Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Ego versus Soul, and my use of the words
    #1523428 - 05/06/03 12:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ive noticed in some of my posts, I use different words than others here for how I view things. This is certainly a problem with language - in that one person might have a completely different mentality behind certains words than another person.

This post is going to clarify what I consider "soul" and "ego". I am not certain what the dictionary considers this terms as, nor do I care. I dont really care much for words in general, and I wish I didnt have to use them to express my views...but unfortunately, its the only way I know how ( I cant draw good and im afraid I dont know telepathy :smile:

Ego and soul are opposites in my opinion.

Ego is what you want others to think of you. Its how you consciously present yourself to others based off of insecurities or craving of their energy. Ego is fueled by lack of change, confidence, ignorance, and desire.  The ego is your worst enemy - its what creates horrible situations in your mind and scares you when your security is challenged. Its what make you feel embarrased when someone challenges you physically, and its what makes you challenge others mentally and physically.

Soul is what comes natural. Soul comes when no anxiety or worry is present - as those are not part of our natural state. The person who has no ego, and has soul is no longer service to self. He longer dedicates his remainly life on the planet to helping himself - its ALL about helping others.

He is no longer afraid of death - because he knows death is not a reality, in the sense the ego views it as. The ego views death as a loss - the soul views death as a returning to what was before birth, a competely natural happening.

Ego is weak, insecure, jealous, and very protective. It struggles to take over and survive.

Soul is about surrending, accepting, non-resistance, love, compassion and joy. Soul is the state we were born with ..... ego develops later on.

Now I dont claim this is how it "is". This is simply my views. Also note I dont consider soul to exist after what we consider ourselves "die".

I dont believe soul, and certainly not ego , are permanent.                         

Please feel free to ask any questions or share your beliefs, but if you are just looking to start angry debate or anything less than friendly intentions please, i ask look elsewhere!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Ego versus Soul, and my use of the words [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1523436 - 05/06/03 01:00 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

To some degree, I believe this also.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleMiddlemanM
mid-spectrum

#1523446 - 05/06/03 01:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

the most difficult thing about this whole "seeker" trip,
is a total lack of a consensus of terminology.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1523467 - 05/06/03 01:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i'm with you with that one supermarket, you might say, quite literally.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Ego versus Soul, and my use of the words [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1523481 - 05/06/03 01:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I once read something real true about words...I believe it was in Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

He explained how words themself should only be used as "bridges" to experience. Once the experience is felt or experienced - than the word is no longer needed.

This is something that has been on my mind a lot. How language and words indirectly and directly alter our percpetion and experiences....and how they create arguments, turmoil, etc. Words are truly a poor way of communication - hopefully someday humanity will find a way to move passed words! direct transmission of experiences and non-worded thoughts baby!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology