Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
how to tell your syringes are infected.
    #4294617 - 06/14/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wanted to ask the pros how you can tell when your syringes are infected?

(I bet I will only have to refresh like 3 times lol thanks guys)

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Edited by thremix (06/14/05 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: how to tell your syringes are infected. [Re: thremix]
    #4294658 - 06/14/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that's a hard one to tell. i'm not sure if you can get a straight answer or not. maybe if you can do an agar smear, but you have to be absolutely clean if you do. i haven't had any problems with contamed syringes, more than likely if it is from a good source then your techniques should be looked at if you are having contam probs.
good luck
peace

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: how to tell your syringes are infected. [Re: backupwards]
    #4294829 - 06/14/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i make syringes myself with no sterile tek apart from common sense (clean table, gloves, dustmask etc.) and i never had a contam (not from a syringe, i mean). actually i think that having a contamined syringe is kind of rare, but the matter also interests me: how can you tell if the contam was in your syringe or in your procedure?

the only case in which one can be sure is when the mold starts in the same spot of the inoculation, but you can only tell it for cakes or agar, not for grains because you shake grains after inoculation, and not for LC for obvious reasons.

this takes me to the conclusion that contamined spore prints or syringes are just like cobweb mold: something that sometimes can occur, but that people worry too much about.

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: how to tell your syringes are infected. [Re: lepiota]
    #4294869 - 06/14/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus, Lepiota you are one sexy beast, You know that?

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: how to tell your syringes are infected. [Re: lepiota]
    #4294871 - 06/14/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Also I had a contam not long ago the first one in a long time it started at inoculation point but I think the contam was on the tip on my needle when I shot it up, If you have a really good lab grade microscope you can take a sample of the syringe and look for contams in it, try a liquid culture and see if it contams.

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract