people who have smoked daily for 30+ years. People often blame a drug for their feelings, but you make your feelings. If you believe Cannabis makes you lazy, then you will smoke it and be lazy.

Im not saying Cannabis is for everyone, just find what works for you. I love growing Cannabis, and I love enjoying Cannabis

there is very much truth to that statement, whenever i smoke i either want to meditate or go do something fun and exciting, experience everything i can... its different for different people, but you can affect how it affects you, thats what is beautiful about life

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Edited by TheGus (10/07/05 09:36 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4773343 - 10/08/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
do you admire crackheads for living their lives on their own terms? what about murderers and rapists? jim morrison was an interesting man and i admire him as well but not simply because he "lived his life on his own terms". i live my life on my own terms regardless of what people think (which is why most of my friends think i'm nuts) but i didn't find happiness in excessive drug abuse or many of the other mundane pleasures most people consider "living". to me living is connecting with the "river of life" which is ever flowing and continually transcending itself and when i am one with it i am living. in fact in my opinion all people are seeking this feeling of life, they just go about acheiving it in different ways, most of the time unconsioussly.

:thumbup:

Oh, and we are ALWAYS walking a path, even if we are creating it as we walk. Every destination has a path that leads to it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck