Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleadrug

Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1366383 - 03/11/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly, I believe that we all have many 'soulmates', not just one. And, that there are many different types of soul mates. There are those that we are involved with romantically, those who are a part of our lives to help teach us important lessons, people we've known before and have karma to deal with from our past lives, and so on. There are people I meet in my everyday life that have a profound effect on me without any kind of romantic involvment. Who is to say they aren't soul mates too? A soul mate is just a term used to describe a person that you feel a strong connection with, whether it be a permanent connection or a temporary one. Maybe you've learned your lesson from this girl and now its time to move on? Unconditional love is a huge part of it. I was in a relationship with a man whom I loved so much, so unconditionally, when he turned away, I just let him go without making a fuss because that was what he wanted. This seemed to surprise him to no end, and now even years later we keep in touch occassionally. Circumstances just don't allow connected people to be together sometimes. Its a part of the lessons of life. But in the end, it doesn't really matter, because we are all one anyway. :smile: 

Edited by adrug (03/11/03 01:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1366391 - 03/11/03 01:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Although I am worried I could be making a poor decision. I don't know.

We'll have to see what happens in the future I guess.

OfflineFunGuyFan
Stranger

Loc: Hack Hack Cough Cough
    #1366461 - 03/11/03 01:41 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Who says we have only one soulmate. I am sure their are different kinds. I used to have a friend she was a girl as well, we always said we were soul mates. Don't get me wrong we were not lesbos or anything like that, just very close friends. We were friends for quite a few years and never had one arguement. Then all of a sudden one day she did not want to have anytihng to do with me. She said it was because she was tired of hearing about my problems all of the time. I thought thats what friends were for, apparently she didn't. I am still hurt by that to this day and that was about 5 years ago. Anywho my point in telling you that is that now I am married to my soul mate (a wonderful man) and we have had many a problem in our time. Stuff that a lot of people would walk away for but it has never crossed our minds to do so. I do believe there are different people that cross our paths at different points in our lives to teach us lessons. I still feel that my old friend was a soul mate for that period in my life. We grew up a lot together and had a lot of good times. Maybe you fell this is your soulmate but that does not mean that you are meant to spend the rest of your lives together as a couple. Maybe your supposed to be friends. I personally have never looked at another man since I met my hubby and he says the same for himself. I don't have the whole story so its hard to answer your question. I'm curious as to why she told you she did it. Was she fucked up or something. A lot of times if they get away with it once they will do it again, but thats not always the case. I don't think I could ever truly forgive for that kind of betrayal. Good luck!

--------------------

"Don't touch me while your laughing maniacally"

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: FunGuyFan]
    #1366504 - 03/11/03 01:57 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

She wasn't fucked up.

She liked the guy, she hung out with him once, and one thing led to another.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1366724 - 03/11/03 03:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ask her what she would do in your place and ask yourself what you would of done in her's (that is, sleeping with another woman).  This should generate some good discussion. If she hasn't done anything to hurt the relationship in the past, maybe this was just a big misjudgment on her part and in that case i would consider giving her another chance. 

P.S. We are all one consciousness so we are all each others soulmates  :grin:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1366740 - 03/11/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds like you have a problem with co-dependence. Feel free to forgive, it's of the highest spiritual motive to do so. But forgiveness does NOT mean you forget, and it does not mean that you lose your ability to make rational decisions - like attempting to continue in an intimate relationship that she has violated. Intimacy is exclusive in a healthy relationship. One doesn't attempt to sweep the broken heart under the proverbial rug. One doesn't fall into denial and tell oneself that the relationship is still intact.

What you can be almost certain of is this: if you overlook a violation of trust this profound, this girl will simply develop contempt for you, for taking such a slap-down without simply walking away. It is practically guaranteed that she will do the same and worse in the future. Meanwhile, your self-esteem is going to be damaged should you continue with her. If you are masochistic, this is the time to come to terms with it and overcome it by walking away. Otherwise, expect more pain.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1366781 - 03/11/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I absoulutely agree with you on this entire matter. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: adrug]
    #1366878 - 03/11/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly, I believe that we all have many 'soulmates', not just one

Yup, probaly some 6 billion plus soulmates.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Swami]
    #1366943 - 03/11/03 05:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Stalking is the perfect dating system. You never argue over money, you can see them whenever you want, there is never any problems with sex and breaking up is much easier....

If I had a freaking nickle for everytime I thought I found my soul mate......

I have found that it's best when she thinks your her soul mate and you think she's a hotty....  :wink:

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
    #1465260 - 04/16/03 08:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm, I suppose it could be overlooked for some people. However me personally...NO! I don't give second chances to people, why would they cheat in the first place...its wrong and makes them untrustworthy, and also unworthy of my love for them. It would be hard to let them go and hard to trust again, but it would have to be done. I've never tolerated a cheater, whether it be in a serious relationship, marriage or even a friendship...there is no excuse for those kind of actions.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Jenherself]
    #1466176 - 04/17/03 01:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you're strong enough to actually get over this then give her a second chance. However, trust her less, hit her more and insist upon sodomy.

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: amnesiaseizure]
    #1466487 - 04/17/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Her -"Honey I'm so sorry I made the mistake of letting him slip his giant, hot, big, man salami in my loose clitoris."

You -"Well, uh, if you're sorry I guess."

Her -"It won't happen again I promise(again)."

You -"Uh, sweet, ok (I'm weak.)"

Her -"Now pull down your pants and let me make it up to you."

Signs of a true tramp.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1466495 - 04/17/03 07:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

there is no such thing as a soulmate. break up with this girl and soon you will realize all the errors in the relationship that was covered up by love.

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: ]
    #1467379 - 04/17/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well in regards to your very first question....they are not your soul mate if they cheat...a soul mate would know better.

Phosoman you put that well.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Jenherself]
    #1467828 - 04/17/03 03:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Cheat on her, tell her about it. See how she takes it. If she still wants to be with you its possible the relationship could work. It will put you on equal footing, so to speak.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Buddrow]
    #1475714 - 04/20/03 05:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Only one thing to do: fuck her best friend. Then, fuck her mom.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #1476773 - 04/20/03 03:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think a number of the responses herein are disgusting, if they're serious.

If she cheated, there's something wrong --- if you two sort it out and work through it, then voila - it proves soulmate-ness, whatever that may mean to you.
If you don't, including if you just pretend nothing happened, then expect more trouble in the future, because cheating is rarely something in and of itself, but tied to something deeper.

I'm constantly amazed that people who are supposedly so dedicated to open-mindedness are so narrow.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: valour]
    #1476829 - 04/20/03 03:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't get caught up in the soul-mate business. As soon as something goes wrong you'll be thinking "maybe this isn't really my soul-mate". Relationships aren't magical stress-free things, they take dedication, effort and there will usually be rough waters. In a situation where someone cheats on the other, you lose trust and self-esteem. There is no easy answer except to get out of the relationship. But that's not always necessary. What I said before can actually work, I've seen it. You can even tell her in advance that you are going to go out and have sex with someone else. If she freaks out over you even mentioning it, that shows how selfish she is and you will know that she will always think of herself over you. I'm not sure if you were saying that my post was disgusting, Valour, but I disagree. If anything you could say its cold-hearted, but life isn't always roses.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: Buddrow]
    #1476859 - 04/20/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, life is hard, but if you're deliberately being cold-hearted, that's wrong.
Life is hard enough without making specific decisions to make it harder for others.

As for it not all being roses, that's exactly what I was talking about -- you have to work through it (which is what I wrote) or get out.

My spin on the concept "soul mate": if at the end of your life, you realize you've been with this person all along and it worked out, then maybe you can say "hey, maybe they were my soul mate." I certainly don't mean, nor did I even imply, that it's simply a matter of finding "The One" and everything magically happening.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Anonymous

Re: Is it your soul mate if she cheated on you? [Re: valour]
    #1476894 - 04/20/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i find it funny that soulmates cheat on eachother...lol.. think people....there is either no connection, or no such thing as a soulmate.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom