Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
How are the weilii coming?
    #4161560 - 05/11/05 01:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well weilii should be out right now, (after rains) and should be out for about a half a month to another month more, any finds? I'm headed out to hit a few old patches from last fall.

By the way, Weilii season doesent begin in october (as is strongly believed by a few) it begins as soon as it rains steadily for a day or 2 and temperatures are steadily around 75-82 degrees. Last year I picked my biggest most fruitful weilii on september 2nd.

As soon as you see alot of other fungii out, hit it, theres a good chance weilii will be out too.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Edited by I2ancid (05/11/05 01:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineceoner
Stranger
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: I2ancid]
    #4162789 - 05/11/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey whats up 12ancid??I hope this season is as cool as last, I had a great time with weili last year,can't wait to go hunting again...

OfflineWind_Drifter
Hooded Evolver
Loc: interplanetary wood
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: ceoner]
    #4162937 - 05/11/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I live where the Weilii grow...haven't found any yet but I've searched minimally. Has anyone found any yet? I and my other ATL shroomerite buddies haven't. It's that time though...

--------------------
"a new and beautiful light cast upon the world, the blissful intensity of life combined with the dematerialization of the surrounding reality and complete loss of ego triggered new and aware consciencenious; steadily evolving...."
Per Aspera Ad Astra

OfflineWind_Drifter
Hooded Evolver
Loc: interplanetary wood
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Wind_Drifter]
    #4162949 - 05/11/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Last fall the weilii was awesome. That and the golden teacher strain are the most visual strains I've encountered yet!!!

--------------------
"a new and beautiful light cast upon the world, the blissful intensity of life combined with the dematerialization of the surrounding reality and complete loss of ego triggered new and aware consciencenious; steadily evolving...."
Per Aspera Ad Astra

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Wind_Drifter]
    #4163456 - 05/11/05 09:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Its all up to the rain gods now...

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4163471 - 05/11/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If by golden teacher you mean the pointy golden capped cubes that grow around the Atl, they are one of the weakest strains visually i have ever encountered.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4163563 - 05/11/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey ceoner, if you wanna come down now im sure you could find a few with me but dont expect any huge finds this time of the year, maybe 2 trips worth each.

Heres something for the newbies, ceoner will tell you, you MUST get out of your car and scan the grass closely, they WILL be difficult to spot because most of them don't rise above the top of the grass, as soon as direct full sunlight hits them they stop growing upwards and just spread outwards. If its been dark because of storm clouds they will rise up above the grass but you still want to get out and just scan the grass, preferably with a dog on a leesh so you can just say youre walking him if any curious onlookers aproach you.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #4164126 - 05/11/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

have u found any yet rancid? after ivan during the fall i found that my yard was fruiting weilii! but as of yet no new boys have popped up. the valetuna that grew near by hasn't shown itself either. hope u guys are having better luck.

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Dimmy]
    #4164220 - 05/12/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

nah but it feels right, btw is your lawn watered by sprinklers?

edit:

havent been out looking, but will be after the next rain.

--------------------

Edited by I2ancid (05/12/05 12:16 AM)

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

#4164380 - 05/12/05 12:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

no its not. though now that u mention it, i think i'm ganna start busting out the hose  :wink:
here are some pics of the boys that popped out of my yard from last season in case your interested.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-39/624021551-100-0005_IMG.jpg

that was the first flush after ivan

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4164413 - 05/12/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The reason last fall was so wicked was because we had 3 hurricane fall-outs in a months span of time that boosted the average rainfall greatly.
This spring we've seen a SERIOUS lack of rainfall and the past 7 days Fulton county has only gotten POINT ONE of an inch of rain! :sad:
I have a feeling this spring is going to be slim pickings.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offline00gauge
Stranger
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: flowstone]
    #4165344 - 05/12/05 07:33 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hey dimmy, is that bermuda grass in your lawn? i dont know exactly what bermuda grass looks like and im trying to get an idea

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: 00gauge]
    #4166456 - 05/12/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

if you find a spot that is watered by sprinklers you pretty much only have to rely on humidity to bring forth weilii. If you have a direct spot put a box over it and a humidifier, you might be surprised.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Dimmy]
    #4166480 - 05/12/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dimmy said:
no its not. though now that u mention it, i think i'm ganna start busting out the hose  :wink:
here are some pics of the boys that popped out of my yard from last season in case your interested.

that was the first flush after ivan

man..being able to walk outside your front door and see those growing would have made my day, that's a true blessing  :cool:  hope you have better luck a little later in the year.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: SuperD]
    #4166888 - 05/12/05 04:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah weilii are often found in Bermuda i do believe my yard is Bermuda. as far as the boxes and humidifier... i don't know, that may attract more attention than I'd be comfortable with. by the way, how humid does it have to be before weilii fruit?

--------------------

Offlineceoner
Stranger
    #4166892 - 05/12/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

12ancid I might try and make it down there soon PM me or get me on AIM...and you do have to get out and scan the ground most of the weili are below the length of the grass where they are at, good luck to all this season

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: ceoner]
    #4168327 - 05/12/05 10:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

my aim nick is i2ancid1

--------------------

OfflineGonz0
Stranger
    #4169511 - 05/13/05 03:58 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I searched some hotspots last night, and today. Nothing, 2 more weeks? :frown:

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: Gonz0]
    #4169934 - 05/13/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Its all about the rain now guys. Just give it some time.

Offline00gauge
Stranger
Re: How are the weilii coming? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4177288 - 05/15/05 07:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

pretty good rain yesterday around the cobb area =)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification