Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Honey Water, contamination or not...
    #1251241 - 01/26/03 09:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

First and foremost, I would like to say hello to all members of the shroomery. After browsing this site for awhile now, I have decided to become a member so that you all may be able to help me, and I may be able to contribute a little also.

I just decided to try the "honey TEK" and was wondering what exactly I should see in my water in order to determine if it is viable to use when innoculating jars. I have searched all over the forum, read what posts I have seen and the description seems vague at best. According to what I have read I should see "stringy growth" or something to that effect.

My question is this: How large is the growth in the jar (I expect it will vary depending on incubation time, but "generally speaking"). I have noticed a small amount of growth but it is just that, very small. It clumps at the bottom and when I shake the jar it virtually dissappears (but it is still there). It does not resemble mycelium in the sense of what I am used to (only 2 days at proper temps but I can tell something is happening).

If anyone could clear this up for me I would greatly appreciate it. I dislike growing mold and disease...

TIA
SDYDK ATWAR

--------------------
To give is to live...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: Honey Water, contamination or not... [Re: ATWAR]
    #1251249 - 01/26/03 09:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You should see white puffy cloud looking things. That is the myc. It will be floating around in clumps. Shake the jar up and then suck it up into your syringe. My first time doing this tek I could tell it was myc. It should be almost obvious it is myc.

--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

Edited by lvleph (01/26/03 09:15 PM)

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Honey Water, contamination or not... [Re: lvleph]
    #1251266 - 01/26/03 09:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ditto, you will see white puffy clouds of different sizes. if you are not seeing much yet,give it a couple days. swirl it around once or twice a day.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Honey Water, contamination or not... [Re: DSD]
    #1251288 - 01/26/03 09:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well then, I suspect that I may have mycelium growing (itty bitty clouds...)  :grin: It is just so small at this point I couldnt be sure. I needed verification.

But, given the germicidal qualities of honey, and with proper procedures, how likely is it that the water will grow contams? Is it possible that the water could harbor contaminants until I transterred the mycelium to jars, thus infecting it at a later time?

And one other thing, how long should I incubate the water before I use it to innoculate and store in the fridge? 

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation